[REPORTED] Fw 190 Cockpit Bar! (answer Post #173)

Krupi

From 7:00m do my eyes deceive me, I can't believe this has happened again... :doh:

And is that a very rare Gyro Revi?

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

@Sobek: This is an old "beaten horse" from way back in IL-2. The plane is modelled with an incorrect "bar" at the bottom of the armored glass that blocks revi view and lead shooting just over the front of the plane.

It's a bit funny to see that it is back, apparently, even though all those years of producing drawings and stuff :)

Well we hav'nt seen the finished product yet but convinced that we'll have as fierce debate over this here as on the old banana forum more than a decade ago :D

By jove it feels good to be back mates ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

What about the Revi?

The EZ 42 was very rare and the majority were supplied to Messerschmitt for the use on the Me262.

P.S. I hesitate on saying this should it should be irrevlvant but 777 have already stated that there Fw190 will not have a bar!

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Would you guys mind pointing out what "bar" your on about????

Haven't seen anything resembling a "bar" either in provided photo's, screenshots, or the video around 7:00

If you think there is an issue it might be worth it to clearly explain what the issue is. Instead of saying, "the bar".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

If someone were to prove that it really is there I wouldn't mind, but after years of it been proven incorrect on il2 to find it raising its ugly head again here is just unfathomable!

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

Long story short: "The bar" is there, because it looks like this in the plans.

So it's not plain wrong. But the graphics-engines don't take into account that the angled armored glass acts as a sort of prisma, shifting the line of sight.

So while it's correct looking at the plans, the way it is modelled is only realistic, when the front-screen was removed.

(ignoring the fact that "the bar" on the Dora should be much lower evern without the glass, which the cockpit-photos made more than obvious.)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

But Krupi, if the 3d model of the cockpit is of accurate dimensions and the players eye height is set correctly and the 'bar' is visible then it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume it was visible in real life, in order to make that bar disappear the bottom of the armoured glass would probably have to sit inside the fuselage, I can see no feature of the aircraft that suggests that is the case.

Who gives a flying chrome ball? :doh:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@Bongodriver: No it's not correctly rendered in game because the game can'r handle the physics of refraction! It's like when you stand above water and poke a long stick into it, you'll see that when it breaks the surface it'll "bend" away under water. The same here, the real armored glass is so thick that the bar isn't visible when looking through the glass.

This is a case where they should have disregarded the drawings because it comes out incorrect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

@cichlidfan: It's areal pain in the *** to have that bar when trying to acquire a firing solution and a leading shot.

On the other hand since we don't know how it will look when ready it might not be as bas as the old "bar" :)

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All that talk about corkscrew , propeller physics mambo jambo , and they put a big bar in front of the revi.

@Nate--IRL-- you can raise your head(6dof ) but it's still a disadvantage to look over that bar.

Edited by otto