Show me your mad dogfight skills (FW190D9 Version)

super_baloo

the server is still here! we try to keep it a 24/7 server, and besides the occasional crashes, it is...we do our best to keep it online as much as possible and try to restart it as quick as possible once its down..why you cant see it i dont know...i cannot imagine it has something to do with your adjusted files, as it would only kick you once you join.but you should see it in the list.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no mad dogfight skills but just a little online PvP fun(except 1 AI kill)

Apart from the fantastic gunnery, what's the backing track?

My lovely GF has offered to buy me a copy of DCS's Dora or Mustang, for Xmas, plus she wants me to train her to fly an advanced flight sim. Looking at this footage, and others in the thread, I've got a long ways to go to become even 1/3rd as good, and I have no idea where I'm going to find the spare time to be a trainee, and train at the same time. It'll be fun when I find the time. :joystick: :pilotfly:

Edited by Friedrich-4/B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Link was broken - you don't need the url tags only the youtube ones and only include the bit after v= in the url i.e. "9T9MZqRK4O". If that doesn't make sense hit the quote button on this post to see how the video link is done. Congrats on your kill Fasteddie1, look forward to watching ~S~

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

your kill Fasteddie1

Good job Fasteddie1! You might benefit from checking out my thread on rudder usage. It will help with realizing the agility of the airplane you are flying and help reduce those stalls after a sharp bank!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140143

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

Thanks Crumpp

Checked out the link Crumpp and what a difference it's made. The stalling has diminished greatly thanks to your advice. I'm using the Saitek X52 that has a twist grip for the rudder and it gets really tiring after awhile so I will have to invest in real rudder pedals in the future. Thanks again

Checked out the link Crumpp and what a difference it's made. The stalling has diminished greatly thanks to your advice. I'm using the Saitek X52 that has a twist grip for the rudder and it gets really tiring after awhile so I will have to invest in real rudder pedals in the future. Thanks again

Glad to hear it, Fasteddie1! Pedals are the way to go for sure.

Can you do me a favor and post in the thread to let others know? I don't think many people are paying attention to it because downloading the track and watching it is a pain.

:(

Look forward to seeing in the virtual skies!

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

Glad to hear it, Fasteddie1! Pedals are the way to go for sure.

Can you do me a favor and post in the thread to let others know? I don't think many people are paying attention to it because downloading the track and watching it is a pain.

:(

Look forward to seeing in the virtual skies!

Ok sure but I'm a real nube even with features of the forum. How do I do it?

• 1 month later...

Slowly getting into the WWII fighters again after a few months of MiG-21Bis, Huey and A-10C:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Slowly getting into the WWII fighters again after a few months of MiG-21Bis, Huey and A-10C:

Thanks for sharing the video. Very nice.

Are you using any mods to enhance visuals? I ask that because your game seems to much clearer and crispier than mine. I have nowhere the clarity and quality you have. :pilotfly:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
DCS version 1.2.16.43180

Dogfight mission

P-51D AI skill level excelent

FW-190D pilot

P-51D' s right wing inside FW-190D left wing

after time 1:35 you can see that the broken wing is the P51-D's left wing and FW-190D is perfect as it moves away.

https://youtu.be/LVfAa0GnC5g

It's "flugzeugnügen" brought to you by Focke Wulf, GmbH. :music_whistling:

Seriously, this should be in a bug section not a dogfighting skills thread.

• 4 months later...