Viper academic videos

JamesRothwell

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that cockpit looks incredible! Thanks Wags for posting the link in this thread!

BTW did you all notice the early access release changed from "Early Autumn" to:

"The early access release date is planned for autumn 2019."??

I'm guessing this now means Nov at the earliest. Which is fine. Just please get this module right.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

• ED Team
Wow that cockpit looks incredible! Thanks Wags for posting the link in this thread!

BTW did you all notice the early access release changed from "Early Autumn" to:

"The early access release date is planned for autumn 2019."??

I'm guessing this now means Nov at the earliest. Which is fine. Just please get this module right.

Autumn 2019 is still planned.

When we have specifics we will pass it on to you all.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Don't you mean, "Early Autumn 2019 is still planned"

Not a big deal, but Autumn 2019 would be a change from what was originally said/planned...

Does it matter? They also said that was subject to change. If it has changed, you cant say they broke their promise or whatever.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Don't you mean, "Early Autumn 2019 is still planned"

Not a big deal, but Autumn 2019 would be a change from what was originally said/planned...

Here is the easiest way to anticipate it: we will get it when we get it. Simple as that. I know that I am newer to this community, compared to you and many others, or so it appears yet I’ve already learned this. So we all should probably be in the same boat. It was similar with the Hornet and PG map. A target deadline, is still a target, subject to change. A hard deadline is altogether a different story, but this wasn’t stated as a hard deadline. None of their modules are stated that way. We can all be hopeful, but life shouldn’t depend on when a module for a game comes out. Signed, an eagerly awaiting fan.

Cheers,

Don

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I have still too much to learn for the F/A-18C, so I'm not that eager to get the F-16. But the cockpit looks really awesome.

I also pre-purchased both modules. I’d certainly be ok if the Hornet was completed prior to the Viper, but when you have multiple people or teams working on projects - as long as the two don’t start to conflict in terms of allocated resources - then it’s good business to multi task. The output of Hornet updates/introductions has started to ramp up, so more learning potential for the masses with new systems, which then introduces the opportunity for new/modified tactics.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Like I said before, take all the time you need, just get it right.

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

• ED Team
What you said there about the IFF panel really got my attention about the things that might come. I hope I'm not interpreting too much into it. :joystick:

I never said "might come". I said we'll talk about it in a later video.

Great first introduction to the new aircraft!

The F-16C cockpiit looks fantastic... brought back more than a few memories from a decade ago. I can almost remember my startup checklist.... ;)

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

This is going to be amazing! Can't wait to hear the the new engine sounds. =)

BTW have the EA release been changed from Early Autumn?

From video:

The early access release date is planned for autumn 2019.

Our Viper is currently in development and will be released into early access later this year.

From video:

Our Viper is currently in development and will be released into early access later this year.

+1

This also surprised me.

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

What you said there about the IFF panel really got my attention about the things that might come. I hope I'm not interpreting too much into it. :joystick:

I never said "might come". I said we'll talk about it in a later video.

Yeah, but that sounds very much like this panel will actually get some proper functionality (e.g. changing transponder codes), which would mean that DCS finally gets proper IFF functionality. :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

From video:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248783

It seems to have been just a mix up of wording and Early Autumn is still the time of release.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• ED Team

The taxi, takeoff, and steerpoint nav video will be "soon". We just needed to add and adjust a few items before I can create the video. In many ways, these videos are a good tool for us to review and debug the product!

After this video will be an VFR overhead break landing video.

Thanks

Nice!

Thanks Wags!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||