No servers

linebacker

Im sure this has been asked before, ive searched online but cannot find a solution. How come every time i try multiplayer i never find any servers? Ever since ive had ver 1.5 not once has a server ever showed up in the server list. 1.5 is up to date. If i type the ip in manually, it cant find the server. Help please.

Thanks

My first guess would be the Windows firewall (or any other personal firewall or Antivirus software). Can you double check that DCS.exe is not blocked or is added to the exception list? If it's already there, remove it and add an exception again. I once wasn't able to host MP for weeks, and I had several exceptions for DCS (1.5 and 2.0), but only after removing and then re-adding it was I able to host again.

If you have access to your internet router (DSL, cable, FTTH or whatever), make sure ports 10308 TCP and UDP are not blocked and that there's no port whitelisting active; if port whitelisting is active, add an exception for port 10308 TCP and UDP (at least for your computer).

If all that doesn't work, check with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) that there's no active firewall of port blocking that might prevent your computer from accessing ED's master servers.

If all that doesn't get you anywhere near a solution, hopefully someone else can come up with better ideas. :thumbup:

Just in case it is a problem somewhere in your config files, try going to UserName -> Saved Games and move your DCS folder to the desktop. When you start DCS it will create a new folder there with all default settings. If you can't see multiplayer servers then there is at least nothing wrong in your config folder.

If you are using Steam, you could also try doing the same with the Config folder in the DCS main folder and try to verify integrity of the game so that it re-downloads all the defaults.

• Like 1

System specs: i7 3820 @4.75Ghz, Asus P9X79LE, EVGA GTX1080SC @2100mhz, 16GB Gskil DDR3 @ 2000mhz, 512GB 960EVO m.2, 2 X 512GB 860EVO SATA3 in RAID0, EVGA Supernova 850W G2, Phantek Entho Luxe White. CPU and GPU custom water-cooled with 420mm rad and lots of Noctua fans.

ASUS PG348Q. VKB Gladiator Pro w/MCG, X-55 throttle and MFG Crosswind.

I have added port 10308 in the firewall, i deleted dcs_updater.exe and then added it again to the Allowed programs in the Firewall. I also added Run.exe to the allowed programs. It still didnt work.

Ill move the DCS folder to the desktop like Sideslip suggests, ill let you know what happens, thanks.

I didnt run a repair, it may have picked up the problem. Ive worked out whats wrong. Somehow the file structure was wrong. Inside the bin directory in the root directory contained all of the same folders and files from the root directory. The difference was that the files and folders in the bin dir where up to date and the same files and folders in the root dir where not up to date. Im thinking that when i update DCS its installing all of the files and folders inside the bin dir and not the root dir. I moved all of the files and folders from the bin to the root dir (which included the correct bin folder) i then tried multiplayer and it worked! I also noticed that there were lots of changes in DCS which i didnt see before, maybe because they were in the work folder.

Anyway, after all that, thanks for input guys, its now working.