remove radiator / cockpit view

Lenux

I know it doesen't look " realistic " but i'd really like to know if it's possible to remove the radiator, from the cockpit view.

Any ideas are welcome, thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

If you have knoledge of how the Model Viewer work you can check if this Radiator is linked to some "argument" to be changed.

It should be designed from the beginning, like the pilot's body or the stick and trottle to be removable, maybe is just non implemented in the code.

I don't know how the Model Viewer works

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Run ModelViewer.exe placed in DCS World\bin.

Then, file --> Load Model, opend the fileDCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Cockpit\Shape\Cockpit_FW190D9.EDM

Press the function button called Enable/Disable Animation (the one with a red body), now you can check if the radiator you mentioned do something.

I can't see at all, the radiator, from the cockpit view, with ModeViewer

Thank you very much, anyway

1008292081_fw190.thumb.jpg.f7424925f4d30697fbfb630878c35ced.jpg

Where exactly is this file located ?

Thank you

@flankerOne: thanks for introducing the ModelViewer! Is there any documention? I'd like to see if it's possible to run animation for individual cockpit controls, in order to test mods (in the default.lua) without having to re-launch DCS World every time.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Where exactly is this file located ?

Thank you

...\DCS World\CoreMods\WWII Units\FW-190D-9\Shapes

@flankerOne: thanks for introducing the ModelViewer! Is there any documention? I'd like to see if it's possible to run animation for individual cockpit controls, in order to test mods (in the default.lua) without having to re-launch DCS World every time.

you have a slider on top and a field in which you can write an argument number. Use the slider to run the animation.

Okay razo, found it.

Now, is it possible somehow, to remove the radiator ?

Thank you

97641182_fwdora.thumb.jpg.d96c5b678ceebbba95a2b441e9c41fa2.jpg

Edited by Lenux

From the cockpit view, it looks weird

Thank you

I remember one of the guys "removing" MiG-21 Bis wings (at least) from cockpit view to save a few fps back in 2014 when the module suffered from poor optimization. These were separate components of the 3D model though.

I rather doubt you can remove only a part of the fuselage from the Fw-190 while retaining the rest.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

There must be a way to modify this :)

you have a slider on top and a field in which you can write an argument number. Use the slider to run the animation.

Not quite what I hoped for...

I used argument 34 for the FW-190 and it did rotate the altimeter adjustment knob; but the altimeter needle did not move.

Same with the compass: I can turn the outer ring; but the scale does not rotate with it.

Nice trying though.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Not quite what I hoped for...

I used argument 34 for the FW-190 and it did rotate the altimeter adjustment knob; but the altimeter needle did not move.

Same with the compass: I can turn the outer ring; but the scale does not rotate with it.

Nice trying though.

Maybe there is another argument for it. Search in the lua files of the system for the argument that it is using.