Intrepid Online Pony Riders...

DD_Fenrir

It has come to my attention, after being attacked by a P-51 whilst;

i) gear down

ii) in the landing pattern at an Allied airfield

iii) in a Spitfire

iv) in D-Day markings

& v) this not being the first such occurrence (being pretty much a feature of every foray online these days)

that apparently some of you need a little reminder:

An aircraft wearing markings like this:

Balkenkreuz.png

is GERMAN.

Please spray liberally with fifty calibre projectiles.

An aircraft wearing markings like this:

edb1917d1ffe3e5deab7d60c47a99fd0--aeronautica-brits.jpg

Is BRITISH.

If you could therefore refrain from slinging your ordnance at us, however poorly aimed, we pilots of the RAF and it's cosmopolitan congregation of international aviators would heartily appreciate it.

Now I know that some of you may still be harbouring a little colonial rancour, but this is the 1940's and we're supposed to be Allies and passed that kind of thing.

Yours gratefully,

Fenrir

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Like 1

Anyone who can't identify between four very different planes shouldn't play DCS until they can.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone who can't identify between four very different planes shouldn't play DCS until they can.

There are almost no players playing it already. I gues I have to thank you.

When I flew in DCS I was constantly attacked by Spitfires and never felt a need to create a shaming post. I agree that friendly fire is annoying paint in the ... It is however quite rude to assume that whole P-51 player group is only responsible for it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

There are almost no players playing it already. I gues I have to thank you.

When I flew in DCS I was constantly attacked by Spitfires and never felt a need to create a shaming post. I agree that friendly fire is annoying paint in the ... It is however quite rude to assume that whole P-51 player group is only responsible for it.

So, you're blaming and targeting me for the low number of WWII players?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*facepalm*

Seems we're low on sense of humour transplant donors round these parts, eh?

Blue-on-blue in the online community is a thing - I get it. Funnily enough having played these sims online for 12 odd years now I have some experience of this, and on very rare occasions I got it wrong myself. Not a good feeling.

However, given that almost every time I venture online in my Spit I get attacked by some over eager hero in his Pony I feel a gentle reminder, delivered in a light and mildly ironic manner to the community to please double check their ID before pulling the trigger, is not out of place.

Did I rant? No.

Did I accuse everyone? No, I said some.

Some of you need to unknot your undies and be a bit less defensive.

^ note use of word "some". A link to to an online dictionary can be provided if necessary. x

Edited by DD_Fenrir

I enjoyed the Humour Fenrir!

Blue-on-blue is something that can actually be reduced with good missino design... The planners during the war had techniques for reducing the probabilities of this happening, but I'm yet to see any online mission makers/ server hosts implement anything that looks like they've thought about it.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I don't think the people you are trying to reach read the forum........:megalol:

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Well it is not limited to WWII. I was attacked in my P51 by a friendly F15. After he decided he wanted a turn fight, I quickly sent him down in flames after just two turns while also shooting him the “bird”.

That was very satisfying to say the least.

Also to the OPs point, you should be able to identify the enemy by the shape of their plane long before seeing their markings. If a pilot is flying an enemy plane on the friendly side... well oh well bad choice. That said, if I subsequently see his markings and determine he is friendly I will disengage. Consider that pilot lucky On that day.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10