Cockpit view

royphsle

Hi all, a question to the developers. I think the default view in the Spit cockpit is too close the instrument panel. It would have been much better if the default view was zoomed a little bit out, seeing half of the oxygen unit gauges on the left side for example. I know that a axis tuning fixes the problem, but that's not a good solution. I like the default view in the Mustang and the Fw-190 cockpit.

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I do think it's zoomed in a bit much, but I think it's also that the panel is closer in the Spit than say the Mustang's. I don't have any diagrams though, just going off real pictures I've come across. The dash just looks closer in the Spit

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hi all, a question to the developers. I think the default view in the Spit cockpit is too close the instrument panel. It would have been much better if the default view was zoomed a little bit out, seeing half of the oxygen unit gauges on the left side for example. I know that a axis tuning fixes the problem, but that's not a good solution. I like the default view in the Mustang and the Fw-190 cockpit.

you can customize your default view in dcs, inclooding zoom and head position.

Customising a Snap View:

1. Set your current view up as you want it saved.

2. Press LWin+NumN - NumN being whichever numeric keypad key you intend customising. Your view will briefly snap to whatever the current snap view setting is for that key, then return to your previous view.

3. Press RAlt+Num0 - The snap view should now be saved.

Test it by changing your view, then holding down LWin+NumX - you should see your customised snap view!

Important: Disable/Pause your Track-IR/Head-tracker while doing it !

Keys to use when setting up the view:

"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

"NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

Best regards

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I do think it's zoomed in a bit much, but I think it's also that the panel is closer in the Spit than say the Mustang's. I don't have any diagrams though, just going off real pictures I've come across. The dash just looks closer in the Spit

I see but the flying experience will be better if they change it.

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5