Frame Throttle Every Second

John B England

I'm getting what appears to be frame throttling once every second. This happens only in DCS and causes gameplay to be unsuitable. All other VR games/sims run smoothly. Even with my specs it happens when all game settings/options are off and/or on low. It even happens in the start menu. I tried both SteamVR release and beta and it still occurs. All resolutions and pixel density settings are on default. All drivers are up to date. I would greatly appreciate some assistance in determining and resolving this issue. Also, I accidently discovered when using VR and the mouse is unplugged DCS crashes. Don't know if this is related but hopefully is a clue.

Edit: Running Open Beta 2.5.5.35461. Also ran the repair but no effect.

attachment.php?attachmentid=217802&stc=1&d=1569483836

attachment.php?attachmentid=217803&stc=1&d=1569483835

1452032825_FrameTiming.thumb.jpg.1b67f9c64063a1f3525bdcc685a8b8e4.jpg

1269157983_VRDCSMenuScreen.thumb.jpg.76e96b4a4f139f1f001093a1afa4f2c6.jpg

Edited by John B England

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi | Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5GHz | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WATERFORCE @ 2055MHz | G-SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB @ 3200MHz | EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Fractal Design R5 | HTC Vive Pro | MFG Crosswind | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/ 10mm Extention by Sahaj | Playseat Revolution | Logitech X-540 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Try to give DCS high priority. Task manager/Details, right click on DCS.exe and set priority to high.

You can also do the same for vrcompositor.exe and vrserver.exe.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• ED Team

check your antivirus and real time scan,

add your whole dcs folder to the exclusion and test.

Many have been seeing this with the antivirus.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Funny my mcafee anti-virus would not allow exclusion of the whole dcs folder but only dcs.exe file.

The open post experience has been what I going through too. Something is seriously broken. Never experienced so many steamVR failed /crash before. Dcs just keep crashing few minutes into 3d environments.

It has been a hairy pulling experience trying to get this working again.

DCS.exe is set to use the 4cores on my system. Got to try setting the VR services mentioned in the second post.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Try to give DCS high priority. Task manager/Details, right click on DCS.exe and set priority to high.

You can also do the same for vrcompositor.exe and vrserver.exe.

I've already been running DCS on high through Process Lasso. Tried turning vrcompositor.exe and vrserver.exe on high, no change.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi | Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5GHz | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WATERFORCE @ 2055MHz | G-SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB @ 3200MHz | EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2 | Fractal Design R5 | HTC Vive Pro | MFG Crosswind | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w/ 10mm Extention by Sahaj | Playseat Revolution | Logitech X-540 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Added DCS folders from both main installation locations and saved games, no change.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same experience. It has been stirling until some weeks ago. Now even with 70-90fps it stutters and I and the sound goes on and off. Sometimes Steam gives up. This might be a Steam VR issue. I also tried to set priority through project lasso, no effect. I don’t have a antivirus installed. I don’t have the issues in non VR.

I have the same experience. It has been stirling until some weeks ago. Now even with 70-90fps it stutters and I and the sound goes on and off. Sometimes Steam gives up. This might be a Steam VR issue. I also tried to set priority through project lasso, no effect. I don’t have a antivirus installed. I don’t have the issues in non VR.

I'm thinking it's something to do with the last update in DCS not SteamVR. Up until a few weeks ago, VR in DCS has been a satisfying experience with zero issues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something broke for sure. I turned off my real-time anti-virus scan, did all affinity stuff and the steamVR fail/crash is still occurring.

Like someone pointed out, dcs in SteamVR has been rock solid before now. I would go hours of playtime without issues before this recent abnormalities.

Setting my graphic settings to the lowest does not prevent this recent glitches and crashes.

It is sad I have to revert to normal monitor play hoping some update from wherever (steamVR, dcs, or wmr) get this issue resolved.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Something broke for sure. I turned off my real-time anti-virus scan, did all affinity stuff and the steamVR fail/crash is still occurring.

Like someone pointed out, dcs in SteamVR has been rock solid before now. I would go hours of playtime without issues before this recent abnormalities.

Setting my graphic settings to the lowest does not prevent this recent glitches and crashes.

It is sad I have to revert to normal monitor play hoping some update from wherever (steamVR, dcs, or wmr) get this issue resolved.

Yes, it's extremely frustrating.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Update: RESOLVED! Still not sure exactly what caused this issue but reverting to the default VR presets stopped the frame throttling.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Got the same issue, with my Ryzen 5 2600 + 16GB 3000MHz (CAS 16) and a RTX 2060 Super Oculus Rift CV1

Deleted fxo and metashader2, I reinstalled Windows, Nvidia Driver, Oculus Software and got only on Caucasus Stuttering every 2 sec

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !