How to get 3-position flap control with TM Warthog Throttle?

LeCuvier

I use the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS throttle and stick and I would like to use the 3-position Flaps switch on the throttle in the same way as it works for the A-10C. I have looked at the .lua file for the A-10C and it has 2 lines defining the switch functionality:

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN23"}}, down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN, name = "Toggle Flaps Dn", category = "Systems"},

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN23"}}, down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN, name = "Toggle Flaps Dn", category = "Systems"},

Unfortunately the structure of the .lua for the FW-190 is very different.

Does anybody know how to hack the .lua for the FW-190 in order to get correct functionality with the Flaps 3-position switch?

I have done it with the TARGET software, but in my experience the combination of DCS with TARGET and TrackIR is not stable, and therefore I search for an alternative solution.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• ED Team

Hi LeCuvier,

You are on the right way. Open the default.lua file from ...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick\ folder. Then add next two strings in the --flaps section of the file.

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN22'}}, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, down = device_commands.Button_1, value_down = 1.0, up = device_commands.Button_2, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN23'}}, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_SYSTEM, down = device_commands.Button_3, value_down = 1.0, up = device_commands.Button_2, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Flight Control')},

Don't remove any other strings from there.

Updated file will be available in next update.

Thank you for your post!

• Like 1

Khorosho!

Spocibo Racoon!

I can conceptually understand how this works. And in fact the first line works as expected: When I change the switch position from UP to MVR the radio button in the middle is depressed.

However the second line produces no action when I change switch position from DN to MVR. I cannot even guess what the problem might be. But I hope you can fix that! :)

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Please doublecheck correct copy-paste from my message. It works here on the same device.

Plus please check that you did't include strings from A-10 as you mentioned before.

I have copied the two lines from your message and pasted them into the file after the three existing lines under "Flaps". No I have not added anything else to the file.And when I look at the file in Notepad++ the two lines look visually the same except for "key = 'JOY_BTN23" and "device_commands.Button_3" plus "name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn')".

I attach the file for verification.

Best regards,

Hans

default.lua

LeCuvier

• ED Team

The file is correct. The only idea I have is there can be some interference with Target software or changes in Saved games input config for Warthog. You can check it here ...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FW-190D9\joystick\

In case you'll find there any mention about joy_btn23 it will make sense.

Anyway we are working on a special Warthog config for FW190 now. It will be available soon.

Edited by Racoon

The file is correct. The only idea I have is there can be some interference with Target software or changes in Saved games input config for Warthog. You can check it here ...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FW-190D9\joystick\

Anyway we are working on a special Warthog config for FW190 now. It will be available soon.

I really appreciate the short turn-around times of your responses!

In fact I had been using JOY_BTN22 for Flaps Up, JOY_BTN23 for Flaps Landing Position, and JOY_BTN24 for Flaps Takeoff. After implementing the additions to default.lua today, and seeing the problem, I had already removed the key binding to JOY_BTN24. Now I have also removed the key binding to JOY_BTN23. I have not removed the key binding to JOY_BTN22.

But the switch works correctly now. It's a bit of a mystery to me why the binding to JOY_BTN23 caused a problem and the one to JOY_BTN22 doesn't.

But the important point is: Работает!

Many thanks, Hans

LeCuvier

• ED Team

Great!

As I understood there is no real (hardware) button for middle position of this switch. Because of that we're using pressed and released positions in these combos. If you have other key mapping for Warthog it overrides settings in default.lua

Guys any idea for SU-25T 3-position flap setup?

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

As far as I can see the SU-25T has only 2 flaps positions: Up (Flight) and Down (Landing). Therefore, there is no point trying to configure 3-position control. This is different from the FW-190D and the A-10C which both have 3-position flaps (the 3rd position being take-off).

LeCuvier

Nah, it has a third, takeoff position as well. But there's no separate key assignment option for it, and no "flaps down one notch" option either, so I can see why some folks would like to edit controls like in Fw-190.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 1 month later...

heads up for everyone who is interested. it seems like they added this to the latest 1.5.4 openbeta udpate! i now have an option for "flaps up" "flaps down" that when assigned to a three way switch, toggle it perfectly like with A10C.

up, middle, down. very nice little addition. thanks ED for adding this

(quick note: i had to clear my old flaps button assignments and restart DCS, then i was able to re-assign the new flap toggle shortcuts - this way you can keep all your other shortcut assignments...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Input\su-25T\joystick\default.lua

add these lines:

--Alternate Flaps

{down=iCommandPlaneFlapsOff,up=iCommandPlaneFlaps,name='Flaps Up - Alternate',category='Systems'},

{down=iCommandPlaneFlapsOn,up=iCommandPlaneFlaps,name='Flaps Down - Alternate',category='Systems'},

bind your controls to these new commands ingame.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Is there a effect these changes by editing the individual controller settings file in the saved games folder? e.g. C:\Users\Traxus\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\Input\F-15C\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog{gobbledegook}.diff.lua

I'd like to assign ILS navigation mode to the middle position of the boat switch, but don't want to have to keep making the edits every time there is an update.

Thanks

T

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

...I'd like to assign ILS navigation mode to the middle position of the boat switch, but don't want to have to keep making the edits every time there is an update...

The .diff.lua files cannot define new command options. They only store the button (or axis) assignment of commands defined in the "default.lua" (and equivalent files for specific game controllers).

I have lots of modified "default.lua"; but I don't have to re-do the edits after updates, because I use OvGME (by sedenion) to manage the modified files.

Go to https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2867752&postcount=1for sedenion's original post and download links. Lots of people use this simple tool and it's solid!

LeCuvier

• 5 months later...

Just wondering about this Warthog profile for the FW190. Was it ever released? I think these great aircraft should come with a complete Warthog joystick profile. NoID has been creating some great profiles similar to the quality of the A10C. :)