How to Takeoff in the Dora

SimFreak

• ED Team
Well, takeoff and landing seem to be broken. Every time I try to take off, I crash; same with landings just less spectacular. Not complaining. I know it's beta.

Yes please explain, post a track... it was working fine up to last night as far as I was aware.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I landed on my first try. It seems more forgiving than the P-51, which isn't saying much! I haven't tried a cold start or takeoff yet. I'm off to watch the tutorial video.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Once again what was the issue? No offense, but stating that the module is bugged simply because you can't land it is not really legitimate... These WW2 planes are notoriously difficult to take off and land so just because you can't nail it on your first attempts is not really damning evidence of a bug...

Beyond a crunched plane do you have anything to support a bug review?

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

First takeoff attempt: success.

First and second landing attempts: successes.

If you're having trouble with takeoff then you're probably overdoing the rudder, and inputting rudder too late. Be quick and gentle at the same time.

:thumbup:

190takeofflanding.trk

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You may need to use some brakes to keep her straight to, least to begin with....

For landing I definitely used my toe brakes on the pedals. A twist joystick for rudder and without toe brakes is not going to cut it.

LOL. Pheeeew!!!

I thought I would add my first Take Off and Landing. Its not pretty and I am probably not using the right Technique, but I got her off the ground and back again in one piece.

I will also upload the video to youtube for those who are working. I feel sorry for you all :(

I can see I need a LOT of Practice with this one.

Thank you E.D for the Dora. She's a great addition. To see such Variety coming to DCS WORLD makes me happy. I may not be crazy about all of the Aircraft, but flying them all, each with their own nuances, helps you fly them all individually much better. And in the end, you end up crazy about all of the Aircraft. :pilotfly:

DCS FW-190 D-9.My First Take Off and Landing.trk

Once again what was the issue? No offense, but stating that the module is bugged simply because you can't land it is not really legitimate... These WW2 planes are notoriously difficult to take off and land so just because you can't nail it on your first attempts is not really damning evidence of a bug...

Beyond a crunched plane do you have anything to support a bug review?

It was my failed attempt at humor. I should have written blow up instead of crash. :D :P

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Cold start (only had to find the key to move the throttle to idle!), taxi out, take off, two touch and go's, armed weapons, strafed some huts and an airport fire vehicle, climbed to about 4000m, dived to off the clock on the ASI, climbed back up playing with cowl flaps and coolant temps, dived back down, landed and taxied to original parking, shutdown. No aircraft breakages! And I only skimmed the manual....

Only watched Wags' videos, but having played the IL2:BOS 190 did help with the taxi and takeoff/landing I reckon, because this one is easier to taxi, and it got me used to the tailwheel locking mechanism.

Very nicely done, it definitely feels nice to operate, very different from the P51.

I really need to read up on the engine limitations, I took it to maximum power and played with the MW50, but I was very gentle with the engine in general though. Good fun, and very nicely done to ED.

Edit to add: The track is 8MB - seems pretty big! I did fly around for quite a while, but still...

Edited by ARM505

Awesome!!!!!

Cold start was messing me for a bit with the throttle. Thought my joystick was broken lol

Taxi and takeoff I messed up because I didn't look at the vid but got it eventually.

Landing was simple I love the feeling of German suspension

Shooting down AI P-51 was a piece of cake. MW 50 not required and killed pilot under 90s. Fire Powahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Thank you ED & Yo Yo

Great work!!!!

A couple lil cockpit graphics issues like see thru headrest and a wierd black object on the top of canopy if you look directly up but they are pretty insignificant.

I need rudder pedals for sure on top of a new HOTAS.

Edited by SAM77

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

I don't have the HOTAS connected so I tried with the keyboard for a laugh. I ran for some 200-300 meters then lost it (too much controls overlapping, Ctrl+W to keep it a bit straight, then release Ctrl and Num+ to throttle up)... It broke nicely and I survived... Oh well... it was captured anyway :P.

it seems I reached 137Km/h yay!!! :D (Sorry... tacview pic, I forgot to print screen ingame)

I can't wait till friday when my Chair is comming so I can mount my "tools" on it. :joystick::pilotfly:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.726e367504ad81c181f15fb7ae7d5b3c.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I crashed on my first 5 take off's but then I managed to get air born in a

wobbly way :D

Landing however I nailed a perfect 3 pointer on the first attempt :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

My first 3 take offs were great...the best 3 seconds I had so far LOL.

• Like 1

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup: