Queen Tamara Airport

WatchYour6

I understand everybodies concerns about the scenario of 2008 but why not, we have WW2 aircraft flying around, also Mig 15 and so on against top fighters like F15. Why not? It will have a really big strategical intrests in for example Operation Blueflag because of its position. Maybe if people are so sceptical of it maybe ED can add a button to activate airports after 2008 in the mission editor so everybody haves the opertunity to either remove it for 2008 reasons or have them in for pure tactical and fun!

@WatchYou6 It doesn't matter to me what year the map is set, I was just under the false impression that it was supposed to be for the 2008 conflict.

Ideally the map should be as realistic as feasibly possible - sure it won't be the end of the world for the map but it makes the map more realistic and further broadens it's possibilities for mission creation and as a theatre (which is what we want as DCS is a sandbox).

The only valid reasons I can think of for not adding it is:

1.) The map in it's current state/upgraded state is designed for a year that predates the construction of certain features such as the airfield in question meaning it isn't historically accurate to implement it.

2.) Finding the resources to model the airport accurately isn't feasible/is too time consuming (which I doubt as it's a civilian airfield).

I personally want the Caucasus map to be as realistic as possible for the year that it's supposed to be set where possible. If it's set before the construction of Queen Tamar/Mestia airfield then I wouldn't want it to be added as Queen Tamar/Mestia was constructed more recently. However, there are other airfields such as Poti and numerous grass strips, which while maybe unsuitable for the current combat aircraft we have, could be good locations for FOBs etc.

All I could want is for the Caucasus map to be as realistic as feasibly possible, I would though like to see it expanded (maybe we could have paid expansion packs to add airfields for a small fee or improve certain areas or even expansion packs that actually expand the map's size, Crimea is a probably the most popular area to be fully modelled, I'd personally like an expansion into maybe the Caspian Sea or the Sea of Marmara (incl. the Turkish straits as they are significant waterways and possible naval choke-points with nearby airports)).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I completely agree with you arguments Recon that it dont exist if its in the 2008 scenario it shouldnt be there but I think DCS is a sandbox game where you can make own missions pre or after 2008. If you dont want it there you can simply ignore it.

But the argument you werent sure about with building plans with more is redicolous easy to get.

Heres a few of them!

Elevation-plan-design-Mayer-architects-600.jpg

Mestia-airport_planta-2.jpg

Heres is a link for a strawpoll if we should add the airport or not.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13102183

Edited by WatchYour6
Added strawpoll

I completely agree with you arguments Recon that it dont exist if its in the 2008 scenario it shouldnt be there but I think DCS is a sandbox game where you can make own missions pre or after 2008. If you dont want it there you can simply ignore it.

But the argument you werent sure about with building plans with more is redicolous easy to get.

Heres a few of them!

Elevation-plan-design-Mayer-architects-600.jpg

Mestia-airport_planta-2.jpg

Heres is a link for a strawpoll if we should add the airport or not.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13102183

Again, I'm all for the airfield being added, so long as people aren't concerned with historical accuracy (if we lived in an ideal world the map could have different versions for say the 2008 conflict and an updated 2017 one and then players can just pick and choose which one they want to play) but if historical accuracy for the current map is no concern then fine, I'm all for it.

And you've pretty much answered the resource problem, now just to find more of the airfields specs...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.