DCS Fw_190_D-9_Dora Screenshot Thread

Blade_meister

Hopefully the 1200 that were sent to Russia from the UK during WWII didn't upset you too much :)

But seriously.. Really...? ugly? Yeah the elliptical wing is / was the main aesthetic - but she still has nice curving lines over the fuselage as well - But it's you're opinion, and that's fine. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

S :)

EDIT - I also have never heard anyone (ever) describe the Spit as ugly before? ...is the only reason for posting - but as said above, it's all subjective.

Edited by VIMANAMAN

EDIT - I also have never heard anyone (ever) describe the Spit as ugly before? ...is the only reason for posting - but as said above, it's all subjective.

For me Spit is also meh at best as far as easthetics go. I guess it may be a common view among those who, like me, don't fancy vintage curves in general

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ac/f6/5f/acf65f65846efe6a71db5faf01e4f393.jpg

http://www.tejasthumpcycles.com/metricbikes/metriccruiser/parts/fenders/vintage_fenders.jpg

:eek:

For me Spit is also meh at best as far as easthetics go. I guess it may be a common view among those who, like me, don't fancy vintage curves in general

Hi Bucic,

I'm not a big fan of kitsch design either - Some Harleys are nice, but... I'm with you.

As you'll know I'm sure, the Supermarine Spitfire was developed from a 'stable' where initially, air speed record breaking was their only goal - and then further basic design development for the needs of the time. I think it's safe to say - the Spit's shape is purely a product of function, alone.

However, you are more than welcome to not like it :) I don't agree but, I will defend you're right not to like it... etc..:thumbup:

It just surprised me to here someone describe it as ugly that's all.

Anyway someone should post a screen-shot before this gets moved to chit chat - I would but not on main machine.

Screen_140912_171713.thumb.jpg.bb0d709d2b798110ff863ea98d578ab4.jpg

EDIT: + screen shot, chased back to base, landing alongside the runway, minus one horizontal stab, no gear, no flaps and plenty of ventilation holes ( blew the canopy before touching down) :)

Edited by VIMANAMAN

• 4 weeks later...

Took her high.

Shame the altimeter stopped at 9000m, but judging how she started choking and maintaning altitude was getting extremely hard, it was quite high.

vvpA65g.png

BXvH0nX.jpg

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Took her high.

Shame the altimeter stopped at 9000m, but judging how she started choking and maintaning altitude was getting extremely hard, it was quite high.

vvpA65g.png

BXvH0nX.jpg

No contrails?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

4Hp06d.png

Original

Nv5u73.png

Original

pUFnN9.png

Original

:notworthy: <3 ED + FC <3 :thumbsup:

Saw these over at ATAG, awesome! Simply amazing.

Flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Arthuro12, very nice pics Sir. How do you get the blurred background? Photoshop?

S!Blade<><

Thanks!

Yes it's Photoshop, I'm cheating hehe..

I take the screenshot with the subject against a clean background such as the ocean or sky and extract it using the pen tool.

After that I go Google Images hunting and merge together some areal photos or horizon shots.

Apply some lens-, motion- or radial blur and voilah!

The final thing left is lighting and fixing up some graphics glitches (bad AA, unwanted reflections or choppy polygons on round surfaces).

If you have some basic understanding of Photoshop techniques you can do these within a hour!

Turning a screenshot like this:

VqVHFL.png

Into this:

YYUykf.png

-The Spitfire is a screenshot from 71st_dB in IL2: Cliffs of Dover which I used some time ago in a signature for him.

Edited by arthuro12

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No sorry, I'd rather take my own screenshots :(

Finished my personal winter camo.

RIvGqi.png

:pilotfly:

very nice skin.......:thumbup:

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

• 2 weeks later...
Is the metal frame a mod? In all the screenshots I've seen, it's made of wood.

That's official now; ED listened to the suggestions and made it a metal frame as it should be. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is the metal frame a mod? In all the screenshots I've seen, it's made of wood.

No it's not a mod, ED fixed it in some of the latest updates.

Edit, didn't noticed rrohde's answer...

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...