X52 pinky switch shift

Download latest Logitech driver and software and enjoy. All work fine.

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/x52-space-flight-simulator-controller

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Try to reinstall drivers.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1374027&postcount=2

Install new drivers and software.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I use the pinky switch as a shift button on my X52 so I can assign dual use for every button on the stick/throttle. I used the logitech software to create a profile that has two columns (one without shift and one with shift). What I also do is go into DCS and remove all button assignments for that joystick, I control everything via the logitech software not DCS. In my case the only thing DCS is aware of is axis - everything else is sent to DCS as a key click from my joystick via the logitech software.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Doesn't work. Flat doesn't work. I've done the uninstall step by step, installed step by step, and the profile manager does not work properly. I mapped a switch for battery on, just in case. Doesn't work. Another button however will select AMRAAM that is mapped to do so.

Since battery on doesn't have anything mapped, I mapped it to left arrow, replacing the bank left command. The key command works, I am in mode one, mapped to mode one, etc. So when I try to use the profile it concerns me that I don't have full functionality.

Now I have everything else mapped in the DCS key mapper and that seems to work just fine. Until I attempt to use the pinky switch. It recognizes it to add as a modifier but when I add it as a modifier to, say joystick button 4, nothing happens. It shows it saved but it does not execute the command requested.

So I'm not making it work for some reason either way. I'd love for it to work through DCS but don't mind using the stick's software. I just really need more buttons, and the stick is designed for it - and works in other games.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, keep them coming. Someone has the answer I'm sure.

Hi all, I’m trying to figure out how to use the pinky to switch so I can program a second function for a button. I tried using the Saitek software and some controller options didn’t work so I programmed everything in DCS. Help greatly appreciated!

Try this.

No. 6 is the pinkie.

You have to assign it in the Saitek programmer before it will work in DCS.

Open profile editor, switch to grid view. Delete the Mode 1 + Pinkie, Mode 2 + Pinkie, Mode 3 + Pinkie. Save the profile with a name and close. Enable the saved profile for DCS.

This will enable your pinkey to be used as a modifier in DCS. (It sometimes gets corrupted with updates).

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

Glad you got it sorted.

It's a common fault and sometimes another update will cure it.

luckily it's easily rectified, if you know how.

Regards..

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..