NineLine

Dora Music Issue  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Dora Music Issue

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Dont care!

Much better. Great theme.

This should in my opinion have been the default version, and the only one. Even if the poll here now says differently, the DCS FW190-D9 has (and wants to have) a much wider reach than will ever be reflected in the opinions you hear on a forum.

I can't see how the elements in question help in any way enhance the music, or the product. Just stirs up unnecessary arguments that distract from a great simulation.

And I also can play this theme music without getting police called if I forget to close the windows ;)

Much better. Great theme.

This should in my opinion have been the default version, and the only one. Even if the poll here now says differently, the DCS FW190-D9 has (and wants to have) a much wider reach than will ever be reflected in the opinions you hear on a forum.

I can't see how the elements in question help in any way enhance the music, or the product. Just stirs up unnecessary arguments that distract from a great simulation.

MAC

+1

Same goes for clean vertical stabs 4 german WW2 Birds as a default. I tolerate folks who want the vertical stabs in a historical way but i think adding these signs is easier than removing them. :huh:

mugen

• Like 1

GIGABYTE Z690 Aorus Elite | i5-12600K | 32 GB DDR4 | 2x 980 NVMe | RTX 4090 | OR CV1 | Pimax 8K | PC360 | 34UM95 | 38GN950 | TIR5 + Track Clip Pro | T-50CM2 | TM Warthog + 27,5 cm extension | MFG Crosswind | Win10Pro x64

For Aginor and others who dont like speech FX:

I've made "clean" version of this music. You can download it from our site:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/772149/

And just copy it in your DCSWorld folder.

Could you also upload the "dirty version", just in case censorship-nazis decide to alter the music in a future release? I'm pro-choice.
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille
Left out the political rumble

Perhaps you'll put some context to your poll question? What change it is you're asking about? I don't think anyone has disputed the music itself is nice and athmospheric.

Some just don't like the mixed in garbled speeches of certain war criminals and 'Sieg Heil' cheers. The tune would do a better job without those for its purpose, in my opinion. That's all.

MAC

I couldn't make out any chants or words that someone could find offensive, even if they were prone to being upset (butthurt) very easily.

Neither could I make out what person was talking.

• ED Team
And I also can play this theme music without getting police called if I forget to close the windows ;)

A concrete argument :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Though I personally do not care, since I never hear it, I would point out that the very fact that the question has come up probably indicates that a change would be a good idea.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Instead of "historical content", how about some German "pilot chatter"? That's always more interesting and pertinent, anyway.

BTW - I voted "No"; the track is setting the Dora mood quite well as it is, but pilot chatter is always more enticing.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Though I personally do not care, since I never hear it, I would point out that the very fact that the question has come up probably indicates that a change would be a good idea.
Sure, and since the question came up you'll also ban all guns in your country? I'm tired of people telling me what is decent, desired behaviour etc. and what not.

If you take offence in this music, you probably shouldn't be playing violent games in the first place.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

Sure, and since the question came up you'll also ban all guns in your country? I'm tired of people telling me what is decent, desired behaviour etc. and what not.

You are not trying to sell this product to a large and varied audience. ED is.

Get off your high horse.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Reading and then thinking about different music, this is what immediately came to my mind

:pilotfly:

Besides that, personally I am fine with the music as is (will try the "cleaned" version too to see if I may like that better),

yet I have to say after the Sabre music this is quite a theme change.:D

Greetings

MadCat

Then why release a "nazi fighter" in the first place ... people may take offence. You don't want to hear it, you switch it off.

Good point. Consider yourself switched off! :)

Then why release a "nazi fighter" in the first place ... people may take offence. You don't want to hear it, you switch it off.

Understand that ED did not intend to offend anyone.. (Not the folks that brought the issue to light and also not you either.)

I understand your point, but keep in mind that even if you don't agree (and they might not agree with you either) Doesn't mean that either point of view is not valid..

Both opinions are valid and I think ED is doing a great job making a compromise that pleases both sides.. (The release will have the speech removed but those that want the real "Feel" can load that version to their install...)

No one is telling you what you can and can't do, ED is simply trying to ensure everyone enjoys the product they are providing and in the end we are all customers and should all be allowed to express our views..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

The only problem is that some (a minority by the poll) wants others (the majority) not to hear want they want not to hear... :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• ED Team
The only problem is that some (a minority by the poll) wants others (the majority) not to hear want they want not to hear... :doh:

But, anyway, I understood their reasons and offered a special light version. :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me