Typhoon Weapons by MBDA

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys but you will get almost none of those bar the ASRAAM.

We are not doing Meteor, Brimstone, Marte er or StormShadow.

Incidentally I did pop by the MBDA stand at a military trade show last year, the result of that and subsequent meetings is the above.

Pman

Edited by Pman

Incidentally I did pop by the MBDA stand at a military trade show last year, the result of that and subsequent meetings is the above.

Pman

It`s a shame about Brimstone, because a salvo of these is about the coolest thing you will see:)

[ame]

[/ame]
It`s a shame about Brimstone, because a salvo of these is about the coolest thing you will see:)

Yeh I agree. Some of the demo videos we were shown were astounding in capability.

Sadly we have to think more commercially then passionately when it comes to things such as front line modern weaponry.

We have abit more latitude with some of the older classic aircraft/warbirds.

Pman

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yeh I agree. Some of the demo videos we were shown were astounding in capability.

Sadly we have to think more commercially then passionately when it comes to things such as front line modern weaponry.

Pman

Yep understood

Pman

do you already know if you can do a targeting pod and a laser guided bomb?

Yep!

Pman

Sure. Im still cant wait till we get the Tiffy. At least we have asraam;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Pman

What about Paveaways?

Pman

Well that blows. A cutting edge aircraft needs cutting edge weapons or it looses 2/3 of its capabilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Those weapons you quote me on are not in service yet....

Pman

Hmmm better tell the guy in the video who says the Storm Shadow has been used in Iraq and Libya "to great effect".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Hmmm better tell the guy in the video who says the Storm Shadow has been used in Iraq and Libya "to great effect".

On tornados not on euro fighters...

Euro fighter is not the only delivery system for storm shadow

Let me put it this way, the meeting I had with Thales and BAE Systems today was very interesting; however we will not confirm weapons capability until closer to release time.

There is a lot we would like to do but simply put, a lot that we can't do due to sensitivity.

Edited by Ells228

Pman

That is a shame. I suppose it must be something to do with licensing representations of the weapons?

Or is that you guys are going for high fidelity and can't get the data? IMHO, a lot of us would be fine with FC3 level modelling of some of these weapons based on 'best guestimates'.

It'd be nice to have something closer to the designed capabilities (even if they aren't in service yet - they were planned in the '90s). Heck, it'd be nice to have the capability for mission building even if it is AI only!

Or is that you guys are going for high fidelity and can't get the data? IMHO, a lot of us would be fine with FC3 level modelling of some of these weapons based on 'best guestimates'.

You could not imagine the shitstorm that will come over these forums when you try to introduce an AA missile only based on some developer specs which are not even FC3 level. :music_whistling:

BTW: How to combine a full simulated DCS module with clickable cockpit with weapons which are not even FC3 lvl... Would be a big obstacle for me when it comes to a buying decision. Don't think you can have both, at least the community will have a demand for server override options in weapon selection when choosing between "arcade" and "simulation" servers. Even virtual Hog drivers like me would demand a proof of feasibility and efficiency of the Brimstone on an early block of the Typhoon before throwing this toy into the pool.

Edit: A small look into Wikipedia showed that Brimstone, Storm Shadow and Meteor are only available for Version Block 15/+.

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me put it this way, the meeting I had with Thales and BAE Systems today was very interesting; however we will not confirm weapons capability until closer to release time.

There is a lot we would like to do but simply put, a lot that we can't do due to sensitivity.

Still awesome that the guys from Thales and BEA systems are meeting with you.