Which Tornado do you want? - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #141
Kailux

Looking at the state of the Viggen, i want someone else do the Tornado pretty please.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:26 AM   #142
F900EX

You might be right but what 3rd party has stayed within a reasonable time frame for final release. 3-5 years seems to be the norm in DCS, assure the player it won't take forever then say your sorry for the delay AFTER they have taken your money.
F900EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 06:52 AM   #143
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Silly question from an uninitiated - why is this thread in the Heatblur forum? Have they confirmed working on one?

Thanks.
Yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #144
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
Yea the only way is with the Elint app which is nice, but it would be nicer if it could be linked to DCS somehow

Which elint app?
Joystick grips: Winwing F18, TM F-16
Throttles: Winwing Super Taurus
Hardware: MFG Crosswind Rudder, 4 Thrustmaster Cougar MFD, Logitech G13
VR:Valve Index
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #145
TLTeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAM View Post
Which elint app?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219571
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 02:38 AM   #146
Bartacomus

Dedicated Strike Aircraft, needs to be the F111 Aarvark. I got turned onto the "Pig" when i read it outshot the Warthog in desert storm. Twice the kills. And the EF111a Raven was THE goto SIGINT, reconnaissance, Electronic Warfare frame. (considering the ELINT topic)

The bottom line about the F111 Pig, when it was retired it took 2 aircraft to fill it workload. That being the B1 Lancer (which wasnt as fast, by half, and not versatile) and the F15 which was not as good as a strike craft, and not as fast either) when the EF111a Raven was retired, the Airforce had to back peddle to the Intruder, because there was nothing in the Services that could replace the Spark-Vark.

plus, i want to land it on a Carrier, Melt it in mid air, light up the nighttime battlefield with the dump and burn, eject in the Boat/Pod, and fly the first DCS carpet bomber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Tornado IDS (interdictor/strike)

Because we are lacking the good Strike aircraft (and no, I don't count F-14 as such).
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkhunto View Post
The A-6E TRAM, obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Yes:
Bartacomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:55 AM   #147
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacomus View Post
Dedicated Strike Aircraft, needs to be the F111 Aarvark. I got turned onto the "Pig" when i read it outshot the Warthog in desert storm. Twice the kills. And the EF111a Raven was THE goto SIGINT, reconnaissance, Electronic Warfare frame. (considering the ELINT topic)

The bottom line about the F111 Pig, when it was retired it took 2 aircraft to fill it workload. That being the B1 Lancer (which wasnt as fast, by half, and not versatile) and the F15 which was not as good as a strike craft, and not as fast either) when the EF111a Raven was retired, the Airforce had to back peddle to the Intruder, because there was nothing in the Services that could replace the Spark-Vark.

plus, i want to land it on a Carrier, Melt it in mid air, light up the nighttime battlefield with the dump and burn, eject in the Boat/Pod, and fly the first DCS carpet bomber.
Uhm, this is a bit OT here, as this thread is not about strike aircraft in general, but about the Tornado and its variants...
Besides that we already have a good setup of US jets and more are comming, unlike European jets...

Old 03-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #148
jojyrocks

Whichever Tornado aircraft is possible (Barring the Air defense version). Any of those GR series or IDS variants would be good.

But I doubt Heatblur has plans about this...They've been hinting more on that slow A-6 intruder. I much prefer the latter being just an AI. But seeing as its the one on the possible roadmap. Maybe we can expect the Tornado...whichever variant it is, during 2024 or 25.
jojyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #149
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojyrocks View Post
Whichever Tornado aircraft is possible (Barring the Air defense version). Any of those GR series or IDS variants would be good.

But I doubt Heatblur has plans about this...They've been hinting more on that slow A-6 intruder. I much prefer the latter being just an AI. But seeing as its the one on the possible roadmap. Maybe we can expect the Tornado...whichever variant it is, during 2024 or 25.
Heatblur stated years ago, that their policy is to only announce new aircraft modules when they're far into development and close to (EA) release, with the Tomcat beeing the exception. They already put this policy into action with the Viggen, which was released pretty shortly after it got officially revealed. So I'm not too convinced that an A-6 will be their next playable aircraft

Old 03-10-2020, 09:20 PM   #150
smokedog77

IDS Raf GR4

PC Specs: i9 9900K, 32GB DDR4, 1080TI
smokedog77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hl³ confirmed