DCS Fw 190 D-9 Flight Manual

SimFreak

I don't have any problem with that.

It wasn't my concern.

I said it's authentic, dunno what's your problem?

I just don't understand why you keep "arguing" or mentioning that it might be a typo, compare it to other documents/occurencies and ask for an "expert" who could shed some insight here. Why, what additional insight do you hope to gain in this matter of the labelling of the device? Or maybe better: what IS your concern here?

Edited by Flagrum

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there's a reason why it was done this way, oh my gosh, sry doesn't happen again... :(

Over and out...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

P. 20: Ref "trim tab only adjustable on ground": Replace with "Elevator trim has a trim switch and indicator on the left hand cockpit panel." or similar.

P. 32: Ref Oil Temp range "min - 40, max -135" should read max "+135"

P 65: Ref "Two indicator strips indicate normal operating pressure of 1 – 2 kg/cm2", should read "1.3 - 1.7"

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the FuG16ZY - I tried to collect some information for a bit broader overview of the operation and the use of the radio. Perhaps someone might find some bits worth to be used to flesh out the manual a bit?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129912

Hi,

I guess you have it already :

Bordfunkgerät Fug 16 Z, ZS, ZE und ZY

November 1944 ( 37 Seiten )

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Funk/FuG16Z.pdf

FuG 16 ZY

Seite 15 : Flughöhen und Reichweiten

Seite 16 : Handhaben durch Flugzeugführer im Flug

Hi,

I guess you have it already :

Bordfunkgerät Fug 16 Z, ZS, ZE und ZY

November 1944 ( 37 Seiten )

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/Funk/FuG16Z.pdf

FuG 16 ZY

Seite 15 : Flughöhen und Reichweiten

Seite 16 : Handhaben durch Flugzeugführer im Flug

Hi Blech, nice found. Now i have sthing to read.

Danke Blech:thumbup:

• 3 months later...
Page 27

The V.D.M VS 111 propeller is made from wood not metal.

It does use wood as one of the materials but it has little else in common with a wood propeller.

It is actually a "natural composite propeller". Mt Propellers still does the same basic process today and holds the VDM patents IIRC. Of course the Mt Propeller uses modern materials such as Kevlar and the final finish is not as rubbery as the VDM.

http://www.mt-propeller.com/en/entw/blades.htm

The VDM blade is wrapped in a fine steel mesh, resin/cloth, and painted with a thick rubbery coating that is impregnated into the blade with heat and pressure. The result is a blade that retains the immunity to vibrational effects of the unlimited fatigue life of wood with a higher Coefficient of Power. It is much lighter than a metal propeller and in the event of a propeller strike offers most of the advantages of a wood propeller.

It is based on the Schwar's process.

It is a pretty good propeller system that is found on quite a few high performance racing and aerobatic machines today.

Answers to most important questions ATC can ask that every pilot should memorize:

1. No, I do not have a pen. 2. Indicating 250

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have a pdf-copy of

Flugzeung - Handbuch - 2190 D-9 Teil 0, 8A, 8C, 8E ,

Sonderwaffenlage, 1944

I dont mind if it is in german :smartass:

Joystick: VKB Gunfighter w. Space Combat Grip

Throttle: TM Warthog (#495)

Pedals: MFG Crosswind v2