Development Update February 2016

Ells228

Could you elaborate on this, please? As far as I know, the gun sight with it's control box is quite rudimentary in it's capabilities. The control box only allows to select a fixed reticle depression for A/A guns, A/A missiles, A/G guns, A/G rockets and A/G bombs, some of those together with a manual horizontal offset (cross wind compensation) - or just a variable, manual depression + offset. (source: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=108151&d=1417344116)

How and why will it differ in DCS?

+1

I know all F-100 series sights were gyro controlled, but had fixed angular dimensions (which refers only to the reticle) so it didn't change size based on the target. So, the reticle moves round the sight glass depending on gyro inputs but the size of the reticle remains the same in all modes and is used to estimate target size and distance.

The guys have stated this is covered as part of the custom weapons but clarification would be super!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

Nice work! Cant wait to see and feel all the new things with the hawk!

Looking forward to the missions as well!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro - Asus Z370 Prime A - i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz - 32 GB DDR4 - Nvidia GTX 1080 - Oculus Rift CV1 - HOTAS Warthog - CH Pro Pedals

Puukko - Kossu - HK Sininen Lenkki

+1

I know all F-100 series sights were gyro controlled, but had fixed angular dimensions (which refers only to the reticle) so it didn't change size based on the target. So, the reticle moves round the sight glass depending on gyro inputs but the size of the reticle remains the same in all modes and is used to estimate target size and distance.

The guys have stated this is covered as part of the custom weapons but clarification would be super!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I posted I'm still in discussion regarding the sight control box and how best to implement it within DCS. Once we reach a conclusion I'll let you know.

How it works in the real world doesn't mean we can replicate 100% exactly in the sim, for a variety of reasons.

Thanks,

Chris.

wow there we go Neil on the payroll of veao!

Im allowed to express my disappointment seeming as my money is now in there pockets!

First, I would like to point out that I am not, and never have been, on any payroll associated with any module developers, in or near DCS World. I retired at the ripe old age of 52 after a career in the media.

Yes, you are entitled to express your disappointment, but you certainly aren't entitled to lie about how long you have been waiting, and you spent your money to get hold of the Hawk, and you have it. When you paid your money, there was no disguising the fact that the module was still in development, and it still is.

I also think that your money is no longer in anyone's pockets. It was probably used to pay hard working coders, or spent on a nice Nando's chicken dinner.

So, as long as you keep to the facts, and remember just what was promised to you when you laid down your silver, then we'll all be able to nod approvingly at your sage remarks instead of correcting your erroneous assumptions.

Enough said?

First, I would like to point out that I am not, and never have been, on any payroll associated with any module developers, in or near DCS World. I retired at the ripe old age of 52 after a career in the media.

Yes, you are entitled to express your disappointment, but you certainly aren't entitled to lie about how long you have been waiting, and you spent your money to get hold of the Hawk, and you have it. When you paid your money, there was no disguising the fact that the module was still in development, and it still is.

I also think that your money is no longer in anyone's pockets. It was probably used to pay hard working coders, or spent on a nice Nando's chicken dinner.

So, as long as you keep to the facts, and remember just what was promised to you when you laid down your silver, then we'll all be able to nod approvingly at your sage remarks instead of correcting your erroneous assumptions.

Enough said?

Well while we're all in a mood for correcting each other I think I have to chime in with a correction for Mr Willis; there are no nice Nando's chicken dinners.

Message ends.

Feb updabte

Excellent update. As for the dissatisfieds,try 30 years in the military we waited years for promised updates, or new kit. It rarely happened and it affected us, a lot. Some defects cost lives. The stuff almost NEVER worked as advertised.

This is a sim, it takes time - they don't have huge resources, we are a niche market. Abe Lincoln had it right, take a reality pill and chill out. I knew it would not be perfect, I don't expect perfection, I 'm VERY happy with my wee hawk...just wish I was a good pilot...the RAF had the good sense to fail me lol

Edited by flyingscotsman
Missed a bit
if veao are happy to refund my money from which has now been a year???? and no final product! i will stop spreading my anger at veao?

My main gripes with the Hawk has been the Radio's/NAV & EFM. Its been adressed. :thumbup:

I too bought the HAWK to show support for 3rd partys. My primary a/c is the MiG-21bis.

Product development takes a sh*tloadsa time. Its a learning experience. The next plane they do would likely take less time, fewer bugs, more features at beta release. VEAO & others probably have fulltime jobs working 40hrs for a boss. Making the HAWK is probably a job for the weekends, and afterhours. (think: family, vacations etc).

From a consumer standpoint u have a point. BUT.. u bought into a beta. That was also expressly stated at buying.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Since 2014 DCS is converting to a new engine and ED opened doors for 3rd parties to create content. Because of this, it might look like many things are unfinished if someone started playing this sim in 2014/15. But this momentarily evolutionary transition goes hand in hand with hickups and delays, often unexpected for all. At the same time ED and the new 3rd party "businesses" need continuity and must release content to make $$, beta framework or not.

It is particularly VEAO that those unexpected development hickups are accompanied with an open, honest communication. Which I find refreshing and should not be bashed with frustration. If you think so too, you did a good investment with your Hawk. If you don't, you did a good investment with your Hawk too.

:lookaround:

Chaps,

Im going to eat a bit of humble pie here!

yes iv been quite vocal to veao that said i would like to say after speaking to a member of veao about my concerns i feel fully confident that they will deliver a finished fully working product and have faith in their future products, good customer service guys!.

Maddog out........

Reg:pilotfly: