Waypoint designate + TGP Issues: BUG?

SnakeEyes

Hey everyone!

I found something weird when I was trying to waypoint designate the TGP. It seems that it won't stay tracked on target, as soon as I hit designate it will slew to the point but it won't area or point track like it normally does. Is there anything that the new update does so that I need to do something extra or is it a bug? The point of interest of the track is at 15:08 in the cockpit. I have attached it.

Wypoint Designate + TGP Bug .trk

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh

Waypoint designate + TGP Issues: BUG?

Doesn’t waypoint designate only ‘designate’ the waypoint and not the target unless maybe the waypoint happens to be on the target?

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Try pressing TDC Depress with the TDC assigned to the FLIR page after it's been slewed to the waypoint.

yeah it moves too fast off target to do that unfortunately. I will try and see if I should mark a point first then waypoint des.

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh

yeah it moves too fast off target to do that unfortunately. I will try and see if I should mark a point first then waypoint des.

What do you mean it moves off target? It shouldn't do that unless you hit Undesignate.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Doesn’t waypoint designate only ‘designate’ the waypoint and not the target unless maybe the waypoint happens to be on the target?

No, pressing designate makes the selected waypoint the target. It should change from a circle to a diamond and the TGP slews and should lock in place. I have this happen all the time and the only way to get it to stay is to TDC depress. Seems like the TGP is not recognizing the designate as a type of TDC depress maybe?