Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Server News:

* Operation Ossetia:
- Blue has more slots than Red (Blue attacks. Red defends)
- Added BK90's for the Viggens to help complete the objectives.
- Hope this makes it easier for Blue. Blue still needs to win this missions. Never been able to so far, and the mission is ca. 3 years old.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I am very new to multiplayer. At DCS Multiplayer menu, found the cold war server and I found me on Kutaisi airbase after selected Mig-21...

So. I have questions:

1.What can I use for in-game communication? How?

2.How can I select these missions, different maps?

3.How can I see in game war map? Where is enemy bases? Where is the war is going on?

So many questions but I would love to see some links or references here.

Best Regards.

22 minutes ago, cronustr75 said:

I am very new to multiplayer. At DCS Multiplayer menu, found the cold war server and I found me on Kutaisi airbase after selected Mig-21...

So. I have questions:

3.How can I see in game war map? Where is enemy bases? Where is the war is going on?

Best Regards.

Welcome, mate.

I always recommend reading the manuals, doing the training missions, and flying singleplayer before hitting the server. Obviously, that's up to each and every player.

1- The most important tool for communication is SRS, Simple Radio Standalone. There's also a Discord channel for that posted on the SRS main page.
2- You don't select missions or maps. You play whatever is currently online.
3- Again, communication is the key and talking to players helps often enough. Most importantly in that regard though, is reading the briefing, checking out the briefing images, or at least read the objectives' part for the type of aircraft you want to fly.

You are welcome to fly here, however, and because you're new, you might want to check out training-servers. Just type "training" in the search bar in multiplayer and you'll have a load of servers for that purpose.

Godspeed, mate! Have FUN!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

14 hours ago, cronustr75 said:

So. I have questions:

Best Regards.

1. SRS (Simple Radio Standalone). It will launch on the right channel when the mission launches. You then need to tune the aircraft frequency to 124 (Red Side) or 251 (Blue Side). In aircraft with presets just ask in chat (eg Channel 0 in Mig-21, Channel 2 in Mig-19, Channel 1 in Viggen). It seems complicated the first time but soon becomes second nature.

2. The server runs one mission at a time. When one side wins or the timer runs out (typically 5 hours) then next mission loads automatically in a pre-defined rota. You just join whatever is running.

3. Read the brief (esp. look at the briefing images). You can also access these in flight using ALT B. Also use the F10 map and look for markers (orange circles).

We are here to help and welcome you. Any questions, please ask.

(Sorry Alpen ... didn't see you'd already answered!)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ian Boys UK said:

1. SRS (Simple Radio Standalone). It will launch on the right channel when the mission launches. You then need to tune the aircraft frequency to 124 (Red Side) or 251 (Blue Side). In aircraft with presets just ask in chat (eg Channel 0 in Mig-21, Channel 2 in Mig-19, Channel 1 in Viggen). It seems complicated the first time but soon becomes second nature.

2. The server runs one mission at a time. When one side wins or the timer runs out (typically 5 hours) then next mission loads automatically in a pre-defined rota. You just join whatever is running.

3. Read the brief (esp. look at the briefing images). You can also access these in flight using ALT B. Also use the F10 map and look for markers (orange circles).

We are here to help and welcome you. Any questions, please ask.

(Sorry Alpen ... didn't see you'd already answered!)

All good, mate. It doesn't matter who answers, we're all part of the Cold War family 😉

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Operation Fishbed vs Tiger:

Red won!

Red killed 125 x F-5's and lost 104 x MiG-21's.
Mike-Delta and I agreed on a limit of 125 instead of 200. The mission ran for 3 hours and 25 minutes. 200 would've had lasted even longer and literally killed our voices! Great fights!

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

10 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Operation Fishbed vs Tiger:

Red won!

Red killed 125 x F-5's and lost 104 x MiG-21's.
Mike-Delta and I agreed on a limit of 125 instead of 200. The mission ran for 3 hours and 25 minutes. 200 would've had lasted even longer and literally killed our voices! Great fights!

This will seem like sour grapes I suppose but we really need to push ED to rollback the change to the F-5 G limit. Well over 50% of the losses yesterday in my group were to wings breaking off. During the big furballs we would see two or three F-5’s snap wings off so it wasn’t limited to us. Its pretty frustrating and quite likely to cause a mass exodus from the F-5 if it remains this way.

I know some will argue that it is an accurate implementation but if it were, all F-5’s would have been retired from service as metal fatigue is cumulative. 

• Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

1 hour ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

This will seem like sour grapes I suppose but we really need to push ED to rollback the change to the F-5 G limit. Well over 50% of the losses yesterday in my group were to wings breaking off. During the big furballs we would see two or three F-5’s snap wings off so it wasn’t limited to us. Its pretty frustrating and quite likely to cause a mass exodus from the F-5 if it remains this way.

I know some will argue that it is an accurate implementation but if it were, all F-5’s would have been retired from service as metal fatigue is cumulative. 

Watch your speed, if you're over 500 knots trying to turn tight with a centerline tank you're in for a nasty day.  It's happened to me twice now (without the tank), I've had to adjust how I enter the merge thinking about the wings snapping off.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brown Floyd said:

Doing Behind Enemy Lines right now, and seems like the Blue ground units didn't spawn in. Only Red.

Check out FAQ number 8 on the main post of this thread.

2 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

You think we don't have to deal with that in the MiG-21? Why do you think you F-5's would very often get on a MiG's six when merging head on? Because we have to be careful not to pull too much in certain situations.

Back in the day when I used to fly the Su-27 on a daily basis, at some point ED added some G limiting to the Su-27's wings. The result was, Su-27 players broke their wings in almost every merge, especially, in the first days and weeks until players got used to it. And that's just an FC3 module.

You can't expect your wings to never break, mate. It is more realistic that way.

You'll get used to it, don't worry.

• Like 4

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Microphone Stopped Working Properly - Windows 10 Known Issue:

I've been having this problem for about a week and even bought 2 new headsets. It turns out, and according to some forums on google, Windows 10 released an update months ago which causes this problem.

I've tried all the suggested solutions on different forums. Basically, it's 5-7 common suggestions on how to fix the issue, but still no luck on my side. Besides, sometimes a solution suggests something that is not even an option for me in the first place, as in saying "disable this" or "enable that", when "this" and "that" are not even on the list to dis- or enable. For instance, one of the solutions suggests making my microphone as the default device. However, the option is not available! I mean, it is there, but not clickable.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 hours ago, F16wannabe said:

Watch your speed, if you're over 500 knots trying to turn tight with a centerline tank you're in for a nasty day.  It's happened to me twice now (without the tank), I've had to adjust how I enter the merge thinking about the wings snapping off.  

Yea, we are well aware.

The airplane is snapping wings at 8.5 G symmetrical, which puts the operational G limit at 5.6 G in clean configuration.

Not much of a fighter.

Someone at ED doesn't know how to read the limitations charts.

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Just now, =475FG= Dawger said:

Yea, we are well aware.

The airplane is snapping wings at 8.5 G symmetrical, which puts the operational G limit at 5.6 G in clean configuration.

Not much of a fighter.

Someone at ED doesn't know how to read the limitations charts.

Maybe they should fine tune it, but it's basically not unrealistic. That was my point.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

34 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

@alpenwolf

Server needs a good kick. Blue cannot spawn in present mission (Two Towns) Previous mission was the Hold the Line and blue could not spawn in there either except for the occasional helo. Odd behavior.

Thanks in advance.

As as said earlier to Brown Floyd: Check out FAQ number 8 on the main post of this thread.

I'm currently at work (had to jump in) and have no access to the server. Sorry, folks. I know this sucks.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Roger. 👌

I'm trying to get hold of NaCH, but he's not answering his phone. He might be hanging around on TS and not paying attention to it. I could "activate" him to rotate the server. He'd know what I mean by that.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

I just called my wife and had her rotate the server to Prince of Persia. Let me know if all worked out well, please.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

3 hours ago, TeufelHunden said:

I missed the Fishbed vs Tiger special event any chance you will be running that on another day?

Sure, don't worry. I'll announce it here and the guys seem to do a good job at announcing the events on the Discord channel. Keep an eye on both.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments