[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

tried out the MiG-19 after the latest move to stable release.

DCS/2.5.5.39384 UTC 2019-11-17 13:46:23

I was unable to contact ATC. I set channels two and six to 133 MHz in mission editor and wanted to contact Kobuleti. I couldn't get this to work.

Can someone check attached trackfile if I'm doing something wrong? I tried different switch positions but to no luck.

Thanks

Jens

Edited by gulredrel

I was unable to contact ATC. I set channels two and six to 133 MHz in mission editor and wanted to contact Kobuleti. I couldn't get this to work.

Can someone check attached trackfile if I'm doing something wrong? I tried different switch positions but to no luck.

Looking at your mission/track file, you have Ch 3 and Ch 6 setup for Kobuleti (133 MHz).

Checking the kneeboard "MiG-19 Radio" page, it seems only Ch 3 loaded with the correct frequency (bug ?).

• Battery ON

• Radio ON

• Ch 3 select

Radio Volume Up

• # key - com menu

... was all I needed to contact ATC for permission to startup.

I watched your track, but it was hard to tell which keys/channels you were using.

Sydy's Checklist may be helpful if you don't already have it

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303784/

Tested in DCS 2.5.5.39384

Edited by Ramsay
Add Volume Up

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Did the test again, and yes, Ch. 2 was a typo. It's set to Ch. 3 and Ch. 6.

Channel 3 works.

Channel 6 loads with the wrong frequency. It's 100 MHz regardless of that, what's set in mission editor.

See Screenshots attached.

@ =DECOY= : Could you please change thread title, looks like I can't do this or I'm unable to find the option.

Screen_191117_222212_radio_frequ_ME.png.66fdc7cbe4047b5cf49cfa381dfae5f8.png

Screen_191117_223543_kneeboard.thumb.png.534c2d1d00e6d110404813e122b8407b.png

Edited by gulredrel

Hello,

the manual states the following regarding firing sequence of R-3S:

"AUTO: Both Missiles will be fired in an interval of 1.2 seconds."

Actually it takes 3 to 4 seconds for the second missile to fire while holding the trigger.

See track and screenshot attached.

Version: DCS/2.5.5.39384

Regards

Jens

Try switching to fake radar clutter in the module's options. Raytrace of radar may take up CPU.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

• 1 month later...

Hi Redglyph,

yes, it´s the hole for the landing gear lever that seems to be most visible in that angle. To save on the size of the model nothing is modeled beyond the front panel dash. I´ll check to see if it is recommendable to add some kind of element behind so it doesn´t look as an empty space.

That's what I supposed :)

Here we see the runway but sometimes it's more visible in the air, especially since the gear handle and everything around is pitch black.

Then there's the poor pilot and the draught ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't change anything. Suddenly the module is no longer in the mission list. In the modules overview it shows as "installed".

Strange.

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

There is

• 10 Instant Action/Quick Start Missions

• 10 Training Missions

• 1 Campaign with 10 Missions

... in my DCS 2.5.5.41371 install.

As it has no SP Missions, the MiG-19P isn't listed under "Mission".

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the Mig-19 and immediatly noticed bad performance in VR (Rift S), stutters, big stutters !!!.

I have all the planes except the Gazelle, everything works fine with all other planes/heli. So, I am confident that it's not related to too high graphical settings. However, I try to disable some of them, to be sure that the bug is not related to the presence of shadows for example, or lens effect... No, it works as bad with or without them :)

I noticed that the Mig-19 is the only plane that seem to broke AWS. The behaviour isn't the same.

With all planes, the behaviour is as follow:

The FPS is 80Hz if it's possilbe or if the charge is too high, it immediatly fall down to 40Hz. No value in between or during a fraction of second.

The Mig-19 has a different behaviour:

The FPS is 80Hz if possible but it will not fall down to 40Hz as quickly as it should when the charge is too high. The FPS can oscillate between 60+ and 80Hz during long period of time as if something avoid AWS to trig. Forcing AWS ON don't fix the issue. The FPS appears to be 40Hz stable as it should but the big stutters remains.... No plane has this behaviour....

Maybe related or not, I also noticed that the radio compas oscillate quickly with large amplitude without stopping in the Caucasus free flight mission.

I have the feeling that there are high frequency interruption somewere. I have of course try to repair, drop shaders, no mod, I have also restarted the computer and also compare during the same session with other planes, all working perfectly.

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

If someone has the Mig-19 and fly it in VR, with Rift S even better, I would be really grateful and happy to hear some feedback about your flying experience in the Caucasus free flight mission :)

I did more test tonight and to be sure, I put every graphical setting to low, the lowest possible, Pixel density at 1.0 and tested many planes:, all working at 80Hz stable (F-18, F-16, P-51D, Mirage 2000, Harrier)

Even with everything at low, with the Mig-19, the issue is the same: the FPS isn't 80Hz stable, it oscillate between 70-80Hz, AWS doesn't trig and forcing AWS ON don't remove the stutters...

I try the Oculus beta drivers but it don't solve the issue.

I try to change the Mig-19 special settings (Radar Static, check/uncheck other checkboxes) without success...

I try to turn off the avionic systems but same issue...

This plane is lovely and seems to have interesting flight model and give the feeling to fly a machine like the Viggen and Mig-21 but it appears to be totally broken in VR, at least with the Rift S....

Hope to read some feedbacks and be the stupid guy in the story :doh:

By observing that the issue occurs mainly in the mountain near Tbilisi and less in other map than Caucasus, I found that the issue seems to impact other russian planes in the same region.

The effect are clearly stronger with the Mig-19 and in general, the VR performance seems worse with this plane but however, it is probably related to something else.

For the people interested to check the issue with other planes, I submit a new bug report here with a mission to reproduce it with the Mig-15, L39, Mig-19:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261940

This bug report can probably be closed...

Thanks for letting us know

For a time now some users have mentioned that they have some problems in VR with the aircraft while the majority doesn´t seem to have them. We found some issues months ago that was possible were impacting the VR FPS and those were fixed and the framerate was improved.

I fly myself with the Rift S with near to max settings, but with a 2080Ti and everything run smooth in any map. Anyhow, we will continue to search for probable problems that may be causing this.

Thanks for your answer.

The stutter issue appears to be related to the Marker Beacon Receiver and/or Radio Altimeter. As I said, I am able to reproduce the stutter issue with the L-39C. In the L-39C, if I disable the MRP-RV (Marker Beacon Receiver and Radio Altimeter) Switch, the stutter immediatly disappears, when I enable it, they come back.

Of course, I tried to disable these systems in the Mig-19, turning off most of circuit breakers but it doesn't solve the stutters. My opinion is that these circuit breakers shut down the gauge display but don't really stop the underlying processes that compute the altitude/beacon bearing... I am pretty sure that the Mig-19 is suffering the same issue because using shared API with the L-39C or something like that

It's important to note that, all my graphical settings are at the lowest possible values, the FPS is 80Hz stable with my Rift S, nvidia drivers up to date. There is behind the scene a process that interrupts the rendering pipeline. My i8700 CPU could be the limitation factor by beeing not enough powerfull to hide the underlying problem but not the 1080ti.

I need to invest more about it but if you could confirm/reject my supposition regarding the fact the disabling the avionics system don't really stop the underlying process/APIs calls, it could help.

The fact that the issue seems to occurs only in the Caucasus map let me think that it's more related to the beacons in the kHz range, less present in the other maps...

P.S I use the Open Beta version (up to date)

P.S. The mission to analyze the issue in the same condition than me is available here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261940 (first post in attachment)

Edited by Chapa