Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

15 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Exactly! And I know what you're talking about. I was trying to get Ciribob to implement quite a couple of things (in CTLD as well), but he always preferred to have users do with it whatever they want to rather than forcing things. I understand that.

Have you looked into the Moose CTLD ? Seems to be more developed and supported than Ciribob's one (it was basically based on it, but put on moose and with more options/examples).

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Just now, Shadow KT said:

Have you looked into the Moose CTLD ? Seems to be more developed and supported than Ciribob's one (it was basically based on it, but put on moose and with more options/examples).

I only looked it up quickly. Would need to have the time and quite for it. Good you just reminded me of it 😉

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

That Mirage F1 CE is going to fit right in with the current plane set. That mini electrical/analong hud will be nice, with being able to see heading eyes up when doing intercepts, and then having range information when dogfighting in close.

Edited by CrazyGman

I'm wondering if we can have a mission where the F-14As get some AIM-54A's in limited numbers? Mostly I think it would be interesting to fight against, but without AWACs I don't think it would be that powerful. Even now Tomcats are IMO not to hard to defeat with good tactics and MiG-21 and MiG 19 pilots. Yes you will have to make sure your not heading straight up at the Tomcat, but that is already the case.

54 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

That Mirage F1 CE is going to fit right in with the current plane set. That mini electrical/analong hud will be nice, with being able to see heading eyes up when doing intercepts, and then having range information when dogfighting in close.

I'm curious, what air-to-air weapons does it carry? It says AIM-9 in the Wikipedia article, but not what variant of it. I hope it carries some rear-aspect as well (except for the radar missiles of course).

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

44 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

I'm curious, what air-to-air weapons does it carry? It says AIM-9 in the Wikipedia article, but not what variant of it. I hope it carries some rear-aspect as well (except for the radar missiles of course).

In the F1 DCS interview he says the first varient the F1CE (the one shown in the interview) carries

Matra magic 1's 

Aim 9E

Aim 9G

And Aim 9N

So the 9N is slightly worse then the AIM 9P, but not by much.

So all of those are rear aspect heaters

Also the R530 that the F1CE also carries in both radar guided and IR seekers is "medium range" but are big and heavy and not really as suited for shooting down fighters especially ones manuvering. And the F1CE's radar does not have look down shoot down capability. So I think it will be like the R3R, but heavier, have longer range but be less maneuverable.

Edited by CrazyGman

1 hour ago, CrazyGman said:

Either way we can have the F1 with just the rear aspect heaters since lots of the time that seems like what they most often carried. 

Good to hear! Either way I'm adding the F1 and we'll see how things play out. Can't have a bigger impact on Reds more the Tomcat, so shouldn't be a problem.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

6 hours ago, CrazyGman said:

Managed to get a lucky 9k114 Shturm kill on Sunday

No freaking way!!! You make all Hind players proud 😉

Alright, I was always wondering about the following: If I'm to take 8 x Atakas of which 4 are the air-to-air variant. And say you had them onboard in that situation. Would Petrovich fire the air-to-air Ataka at an aerial target or simply the Ataka on pylon 1 as it's always his way, and regardless of what missile variant that is? I haven't had the time to test it out yet as I'm testing other things for the missions, but if anyone knows maybe?

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

3 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

No freaking way!!! You make all Hind players proud 😉

Alright, I was always wondering about the following: If I'm to take 8 x Atakas of which 4 are the air-to-air variant. And say you had them onboard in that situation. Would Petrovich fire the air-to-air Ataka at an aerial target or simply the Ataka on pylon 1 as it's always his way, and regardless of what missile variant that is? I haven't had the time to test it out yet as I'm testing other things for the missions, but if anyone knows maybe?

Now when you bring up the petrovick menu select left after you bring up the menu, Petrovich will go through each missile type with each left press, so to fire the anti air version just press until it says selected 9K120O

41 minutes ago, CrazyGman said:

Now when you bring up the petrovick menu select left after you bring up the menu, Petrovich will go through each missile type with each left press, so to fire the anti air version just press until it says selected 9K120O

Thanks a lot! I always try to avoid playing with Petrovich, so I'm mostly not flying the Hind 😉

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

13 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Thanks a lot! I always try to avoid playing with Petrovich, so I'm mostly not flying the Hind 😉

I never fly from the front (haven't even bound the keys) because I don't like Pet doing the flying but if you sit in the pilot's seat Pet can fire the missiles well enough. And the pilot does cannon and rockets.

1 hour ago, Ian Boys UK said:

I never fly from the front (haven't even bound the keys) because I don't like Pet doing the flying but if you sit in the pilot's seat Pet can fire the missiles well enough. And the pilot does cannon and rockets.

By playing with Petrovich I meant having him as my co-pilot. I'd rather have a human co-pilot over the AI. In both Phone Booth and Open Range I fly the Hind with rockets and gun pods only, because the TA's have soft targets mostly, so a co-pilot is not necessarily required.

By the way, Mike-Delta will be doing GCI for the Red's tonight. Operation Search & Destroy kicks off today around 1900 zulu and he'll join our ranks 😉

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- The warehouses in all Syria missions were fixed. Ataka missiles are now available.
- The warehouses in Caucasus missions are still to be fixed. Bear with me, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

A NEW MISSION HAS ARRIVED!!!

Operation: Fishbed vs Tiger

* Kicks off for the first time this Friday, 05.11.2021, around 1900 zulu *

Situation:

RED operates from Bassel Al-Assad and Hama Airbases
BLUE operates from Beirut-Rafic Hariri Airbases

- 100 Fishbeds vs 100 Tigers!
- 20 slots for each side. 10 slots at each airbase.
- Rear aspect missiles and guns ONLY!
- R-60's for the Fishbeds and AIM-9P's for the Tigers.
- No air-to-ground weapons.
- You can try and strafe the enemy on the ground!
- Each airbase is protected by 10 x AI controlled AAA ZU-23 Closed Emplacements.
- No SAM's anywhere on the map!
- Remember! It's about killing all 100 aircraft of the enemy, not the AAA's.
- Always RTB to save your aircraft!
- Use SRS to communicate with other players.
- EWR's are set to immortal! The idea is to see who's the king of the skies and not destroying ground assets.

NOTE:
If a GCI operator is available, make sure you contact him and provide your assistance to wherever help is needed the most.
Teamwork is the key, so make sure you stay on comms with other players even if a GCI operator is not available.

Check out the radio frequencies for comms below.

Red Objectives:

- The objective is simple: Kill all 100 Tigers!
- You can try and strafe the enemy on the ground, but it's too risky!
- 124 MHz (channel 0) is the common EWR / GCI frequency.
- 126 MHz (channel 5) is the alternate EWR / GCI if the main one is overloaded with call-outs.

Again, kill 'em ALL!

Blue Objectives:

- The objective is simple: Kill all 100 Fishbeds!
- 251 MHz (Axeman) is the common EWR / GCI frequency.
- 256 MHz (Darknight) is the alternate EWR / GCI if the main one is overloaded with call-outs.

Again, kill 'em ALL!

Fishbed vs Tiger.png

airbases.png

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

46 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Situation:

- 200 Fishbeds vs 200 Tigers!
- Each airbase is protected by 10 x AI controlled AAA ZU-23 Closed Emplacements.
- Remember! It's about killing all 200 aircraft of the enemy, not the AAA's.

NOTE:
If a GCI operator is available, make sure you contact him and provide your assistance to wherever help is needed the most.
Teamwork is the key, so make sure you stay on comms with other players even if a GCI operator is not available.

Red Objectives:

- The objective is simple: Kill all 200 Tigers!
- 126 MHz (channel 5) is the alternate EWR / GCI if the main one is overloaded with call-outs.
- If we lose and EWR unit, a replacement is activated shortly after.

Again, kill 'em ALL!

Blue Objectives:

- The objective is simple: Kill all 200 Fishbeds!
- 256 MHz (Darknight) is the alternate EWR / GCI if the main one is overloaded with call-outs.

Again, kill 'em ALL!

Fishbed vs Tiger.png

airbases.png

Is there a time limit?

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

37 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Is there a time limit?

Nope. Just aircraft limit. You could call it Last Man Standing 😉

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

10 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Situation:

- 200 Fishbeds vs 200 Tigers!
- Remember! It's about killing all 200 aircraft of the enemy, not the AAA's.

NOTE:

Red Objectives:

- The objective is simple: Kill all 200 Tigers!

Again, kill 'em ALL!

Blue Objectives:

- The objective is simple: Kill all 200 Fishbeds!

Again, kill 'em ALL!

Fishbed vs Tiger.png

airbases.png

This looks like a good one

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, Alpenwolf said:

By playing with Petrovich I meant having him as my co-pilot. I'd rather have a human co-pilot over the AI. In both Phone Booth and Open Range I fly the Hind with rockets and gun pods only, because the TA's have soft targets mostly, so a co-pilot is not necessarily required.

By the way, Mike-Delta will be doing GCI for the Red's tonight. Operation Search & Destroy kicks off today around 1900 zulu and he'll join our ranks 😉

Last night was a great teaser playing the red side for a change.  I learnt a lot and enjoyed myself immensely.  Thanks for a great mission, I'm not saying I did much, without the other players, you just have pilots bumbling around the map waiting to die or to find a plane from the other side to kill.  I shows that teamwork is key in the DCS world.  Let's keep up the teamwork and ensure your SRS is on to help the others fight the fight.  Congratulations on the win Red's, you earned it.

Until the next fight..

MikeDelta = Merlin

https://www.twitch.tv/mikedelta_dcs

• Like 4

Server News:

- The warehouses in all Caucasus missions have been fixed.
- With that, all missions in all maps have the Ataka missile available.
- Wind and turbulence were added to some missions.
- The laser code is now set to 1511 in all missions. Let me know in case I overlooked a mission, please.

• Like 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments