VR getting worse?

Quekel

I think the colors are just fine after an in-flight adjustment of gamma correction, but opinion on that varies from one person to the next. The Reverb is a WMR headset, so it doesn't have its own software. You run it through Steam VR, and the Steam VR for WMR plug-in. Once you get both of those installed and set up, the process of going into VR is as simple as it is with the CV1. Just start DCS and pull the HMD on. Everything that needs to happen should happen automatically. Since you currently have the CV1, you can keep Oculus Home from running automatically by going into the compatibility settings of the .exe file and checking the "Run as administrator" box. After you do that, you'll still be able to run your CV1, you just have to manually start Oculus Home. This will prevent the software for the two HMDs from interfering with each other, which has been known to cause weird performance and control issues. You may see a lot of talk about setting SS in Steam VR to around 188%, but I haven't found that setting it to anything higher than 100% has any benefit to the visual quality in DCS. My theory on that is that DCS isn't capable of rendering VR in a resolution higher than the native resolution of the Reverb, so all higher PD and SS settings get you is dramatic decreases in performance.

Ok I get what your saying about the higher pd settings. But I gather your pixel density settings in DCs options override the native ideal setting. So what is the native resolution of the reverb and what pixel density do you set on the reverb in DCs and find works best?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Ok I get what your saying about the higher pd settings. But I gather your pixel density settings in DCs options override the native ideal setting. So what is the native resolution of the reverb and what pixel density do you set on the reverb in DCs and find works best?

I set DCS PD to 1.0, along with the Steam VR SS being set to 100%. Anything higher on either one has no benefit that I can detect, and the drawback is that you start to get the same ghosting and jittering that you probably were experiencing with your CV1.

Native resolution on the Reverb is 2160 X 2160 per eye. Not sure DCS is capable of hitting that level in VR though, which would explain why higher PD and/or SS make no difference in how things look. Wish there was something that could be run as part of a heads up display in the Reverb that showed what the actual, per eye, rendered resolution is.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I set DCS PD to 1.0, along with the Steam VR SS being set to 100%. Anything higher on either one has no benefit that I can detect, and the drawback is that you start to get the same ghosting and jittering that you probably were experiencing with your CV1.

Native resolution on the Reverb is 2160 X 2160 per eye. Not sure DCS is capable of hitting that level in VR though, which would explain why higher PD and/or SS make no difference in how things look. Wish there was something that could be run as part of a heads up display in the Reverb that showed what the actual, per eye, rendered resolution is.

You can't see a difference with a higher PD? That simply cannot be true, with 1.0 set the aliasing is awful.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

You can't see a difference with a higher PD? That simply cannot be true, with 1.0 set the aliasing is awful.

Its absolutely true. Having PD set to 1.0 also frees up the resources for me to run 4X MSAA, so there are no jaggies. :D I have found neither PD or SS to be all that effective at antialiasing functions.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

He means with the Reverb. It’s different with a CV1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Thanks. You’ve sold me with the Reverb.

Edited by westr

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Thanks. You’ve sold me with the Reverb.

Welcome to the dark side. :devil_2: