[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

ok so I don't get the multiplayer thing..

I played last night with 4 of us, I figured out the first part of this campaign, buying stuff and setting up the mission.

Now that the mission is over, it says to reload something? go back into the change slot position and reload the mission??

Then grab the logfile and place it into the directory, I did all this but something is not right because it never detected anything from that file..

can someone possibly explain step by step after finishing a multiplayer mission?

Thanks

^

this, x100, I run a dedicated server and would love to get this going but there is sweet bugger all info out there

also, why can i not resize the program window, I'm up to "mission menu" but there is no way to see the bottom of the list to do the next step

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Trying to add an aircraft to Liberation and following the wiki which says to edit the db.py file in the Liberation/game/ folder. Problem is there is no '/game' folder and no file named db.py in the entire liberation folder. Anyone have an answer?

[EDIT] OK..have realised that I need to make the changes in the source and then re-install the python package. Problem is I don't know how to :( I've tried using pyinstaller and pip but have no idea which file to target them to or what parameters to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

[EDIT2] Also, when i try to pull / fetch submodules there is no .gitmodules file in the repository so I created one as follows:

[submodule "dcs"] 
 path = submodules/dcs
 url = https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation.git

but it still doesn't seem to pull anything.

I'm doing all this on a wing and a prayer with virtually no knowledge, so any pointers appreciated.

Edited by kraszus

Awesome Dynamic Campaign Tool Thank you!

Is there any way to save the debriefing manually? We wanted to play on a dedicated server but there isnt a debriefing file saved afterwards. Tried everything out.

Thank you!

I just tried to make a strike mission, but the window is so long with listed potential aircraft for strike packages that I can't actually see the start mission button as it is off the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to get around this?

how do we add more parking spots to an airfield, we have just captured Kutaisi hoping for more parking spots, it only has 5 apparently, I happen to know that Kutaisi has more than 5 parking spots so hao do we change it? I have more than 5 friends who want to play this campaign with me but can't because we can only start with 5 aircraft

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Trying to add an aircraft to Liberation and following the wiki which says to edit the db.py file in the Liberation/game/ folder. Problem is there is no '/game' folder and no file named db.py in the entire liberation folder. Anyone have an answer?

[EDIT] OK..have realised that I need to make the changes in the source and then re-install the python package. Problem is I don't know how to :( I've tried using pyinstaller and pip but have no idea which file to target them to or what parameters to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

[EDIT2] Also, when i try to pull / fetch submodules there is no .gitmodules file in the repository so I created one as follows:

[submodule "dcs"] 
 path = submodules/dcs
 url = https://github.com/shdwp/dcs_liberation.git

but it still doesn't seem to pull anything.

I'm doing all this on a wing and a prayer with virtually no knowledge, so any pointers appreciated.

I eventually ended up doing this but I run the script with the python launcher instead. I can’t get it to compile either.

I really am enjoying this, glad that I found it.

A couple of issues however.

1. I get this error every time I start the batch file.

G:\Dowloaded DCS Files\Missions>cd dist\dcs_liberation

G:\Dowloaded DCS Files\Missions\dist\dcs_liberation>liberation_main "C:\Users\John Stretton\Saved Games" "1.5.2.3"

pygame 1.9.6

Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB

Started SDL app

It does not appear to affect anything, so FYI.

2. The configuration screen will not remember its settings from mission to mission. I always have to reset difficulty and (most annoying) turn night missions off (hate night missions.)

My Saved Games and DCS are on separate drives, but everything else appears to run properly.

• 2 weeks later...

The manual doesn't include a lot of information about the mod. Examples include what resources actually do (ammo depot, fuel depot etc), how to increase earnings per turn, etc. I love the mod so far, but there's literally no documentation about these things, leaving me to wonder and guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The manual doesn't include a lot of information about the mod. Examples include what resources actually do (ammo depot, fuel depot etc), how to increase earnings per turn, etc. I love the mod so far, but there's literally no documentation about these things, leaving me to wonder and guess.

It seems like there are a lot of systems churning away in the background.

It is really bizarre that someone would take so much time to create such a complex scenario and then release no explanation of how it works.

The campaign is incredibly fun and well done though. Between this and Operation Snowfox, DCS now has some the best dynamic campaigns ever made. This one is almost reaching the glory of Comanche vs Hokum's campaign.

I also love that you have the option of starting on the runway or right at the target waypoint.

Oh, and another question: what is the intended date of this campaign? I like to run realistic loadouts, so I don't know if I'm "cheating" by bringing AMRAAMS and Mavericks, for example.

Not being able to scroll when I have lots of different units at a base is a blocker. I can't even see the commit button, at 1080p.

Edited by MysticDaedra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khopa did a great job improving this campaign for us. Thank you Khopa!

(From his post on discord)

Khopa

Hey guys,

I made a playable pre-release for my DCS Liberation fork/rewrite (QT UI branch.)

I believe I have fixed most obvious issues now, and it is now an enjoyable campaign system in my opinion. I managed to play and complete a campaign in SP.

Please let me know if you are able to run it, and enjoy the campaign

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/releases/tag/2.0RC4

I made a few basic tutorials to help get people started :

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/wiki/Getting-started

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/wiki/Tutorial-01-:-UI

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/wiki/Tutorial-02-:-First-turn

https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberation/wiki/Tutorial-03-:-First-operation

But the tutorials do not cover all the features yet.

And .... it's 6AM there and i am tired.

(Note : This does not support supercarrier yet;)

Ok, I installed the files into a folder, double clicked on "liberation_main.exe"

A command shell window opened, some text scrolled in it, then a graphic popped up in the center of my screen for a quarter second then disappeared. Then nothing happened.

Is there anything I need to do to install this outside what is in that first tutorial link? It says to just install it in a folder and run it... but it mentions having to do edits to the "MissionScripting.lua". What edits need to be done to it?

EDIT: I was able to do a quick printscreen capture of the window before it shut down.

The error is :

FileNotFoundError: No such file or directory: (my steam directory)\\steamapps\\common\\DCSWorld\\\\Scripts/MissionScripting.lua"

Replaced my drive location with (my steam directory). For some reason it is looking for the game to be installed on the wrong drive.

I had previously installed DCS on that drive, but have since reinstalled it on another.

Just tried deleting the old DCSWorld directory on the drive it is looking for the .lua on, and it didn't help. It's still looking for it on the old drive.

Any idea where this is pulling information from on where DCS is installed?

Edited by flyinj23

Hey ccamillo, I am not able to run it. Everytime I tried to start the CMD Window opens and I can see the "Title Screen" and then it crashes (I guess...) All of that happens to fast, but what I can read is a whole bunch of Warn stuff before it actually launches

Do you guys have multiple steam library locations on different drives?

For me I was able to capture the error, and it seems to be looking for the .lua file in a different steam library folder than where it is actually installed.

Ok, made a bit of progress. I found the registry key that is uses to find the old install directory and pointed it to the correct one.

I verified that it made changes to the MissionScripting.lua file (it basically struck out the entire contents with "--"s)

Now, the script crashes at this error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'game.event.strike'

Edited by flyinj23

Ok, I figured out the "game.event.strike" crash!

After googling around for a bit, I noticed that Khopa mentioned on reddit a year ago that the new version of Liberation wouldn't be compatible with old save games.

I thought hmmmm.... and went into my SavedGames/Users directory and deleted my old Liberation saves and...

Now it works!

So it was looking for data in the old save files and crashing.

Ok, now to finally try this out

Edited by flyinj23

Do you guys have multiple steam library locations on different drives?

For me I was able to capture the error, and it seems to be looking for the .lua file in a different steam library folder than where it is actually installed.

My DCS isn't a steam install