Want to payback community- will create custom dash photos

baylor703

I've been in flight sims off and on for years, and aside from the occasional youtube tutorial, haven't paid back the community for as much as it has helped me. So let's change that a bit. If you have a custom photo you want in your cockpit but can't make dds files or aren't sure how to do it, send me a pic in 4:3 scale and I'll do it for you.

Put the file in DCSworld\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\P-51-CPT-TEXTURES and voila. You should be able to just drag and drop.

example.jpg.b4d3b617921e42ce5120bc5fc040847a.jpg

I actually made mine a chart of different wingspans for different aircraft

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been in flight sims off and on for years, and aside from the occasional youtube tutorial, haven't paid back the community for as much as it has helped me. So let's change that a bit. If you have a custom photo you want in your cockpit but can't make dds files or aren't sure how to do it, send me a pic in 4:3 scale and I'll do it for you.

Put the file in DCSworld\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\P-51-CPT-TEXTURES and voila. You should be able to just drag and drop.

[ATTACH]214955[/ATTACH]

I already have a handful of pics setup in OVGME, but I stopped using them, bc they get flagged in MP :mad:

If you really want to do the community a favor, get ED to stop flagging the dashboard pics.

---

Yes, baby, Daddy still loves you... :wub:

picture.php?albumid=1454&pictureid=10965

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I already have a handful of pics setup in OVGME, but I stopped using them, bc they get flagged in MP :mad:

If you really want to do the community a favor, get ED to stop flagging the dashboard pics.

---

Yes, baby, Daddy still loves you... :wub:

picture.php?albumid=1454&pictureid=10965

That would be nice, huh? tbh, personally, I play mp only on the other sim, and DCS is for my sp kicks. Love the detailed startup and interactive pits in VR that DCS offers, but the spotting and environment for mp is more suited to the other one imo.

Nice pic, btw. Looks like she'll have no problem spilling over from the factory to the front

I am in MP in the Mustang far too seldom these days, but it's sooo different than flying SP.

The biggest issue is ED itself. They have never invested enough in ME possibilities so basically the easiest mission possible is Airquake ... :puke:

In my early days, that was okay, but it gets boring, and gives a totally incorrect impression of the aircraft.

---

Yup, Baby-Doll gives you a couple of good reasons to RTB at sundown :smilewink:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1