F/A-18c PERSISTENT scenario campaing for Caucasus region

I have been requested by some of you to make a version for the F/A18 hornet of the campaing "The Abkhazian war".

Find the F/A-18 version for the campaing here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309204/

The original campaing for the AV-8 here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=268703

UPDATE 25/05/2020: New version of the campaign for the Super Carrier module here.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309910/

The vanilla version of the campaign is not supported anymore (from FIX_20200607). From now on, only the F-18 with the Supercarried is supported.

TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT, FOR THE F18 VERSION, THE CAMPAING MUST BE ALOCATED IN "...\users\#YOURUSER#\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en\The Abkazian War F18"

Due to the fact that some of you are having problems when following the steps to install the campaign in the "secure" mode, now there are two options to install it.

1 - Install de campaign main zip (just above) and unzip the fixes in the campaing folder, and overwrite.

2a - follow the campaign installation guide video.

OR

2b - If you don't want to follow the steps in the installation guide video and/or you don't mind to sanitize the 'io' and 'lfs' Modules, just:

open the DCS MAIN installation folder and find this file "..\DCSWorld\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua"

change sanitizeModule('io') to --sanitizeModule('io')

change sanitizeModule('lfs') to --sanitizeModule('lfs')

Find the fixes here:

FIX_20200607: This fix replaces all the old fixes. Also allows a "quick" installation.

zip Part 1: https://app.box.com/s/tmr0iaeyp96zrnnqv0jd880ei6jydmh5

zip Part 2: https://app.box.com/s/6rybr2dcqjvvnmbi1nmcaulr7syx2wzz

Have fun!

Edited by daemon1808

Please take into account that, from the second mission, everytime you end your flight you must click on "end mission" button. No matter what happens, if you have been killed or not. Otherwise the weather and the daytime for the next mission will not be randomized.

Sorry, I don't know. I tried the open beta on steam, but I returned to the stable version because it has many problems of performance.

As fas as I know the OP has broken many campaings and user missions, but maybe this campaing works anyway.

[EDIT]: Problem solved, typing error in the modification of .lua files

Thank you very much for this campaign and the Harrier campaign. It's really great.

I have this error message at the beginning of the mission with the F/A-18 campaign only.

Do you have any idea what caused it?

76yg.png

Edited by Tripack

[EDIT]: Problem solved, typing error in the modification of .lua files

Thank you very much for this campaign and the Harrier campaign. It's really great.

I have this error message at the beginning of the mission with the F/A-18 campaign only.

Do you have any idea what caused it?

76yg.png

Glad you have made it! Yes, usually this error happens when the IO and/or LFS functions are not able to read the lua files in the campaing/scripts folder.

Thank you for your opinion! hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

good atmosphere and very interesting to be able to plan the different phases.:thumbup:

Small detail.

Is the radio frequency of Dodge 1 (M2000) correct?

Because 179.67Mhz AM, is not a frequency that can be set.

Thanks

good atmosphere and very interesting to be able to plan the different phases.:thumbup:

Small detail.

Is the radio frequency of Dodge 1 (M2000) correct?

Because 179.67Mhz AM, is not a frequency that can be set.

Thanks

Weird, at least in the harrier I can set it . Anyway, to use the radio F10 option menu it is not necesary setting any particular frequency.

I have found an error in the triggers for the rescue of the prisoners held in the concentration camps. I have fixed it, but I have to try the fix before upload the fix.

Be advice, if you try a rescue mission, the rescue will not be saved until I upload the fix.

• 4 weeks later...

I have created a version of this campaign for the SuperCarrier module. You can find it here:

FOR THOSE THAT ARE PLAYING THE ORIGINAL F/A-18C CAMPAIGN AND WANT TO UPGRADE TO SUPERCARRIER WITHOUT LOSING THE CURRENT PROGRESS (PROVIDE YOU HAVE PURCHASE THE MODULE, OF COURSE), FOLLOW THIS STEPS:

1. Backup your .../The Abkazian War F18/status/status.lua in other folder

2. delete the original campaign folder

3. reinstall again the new campaign

4. Play the 1st and 2nd mission to advance to the main scenario

5. copy again the backup of status.lua in its correspondent folder. (IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KEEP THE CURRENT PROGRESS, SKIP THIS STEP)

enjoy!

I have created a version of this campaign for the SuperCarrier module. You can find it here:

FOR THOSE THAT ARE PLAYING THE ORIGINAL F/A-18C CAMPAIGN AND WANT TO UPGRADE TO SUPERCARRIER WITHOUT LOSING THE CURRENT PROGRESS (PROVIDE YOU HAVE PURCHASE THE MODULE, OF COURSE), FOLLOW THIS STEPS:

1. Backup your .../The Abkazian War F18/status/status.lua in other folder

2. delete the original campaign folder

3. reinstall again the new campaign

4. Play the 1st and 2nd mission to advance to the main scenario

5. copy again the backup of status.lua in its correspondent folder. (IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KEEP THE CURRENT PROGRESS, SKIP THIS STEP)

enjoy!

Thank you!

I'm a bit confused on how I am supposed to play this.

So, I passed the first mission, then next mission I'm on the carrier. I fly north to scout out the frontline, engage some migs and get shot down. I didn't send in any of my assets as I read I should do initial scouting with just me and my wingman.

I ended the mission and ran the campaign again, now I'm on the deck of the carrier with a default loadout of MK82s and Mavericks, and all the ground forces north of the front line I saw are no longer there in the F10 map. Did I lose intelligence on them?

Am I supposed to just keep ending the mission then re-opening the campaign every time I die?

Are there default missions being assigned to me, thus getting an ATA loadout on my first mission and a A2G loadout on my second?

Edited by flyinj23

I'm a bit confused on how I am supposed to play this.

So, I passed the first mission, then next mission I'm on the carrier. I fly north to scout out the frontline, engage some migs and get shot down. I didn't send in any of my assets as I read I should do initial scouting with just me and my wingman.

I ended the mission and ran the campaign again, now I'm on the deck of the carrier with a default loadout of MK82s and Mavericks, and all the ground forces north of the front line I saw are no longer there in the F10 map. Did I lose intelligence on them?

Am I supposed to just keep ending the mission then re-opening the campaign every time I die?

Are there default missions being assigned to me, thus getting an ATA loadout on my first mission and a A2G loadout on my second?

You cand find more detailed explanations in the comment section of the AV-8 campaign

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308858/

Anyway:

"Did I lose intelligence on them?".

Nope, the enemy units are in the same place everytime time you play (but this is cheeting ^_^). If you remember where they where, you can go to the same area and atack them.

For more realism or to get more precision in the location of enemies (i.e in order to use GPS guided bombs), you should send a recon mission through radio F10 option. Once the recon fligh discover the enemy in the F10 map, you can get the exact coordinates and planify your attack.

"Am I supposed to just keep ending the mission then re-opening the campaign every time I die"

The scenario is always the same. Your goal is to kill some enemy units each sortie until you clear a path for the concentration camps and send a helicopter to rescue the prisoners.

All destroyed units will remain destroyed.

If in this sortie you destroy 3 tanks, good. If you destroy 10 tanks, better. If you are taken down, just end the mission and play again. You'll never die or loose campaign.

"Are there default missions being assigned to me, thus getting an ATA loadout on my first mission and a A2G loadout on my second?"

There are no mission asigned (sometimes random events happens, just react to them). If there are not random event this time, choose a POI, send recond fligh and choose what to destroy and how. You can change your payload in the carrier to adapt your strategy.

Hope this helps

You cand find more detailed explanations in the comment section of the AV-8 campaign

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308858/

Anyway:

"Did I lose intelligence on them?".

Nope, the enemy units are in the same place everytime time you play (but this is cheeting ^_^). If you remember where they where, you can go to the same area and atack them.

For more realism or to get more precision in the location of enemies (i.e in order to use GPS guided bombs), you should send a recon mission through radio F10 option. Once the recon fligh discover the enemy in the F10 map, you can get the exact coordinates and planify your attack.

"Am I supposed to just keep ending the mission then re-opening the campaign every time I die"

The scenario is always the same. Your goal is to kill some enemy units each sortie until you clear a path for the concentration camps and send a helicopter to rescue the prisoners.

All destroyed units will remain destroyed.

If in this sortie you destroy 3 tanks, good. If you destroy 10 tanks, better. If you are taken down, just end the mission and play again. You'll never die or loose campaign.

"Are there default missions being assigned to me, thus getting an ATA loadout on my first mission and a A2G loadout on my second?"

There are no mission asigned (sometimes random events happens, just react to them). If there are not random event this time, choose a POI, send recond fligh and choose what to destroy and how. You can change your payload in the carrier to adapt your strategy.

Hope this helps

That comment section was very helpful, I have a decent understanding of what to do now, thanks!

This campaign looks amazing by the way, great job

Another question-

If I want to change my wingman's loadout (they are currently for some reason defaulting to CAS with no air to air missiles), which mission file do I edit? Is there some other way to change the loadout of my wingman or what task it defaults my flight to?

I believe you can't change wingman payload in-mission. I have tried to do it in the harrier campaign just "jumping" into wingman aircraft and requesting ground crew to change payload, and then returning to my aircraft. But as soon as I leave wingman aircraft, the harrier explodes. I don't know if this happens to the F-18 too, but you can try it.

Anyway, you can change it in the mission editor. Just open all the mission files, that start with "st1" and "st0", and change wingman payload as desired

I believe you can't change wingman payload in-mission. I have tried to do it in the harrier campaign just "jumping" into wingman aircraft and requesting ground crew to change payload, and then returning to my aircraft. But as soon as I leave wingman aircraft, the harrier explodes. I don't know if this happens to the F-18 too, but you can try it.

Anyway, you can change it in the mission editor. Just open all the mission files, that start with "st1" and "st0", and change wingman payload as desired

Does it randomly pick from the 13 missions every time you start? So I would need to change every mission's loadout every time I want to change what I want to do?

Yes, that's it. All the missions are just the same, but with different weather. Everytime a mission is ended, the next mission is randomized (this way you play in random weather each time).

If you want to change something, like the wingman payload, you must do the change in all st1-xxx and st2-xxx missions

Yes, that's it. All the missions are just the same, but with different weather. Everytime a mission is ended, the next mission is randomized (this way you play in random weather each time).

If you want to change something, like the wingman payload, you must do the change in all st1-xxx and st2-xxx missions

Am I supposed to be seeing multiple slots for the F18 when starting a mission? Right now I only see a single CAS slot.

In the comments sections for the harrier mission it mentioned 3 different slots were available. Were those 3 slots different loadouts?

No, the F-18 version of the campaing has only 1 slot.

In the harrier version exists 3 because the player must choose between:

1. Take off vertically from a FARP with limited weight, but with a configurable payload

2. Take from the Amelia Earhart base runway with heavier payloads, but not configurable (the harrier is able to take off and land in the "X" abandoned runway in the caucasus, because is a VSTOL aircraft)

As the F-18 is not able to take off from the ground or from a FARP, the only way to adapt the campaing to the F-18 is to not restrict the payload (you can change it in the carrier) and use only one slot.

• 2 weeks later...