Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - Februamarch 2015

Cobra847

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

creation of auxiliary components, such as: Tanks, Ships, AI Only Aircraft and much more.

These items are heavily related to our theatre development plans, and represent one of our most ambitious undertakings.

A couple of related questions: First, will the tanks (and other ground vehicles) be Combined Arms compatible? (Might be fun to have some more stuff to drive around!) Second, will the new ground vehicles work in all theaters? Do I need to own a specific theater to have access to certain ground units?

Oh, was I supposed to be more excited about the new airplanes? Maybe on monday ; )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm, the picture for "Theatre Dev" looks suspiciously like a 20mm Oerlikon machine gun mounted on a ship... WW2 theatre incoming?

Also, excellent news, and can't wait to see what's coming down the pipe!

I really hope it's a SU-24 (any variant IDC) as that is my dream DCS vehicle :) . DCS needs a fast dual seat all-weather attack aircraft that can attack ships and do SEAD missions. The only SEAD/Anti-Ship vehicle really in DCS is the SU-25 (including the T variant) which is NOT at all designed for that role as it is just too slow and susceptible to AA missiles. Also the dual seat capability of the SU-24 would make MP attack missions more fun and somewhat easier (as to have a designated pilot and weapons operator). The SU-24 is also quite similar to the MiG-23 but can take more than just Air-to-air missiles.

I really hope it's a SU-24 (any variant IDC) as that is my dream DCS vehicle :) . DCS needs a fast dual seat all-weather attack aircraft that can attack ships and do SEAD missions. The only SEAD/Anti-Ship vehicle really in DCS is the SU-25 (including the T variant) which is NOT at all designed for that role as it is just too slow and susceptible to AA missiles. Also the dual seat capability of the SU-24 would make MP attack missions more fun and somewhat easier (as to have a designated pilot and weapons operator). The SU-24 is also quite similar to the MiG-23 but can take more than just Air-to-air missiles.

I start to like the Su-24M as well. Love to watch the AI doing their thing with it, from SEAD to runway destruction. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Su-24 would be awesome. I've been doing lots of research on this aircraft and it's just amazing. There's even a special version of the Beryoza with 360 coverage !

What other swing-wing aircraft have ground radar ? Tu-22M and Tu-160... But that's more of a dream right now :)

Great news Leatherneck !

Well, t hose are great news! Looks like an exciting year for us. :thumbup:

On a related side-note:

Future.png

Really looks like the F-14's rear end! :thumbup:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Great update! Glad to hear that you're focusing on projects that others seem to shy away from. I'm very surprised (positively) that you're willing to ship proper period maps and units with your plane modules! I'm not a fan of current DCS WW2 because of the 50$ price tag per plane and then an additional price for the map.

If you're indeed working on a Corsair, I'll be much more willing to buy your WW2 plane. :)

Keep up the great work!

Mandatory pitchforks and torches because you're leaving us high and dry until Monday. :P

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent newsletter, thank you very much. I am so impressed that the next two aircraft will be bundeled with matching theatres and you are committed to provide supporting AI aircraft, ships and ground units. This shows that you do not want your aircraft to exist in a vacum, which makes LNS truly stand out among the DCS developers (including ED). I am very exited to learn the details.

• Like 2

Excellent newsletter, thank you very much. I am so impressed that the next two aircraft will be bundeled with matching theatres and you are committed to provide supporting AI aircraft, ships and ground units. This shows that you do not want your aircraft to exist in a vacum, which makes LNS truly stand out among the DCS developers (including ED). I am very exited to learn the details.

+1

This, so much this. Others need to learn from LN.

Awesome blog! An LN don't sweat we were just going a little stir crazy after the hype train reached LEO. Just a little while longer now! Very curious about the ground radar, my initial thought was "OH! MiG-27!" but that didn't have an A2G radar did it? Just the wee sensor thingmibob at the front.

Hmmm, the picture for "Theatre Dev" looks suspiciously like a 20mm Oerlikon machine gun mounted on a ship... WW2 theatre incoming?

My thoughts too and with a larger barrel in top left, it looks a bit like a US navy WWII aircraft carrier gun gallery.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Well, t hose are great news! Looks like an exciting year for us. :thumbup:

On a related side-note:

Really looks like the F-14's rear end! :thumbup:

Yes that is almost certainly the back end of an F-14. It is definitely a twin tailled plane but there's no mistaking the shape at the bottom of the stabilizer....

And again Air to Ground would point towards the F-14D. The tomcat is still the only plane that fits the bill with all the clues...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

+1

Yes, a great read, thanks LN!

The picture looks more like a Su-24 than F14 to me.

The F-14 got two tails. Looks like one tail in the picture. Maybe its just the angle. Whatever i cant imagine if there is a Su-24.

My dream might come true :D

Edited by T0x1s

Thanx for interesting and funny newsletter.

The bundle small maps would be parts of bigger future ones? Would make sense as advertising and feedback.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least