Cockpit walkthrough

• 2 weeks later...

I once heard a rumour (no clue if this is actually true) that one reason for Germany to take part in developing the Eurofighter and not buy the Rafale from France was that in the Rafale the pilot should not be taller than 1.75m to properly fit in.

If it is true I bet the designers made sure that the seat is adjustable enough to allow both tall and small pilots to fly it. :)

Yeah, I know some very tall and quite small Typhoon pilots.

I guess it has to be adjustable enough so the majority of people can fit in the cockpit, because hight shouldn't really be a deciding factor on if you can be a jet pilot or not :p

Mechanical Aircraft Technician - RAF

Pilots licence - LAPL (A+S)

Intel I7 6700K @4.8GHz / MSI RTX 2080 Gaming trio / 32Gb DDR4 3000MHz RAM

Pretty sure VEAO will implement all systems shown in the video as they are clearly not confidential at all.

I wouldnt say that, saying that a system is there is VERY VERY different to saying how it works, its strengths and weakness's

But to answer a different post, I am 16st and I managed to climb into a Tiffie cockpit without too much trouble so they must be quite roomy ;)

Pman

• 1 month later...
I wouldnt say that, saying that a system is there is VERY VERY different to saying how it works, its strengths and weakness's

But to answer a different post, I am 16st and I managed to climb into a Tiffie cockpit without too much trouble so they must be quite roomy ;)

Pman

Exactly. Just because you can see what's on a screen doesn't mean the equipment necessary to get the data there isn't classified. Or how the data is processed, what all it can actually do (I'm sure we're never shown everything, or even anything critically important). We've seen the cockpit of the F-22. There's a ton about that one classified. We're just not shown anything that matters or how anything that matters actually works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pman

At 10st waaaaay back then I still found the Lightning a bit "snug"

:huh:

Now? :cry:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron