Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger

phant

Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger  

1010 members have voted

1. 1. Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger

• Yes, absolutely: i want it!
    • No, i'm wait for next Leatherneck's projects annoucements

Again, link please. That is, a link to an USAF Phantom pilot who flew in Vietnam, and said that 2 Phantoms were shot down for every MiG-21 shot down in dogfights during the Vietnam war.

Read more carefully.

SSSR clame it was 2:1,not 1:2 as USAF clame.

USAF pilots said if thay had to get back thry the time,and do everything again,thay vould prefer to be in MIG 21,than F 4 cocpit.They also argued that it is the opinion of the vast majority of pilots.I am not shure did I watch that interview at Discavery or youtube,but soppose that interview can be found at youtube.

I cant get more clear than this.

Edited by =JNA=Sova

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

www.jna.site50.net

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny, why are you guys talking about Mig-23 if they can not finish Mig-21 on time , its kind of strange to see this one here. first finish Mig-21 and then start talking about Mig-23 otherwise its really irritating, no offence

This. Same thing with Razbam.

Good Grief

Read more carefully.

SSSR clame it was 2:1,not 1:2 as USAF clame.

USAF pilots said if thay had to get back thry the time,and do everything again,thay vould prefer to be in MIG 21,than F 4 cocpit.They also argued that it is the opinion of the vast majority of pilots.I am not shure did I watch that interview at Discavery or youtube,but soppose that interview can be found at youtube.

I cant get more clear than this.

The SSSR also claimed that the Germans were behind Katyn, so excuse me if I don't believe them. If you can't get any clearer than "the soviets/Internet said it", I'm gonna go ahead and conclude that there's absolutely zero basis for your claim that the MiG-21 was superior to the Phantom.

I think a MiG-23 would be great.

What does it mean BFM?

DCS MiG 23 vould be nice to fly.It is true there is no right oponent.So fine solution vould be DCS F5.In my opinion it is right oponent for DCS MiG 21 and DCS MiG 23.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What does it mean BFM?

DCS MiG 23 vould be nice to fly.It is true there is no right oponent.So fine solution vould be DCS F5.In my opinion it is right oponent for DCS MiG 21 and DCS MiG 23.

Of Course you think the F-5 is the perfect opponent. You want to put a dinky little light fighter that is 3-500mph slower, and has little or no radar against the main 2nd and 3rd Gen soviet fighters. Extremely well matched.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

Of Course you think the F-5 is the perfect opponent. You want to put a dinky little light fighter that is 3-500mph slower, and has little or no radar against the main 2nd and 3rd Gen soviet fighters. Extremely well matched.

In 1970, Northrop won the International Fighter Aircraft (IFA) competition to replace the F-5A, with better air-to-air performance against aircraft like the Soviet MiG-21. The resultant aircraft, initially known as F-5A-21, subsequently became the F-5E. It had more powerful (5,000 lbf) General Electric J85-21 engines, and had a lengthened and enlarged fuselage, accommodating more fuel. Its wings were fitted with enlarged leading edge extensions, giving an increased wing area and improved maneuverability. The aircraft's avionics were more sophisticated, crucially including a radar (initially the Emerson Electric AN/APQ-153) (the F-5A and B had no radar). It retained the gun armament of two M39 cannon, one on either side of the nose) of the F-5A. Various specific avionics fits could be accommodated at customer request, including an inertial navigation system, TACAN and ECM equipment.[17]

And again,F 4 is two seat plane.Maby you vould like F 4 with AIM 120C agais MiG 21 BiS and MiG 23.Soppose that vould be fair fight for you.

Edited by =JNA=Sova

Смрт фашизму,слобода народу!

www.jna.site50.net

Beczl said; "Mig 21 soon will be completed,next project is MiG 23."Now,Beczl is out,situation remain the same?

MiG 21 BiS developer said thay allreday started new project,so it means thay allredy started to work at MiG 23?

No, we have not started to work on a MiG-23.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Have you considered making a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo campaign for e.g. the MiG-23? Naturally, after the MiG-21 is released so you can use it as a reference in the other project. If you're not convinced if it would sell well enough, this could provide a straight answer.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Have you considered making a Kickstarter or IndieGoGo campaign for e.g. the MiG-23? Naturally, after the MiG-21 is released so you can use it as a reference in the other project. If you're not convinced if it would sell well enough, this could provide a straight answer.

I think the decision has already been made mate. I am excited to learn what the future holds for Leatherneck.

Can't say I'm surprised to hear that, with things changing internally I figured the roadmap initially set out with has changed. Well it isn't the MiG-23, so I'm starting to lean towards it being Su-17/22 :D

I think it was their announcement post where they said they didn't want to try crowdfunding again for awhile until they got back trust (though could have been in the chit chat thread about the 21 instead). So I don't think we'll see a KS or IndieGoGo from Leatherneck anytime soon. Things could change though, obviously that is their call.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

A MiG-23 is a natural choice because it would share roughly 60-70% code commonality with the MiG-21.

Essentially; with complete artwork the development timeframe would be shortened to a maximum of 6 months. (!)

Therefore it does remain as a very attractive option in the medium-term future; but we have already decided (and poured a LOT of work into) our next endeavour. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Bring on the Harrier!!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 months later...