[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

7 hours ago, Aries144 said:

Is there a way to add modded aircraft to Liberation campaigns, or is that something that has to be coded into Liberation by the developers? I'm looking to try it out with the F-104G mod.

Here --> https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Modded-Aircraft-Support

you can find all the answer you want; it's possible to do it yourself, but, from what I see, not that easy!

• Like 1

Need some help here....Not sure what happened, but looks like some of my existing saved campaigns got corrupted.  Now have a bigger issue that the mission scripts keep failing.  Point to the correct directories for saved games and the DCS beta and have even replaced the mission script files with the one in the liberation folder.  No matter what, still get the message when I start a sortie that the mission script cant be updated and should not proceed.  It was working fine a week ago.  Wondering if this is a Windows 11 issue.  

Running Win11, Ryzen 9 5900x, rx6900xt.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  

Edited by shastasm

2020 Rig

Chasse: bequiet! Darkbase 700

MBoard: Asus b550-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

DIMM: HyperZ 3200 64 GB (16x4)

GPU: Asus Strix 2070 - 8GB

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 (1 dedicated for DCS)

On 10/12/2021 at 12:39 AM, Mr_Blastman said:

This isn't a BMS level campaign system... yet.  I have found that if I fragged a AWACS flight to take off prior to my own package on a carrier none of the flights may ever take off, so the solution is to have the annoying offenders start airborne--which makes them non-targetable but at least planes leave the deck or runway.

My biggest issue with Liberation is that unlike BMS where we have the background sim running constantly and when we enter the pit there will be plenty of planes mid-flight at various stages of their missions, in Liberation everything starts once you hit start in order that they're fragged to take off, and there is no way to instantly skip ahead to your own take off time.  In order to get that full "BMS live environment" feeling, one has to sit around with time acceleration on for a spell and frag their flight to occur minutes or an hour into the future.

Still, regardless of this, the Liberation missions I have run have been among the closest to BMS/Falcon even when starting at 0:00:00 of anything I've ever experienced with DCS.  The canned missions don't give me heebie jeebies and sweat like these can.

I think the issue is Liberation isn't built into DCS, nor is there a true background sim.  ED says they're working on something, let's hope this is so...  I long for that real time dynamic environment we've had for decades.  Closest alternative is some of the online dynamic environment PvP servers with ground objectives.

Thanks. I just got into Liberation and this is the one thing newcomers need to understand about Lib esp if they were expecting a dynamic campaign similar to BMS. Other thing is that the generated missions you get to pick in Lib comprise a mix of different aircraft, unlike in BMS where you belong to say an F16 squadron and fly F16 missions. So if you are focused on flying say the F18, you'll have to filter through the list to find an F18 mission to fly.   

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

On 11/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, MrReynolds said:

I personally TOTALLY adapt each mission - so yes - if you can do it in the mission editor you can tweak to your heart's content.

Within the app - I don't think so.

Am I to assume you can add planes or assets using the mission editor in addition to what you've purchased in the Liberation GUI without breaking it?

16 minutes ago, boo_n_817 said:

Are the waypoints generated in a Strike mission precise enough for Waypoint Designate to work in a Hornet?

I think they probably should be. After all, the AI flights use those waypoints to spam their JSOWs and whatevers (and in my case, all fire at the same single target out of a collection of multiple....) But yeah, they should be.

Quick question... has the number of included campaigns been drastically cut? There used to be one on the Syria map, Russia vs Insurgents, which I used for a Hind-based campaign. But it's gone... in fact, the list of pre-made campaigns seems really small compared to what it was at one point.

• Thanks 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

13 hours ago, boo_n_817 said:

Am I to assume you can add planes or assets using the mission editor in addition to what you've purchased in the Liberation GUI without breaking it?

I always have.  But remember (as far as I'm aware) it only tallies up the campaign stuff that it has in it's save.  If you delete a load of enemy flights that aren't going near you (to save fps for example) that number isn't deleted from the saved campaign.

Just now actually I added a FARP and gazelle to the campaign to observe and mop up a base strike.  Everything saves fine - excepet the farp and my gazelle.

Edited by MrReynolds
  • Thanks 1

I can’t get 5.0.0 to work. When loading the mission in the editor, DCS always locks up when loading the (theater).ng5 file. 

Anyone else have this issue?

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Are the waypoints generated in a Strike mission precise enough for Waypoint Designate to work in a Hornet?

If I recall right, I did a mission to strike 4 offshore oil rigs placed adjacent to each other. The 4 waypoints were acccurate.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

On 11/15/2021 at 9:59 PM, boo_n_817 said:

Yes they are (i would actually like an option giving one waypoint only, in the area where the targets are, so that you have at least to make the effort to find and designate the targets with your ATFLIR, but as it is now, you have precise waypoints on each and every target of your strike).

On 11/16/2021 at 5:37 AM, RogueSqdn said:

I can’t get 5.0.0 to work. When loading the mission in the editor, DCS always locks up when loading the (theater).ng5 file. 

Anyone else have this issue?

I figured out the problem last night.  I was using an older version of HomeFries' Logbook improvements mod (to add USN ranks and make US Navy an available faction).  Updating to the newest version of the mod fixed the problem.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

On 11/18/2021 at 7:29 AM, pcoud said:

Yes they are (i would actually like an option giving one waypoint only, in the area where the targets are, so that you have at least to make the effort to find and designate the targets with your ATFLIR, but as it is now, you have precise waypoints on each and every target of your strike).

Sorry to report that no, they are not accurate enough... at least for smaller targets like tanks, trucks, etc.  I attacked a group of 4 BTR-80's and then later 4 T-72's with JSOW's and I got 1 kill out of the 8 missiles. I'm sure it works with larger targets.

Hi, when I open liberation_nextturn in the ME, I see dozens of blue plane icons and flight lines all over the place. Is there a button or command I can use in ME to get the player mission/plane that I have selected from Liberation to automatically show up (in white) so I can do my edits to my flight like change the loadout, skin, etc? Otherwise, I have to click on many of those blue lines and plane icons to figure out which one is my mission/plane.    

UPDATE: 'C' key in ME centers player's plane icon in screen and highlights it in white.

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is culling broken, or am I not understanding it correctly?  I have the checkbox enabled in the settings and have tried various distances up to 150km, currently set to 100km (which is the default I believe.  I start up my mission from Ramat David and have every single unit on the map show up, some up to 245nm away (close to 400km).  Is there something I'm not understanding about unit culling?  Is there another option it's dependent on or overriding it?

Edit:  So I found the map filter to culling exclusion zones.  I double checked and there are definitely some units outside of those zones, but it does seem to be removing some of them.  So 2 questions:

1) is there a way to force all units outside of the exclusion zones to cull?

2) Is there a way to edit the exclusion zones?  If I'm working on the forces in southwestern Syria, why do I need a culling exclusion zone in northeast Syria approximately 250 miles away?

Thx.

Edited by Reaper51368

Can anyone help me to add the P51d to this? I just downloaded the campaign and hit "New". In the assistant I went for the "The Channel - Operation Dynamo" and went for Allies 1944. In the list of the available aircrafts are the following two:

P-51D-30-NA Mustang
P-51D-25-NA Mustang

However I cannot select a P51 in the Air Wing Configuration. In the folder dcs_liberation\resources\squadrons there is also no subfolder for a P51 squadron. As the P51 is the only Warbird module.

Has anyone tried to make there own campaign? Or edit one of the existing ones? Ie add/remove bases/units or add new targets. 
I’ve read the stuff on GitHub, I understand some of it but not all and I can’t find any tutorials. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

On 12/10/2021 at 7:36 AM, Digitalvole said:

Has anyone tried to make there own campaign? Or edit one of the existing ones? Ie add/remove bases/units or add new targets. 
I’ve read the stuff on GitHub, I understand some of it but not all and I can’t find any tutorials. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

I've only added my own flight mission to avoid "your plane is delayed". Have you tried GitHub forums?

On 12/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, jack333 said:

Dear partners. I find a problem and it is that I cannot choose the skins that I want for my squads. In version 4.0 if I could but in version 5.0 I can't do it. Could someone describe the process to do it. Thank you

I think it can only be done in mission editor/planner.

Hi all,

I dont know if it is the same for all of you but since DCS-Liberation 5.0, we have a couple of very nice Mariana's scenarios to play with.. there is one I found particularly promising: PACIFIC REPARTEE

It is a naval only battle (no real ground forces) and a lot! of naval forces.  The ideal (perhaps) situation for a great FA-18-Supercarrier campaign..

But...

It is unplayable (for me at least)...  At a certain point in the mission (around 00:45'') the enemy carriers (there are many) and main destroyers start shooting swarms of anti-ship missiles (P-700 Granit , etc.) that are MUCH more effective than our Harpoons... they manage to severely damage or destroy our ONLY carrier (which is our only base of operation here!)... I even tried launching at the start of mission 1 a very strong 30+ F-18 offensive against the closest 2 aircraft carriers (Liaoning-Kuznetzov...) but our Harpoons get exterminated as well...  I tried many strategies, even tried to give the enemy half of our initial budget... but to no avail, it seems unplayable...

Anybody succeeded in playing it with pleasure?  any hints?

Edited by JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

OK, just a bit more info.  I have been doing some experiments (watching the F10 MAP at Time X 10 just to check...).

I tried the same thing with the other naval campaign around Cyprus, Operation Blackball.

The same thing happens at around T + 35 minutes, the Kuznetzov and the Moscow start sending volleys of anti-ship missiles towards our carrier and fleet, but now the balance of forces is much better and we (AI ships) manage to kill all the incoming missiles with ship defense (SM-2s)! Strangely, I let the mission run for 2 hours (accelerated) and the enemy does'nt send any more volley?  This campaign is much more playable because of that...  But I still feel that the other one (Pacific Repartee) would have the potential to be a REAL naval campaign, which would be great with our Hornet and Supercarrier (please, whoever made it, could you balance the red naval forces better please?)

Edited by JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Hi

I think Liberation is incredible.  But I was wondering if someone can help with a timing issue I'm really struggling with.  I have all flights starting COLD, which seems to include enemy flights.  Which means, I could launch off my carrier, afterburn low level to an enemy airfield, flatten said airfield, take out the first couple of enemy aircraft who are only just taking off, and be back at my carrier for a smoked kipper breakfast, and medals.  I'm finding that the enemy CAP which should have been over my target to stop me bombing it are usually just getting airborne after I've unloaded my bombs.

I presume I could set all flights to start in the Air, but then I'm just racing an enemy to the target.  I could sit on the carrier for 30 mins, to give the bad guys a chance to finish their morning coffee/vodka, and get their sh1t together.  Or another solution to this might be to have random flights start in the air but not necessarily at a base, e.g. CAP starts over/near targets (ground units spawn randomly so why not air units?) which I could do through mission designer (but then I know what's happening and that defeats the purpose).

Is there a setting/trick which I'm missing which doesn't involve me waiting 30 mins to start flying?  Should I set everything to start in the air except my flight?

Thanks