Since I'm posting videos today...

BlackLion213

Here is another fun watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZSK12MXuzQ

Behind the scenes footage from Top Gun, interesting info, fun to watch, and lots of extra footage.

Many of the Tomcats are from VF-51, such as this screenshot from the filming of the tower fly-by:

TG_screen.jpg

TG_Screen3.jpg

TG_screen4.jpg

TG_screen2.jpg

Nice footage of those classic, weathered TPS Tomcats. In some ways, the behind the scenes is better than the movie itself. ;)

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

Cool. I never knew about this. And Val Kilmer refused to go up in an F-14!!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Found one last (for today :)), interesting tidbit from these Top Gun behind the scene videos.

It turns out that Tony Scott was selected for the role of director partly because he had a little bit of experience filming aircraft. Several years before, he filmed a commercial for Saab...featuring the Viggen:

TG_Viggen.jpg

I know that there is no confirmation of a Viggen module. But if it happens, it is an amusing coincidence with the planned Tomcat module.

-Nick

Hey, is anyone else getting no voice recording on the Top Gun vids? Just music..... :(

LOL, I remember that SAAB advert..........getting old.........

RBG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i5 / 16gb RAM / Nvidia GeForce 1080Ti / Viewsonic 28" monitor / TM Warthog / TM Elite rudder pedals / TrackIR5

First flight sim: Psion 'Flight Simulator' (ZX Spectrum 48k)