Axis Assignments- can’t configure

I had the same issue as OP. Everything showed fine in controllers in windows, but did not work correctly in game.

My fix came from unplugging my TMWH Stick and Throttle and plugging them back in after a couple seconds.

Note that after the initial download and first run of the module everything was fine. My problems started on the second time I started the game and subsequent attempts until I unplugged / plugged my controllers back in. I can now assign commands, but I lost the pre configured commands that came with the module.

This also happened with my A-10 UFC (Buddyfox).

Hope this helps someone in the future.

I tried these suggestions including unplugging my 3 Warthog controls, doing a repair and rebooting. For some reason I've yet to identify, I get very little joystick response in the F-16 module and the engine actually shuts down whereas everything works in the FA-18 including the TPR rudder pedals.

I'm considering a re-install of DCS Open Beta after the next update if the issue is not rectified... it's a bummer not being able to flying the F-16! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

I tried these suggestions including unplugging my 3 Warthog controls, doing a repair and rebooting. For some reason I've yet to identify, I get very little joystick response in the F-16 module and the engine actually shuts down whereas everything works in the FA-18 including the TPR rudder pedals.

I'm considering a re-install of DCS Open Beta after the next update if the issue is not rectified... it's a bummer not being able to flying the F-16! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You have confirmed that both Game flight mode and Game avionics are ticked off?

The F-16 does fly differently because the curve and deadzone are somewhat built into the FLCS Software. So you should set 0 curve or even - curve to make it feel more sensitive around the centre. I fly with default controls apart from rudder where I use 30 curve.

Also the Jet is very sluggish with the gear down or the aerial refuelling door open, by design. So make sure you have your gear up and the AR door closed.

As far as the engine shutting down? I don't know that one. Very strange. :huh: More info about when it does it would be good to maybe get to the bottom of the issue.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

sounds like multiple mappings to me. for example, if thrust is also mapped to rudder pedals, for example, then a full deflection in one of the directions might easily trick the aircraft into thinking that the thrust has been cut to zero.

@SlapStik, just check that each axis is only mapped to one of your controls

I'm using the TM T16000m with throttle and rudder pedals. I am able to map a lot of buttons. I mapped the toe brakes to my rudder, but the function is inverted. I have to press them down to release the brake and when I take my feet off the rudder, the brakes activate. No "game" boxes are checked.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Go to axis tune and there is a checkbox that inverts the axis.

I usually have to do this for toe brakes, if not always, but other pedals might be different.

Thanks! Fortunately, this is only happening on the F15C.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Just got home from work to try the fix. No go. And it is just the F15C. Works fine in the F18C and A10C. Scratching my head on this one.

Edited by Wolf333

Fyi, in order to fix my issue with the Warthog and TM TPR pedals I had to relocate the TPR USB to a different USB Port and everything now works... good luck with your issues!

I will try that tonight. Thanks!

Fyi, in order to fix my issue with the Warthog and TM TPR pedals I had to relocate the TPR USB to a different USB Port and everything now works... good luck with your issues!

That worked! Thanks Slapstik.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issue with mapping just the Toe Brakes in the F-16. All other Aircraft the toe brakes are mapping without any issues. I have tried several USB ports as well as restarted DCS many times.

Again, it is just with the F-16.

When you say you can’t map them what do you mean? They are highlighted in red and unmappable or when you click on the binding and it brings up the binding window it doesn’t see your toe brake axis?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

When you say you can’t map them what do you mean? They are highlighted in red and unmappable or when you click on the binding and it brings up the binding window it doesn’t see your toe brake axis?

It doesn't see the Axis when depressed. The Rudder Axis show up when assigning but the toe brake axis do not. I tested with the F18 by clearing the axis mapping and it picked it up right away without an issue.

Will load it up and take a screenshot just in case I am missing something stupid.