Thank you LN, I mean it

Rammit

I think this is a great day for DCS, LN and us, the backers and DCS users in general. This is a first released PFM+ASM supersonic in DCS, with radar, and it comes from a small team of very dedicated professionals. Many people with real MiG-21 experience will fly it, many of us who have heard stories from our friends/acquaintances/instructors will enjoy it too.

+ 1

You guys were the first to actually cross the finish line, if I am not mistaken. This forum is packed with a half dozen developers talking about well over a dozen projects, but this one actually GOT DONE. And it got done in spite of some unfortunate circumstances, which speaks a lot about the LN team.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I only had the opportunity to fly twice yet, but I also want to say "Thank you", Leatherneck!

I had lots of fun already, and I even landed it on the first try.

On the second one I crashed though.

Turns out that you shouldn't extend your speedbreaks when flying 400kph and 20m altitude above the runway.... :D

Finally a fighter you can train real dogfights, thankyou too. (supersonic included ofc )

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

I have to say, I wasn't altogether sold on the -21 before the preview videos started coming out. Even with the performance issues I'm having, it's probably right near the Ka-50 as my favorite DCS module. Good job! It's a riot to fly.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I dunno about any performance issues - so far I haven't had any but I'm still doing the training missions. But let me tell you - my old girl and I are back together after 8+ years. I only ground off the chassis twice trying to land :D but now everything's all good. I'm just keeping the needle between 0 and the first tiny little notch on the descent meter. Drag chute works great! She flies so darned smooth. I've almost completely forgotten about my old -21UM Mongol B! Almost. The cockpit shadows move fast and really smooth... I was up at altitude and the sun came up behind me and the panel lit up in the sunlight so realistically - nice shading engine! I love the way the pitot tube shakes under high AoA situations. The grey Russian livery is perfect. The radar looks so real you can almost smell that old phenolic resin "old electronics" smell when it's on.

Thanks so much, guys, for putting such detail into my favorite jet ever.

i7-8086K, ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, G Skill TridentZ 64 GB DDR4 3733, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080Ti

MIG -21: The must to have.

Awesome and great module, Congratulation.

What everyone here has said. Outstanding Job, great commitment to the DCS community and an absolutely stand out (and rare!) company for honouring the backers.

THANK YOU!!

Edit:

Just fired it up for the second time and had a good 2 hour flight. All I can say is:

Edited by Jimbo

Great DCS edition, I thought this bird will be harder to fly and especially landing, didn't read your manual but managed to land safely every time I tried, just keeping in mind that tires blow up at 360-380 km/h (depends on variant) which I haven't succeeded to blow up yet despite shaky touchdowns. This bird rules at low pass transonic but mastering this bird is longer run though.

- where are the liveries, many others are still missing?

About Serbian skin at training missions, due to great tribute to Novak Đordjevic must say man did a great job (as rest of dev. team too) so this skin honor probably goes to him but I personally prefer silver red star as default skin being reflection of birth age fashion of this cold war bird.

Nevertheless, I thought it will be harder to fly (my only disappointment) the rest is extraordinary perfect except theme song which is little bit midi like.

PS

"Djoka majstore, jebo sliku svoju al dobro si sastavio ovu kantu, šteta sta si srbin, al svejedno kad te vidin imaš rajku na moj račun ;)"

Edited by jackmckay