P-51D Server Bulletins

Merlin-27

The DCS Israel server that xcom setup is well setup to handle different P51 requirements (as well as all other planes). There's a freefly area where P51s spawn with no weapons, a dogfight area for player P51s versus a pair of AI FW190-D9s, a ground attack area and also a PVP for P51 vs P51 match-ups. Server settings seem to be full realism as far as I can see. Don't know what the ping would be like for non-Euro players but I'm in Ireland and it's usually about ~60 ping for me.

So that would be...

1. DCS Israel Server

2. Time?

3. Duration?

4. Full Realism

5. Mixed Mission

...to make sure we have at least the essential items.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded the origional Stang Bang but after a few requests still couldnt work out where it went

Hey Taffy - wrote the original Stang bang mission and just updated it. If you need to know where it goes its not too hard.

As it is a multiplayer PvP mission, I recommend placing it here:

C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS\Missions where XXXX= your windows username.

Then you can access it either through the mission editor or host a MP session by starting a server and launching it through that.

Hope this helps.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Ok Gents,

I have a dedicated machine running a very simple A2A mission.

Will stay running with minor interruptions to tweak it a little here and there.

Enjoy!

1. Merlin's COMBAT SERVER

2. Running now

3. 24/7

4. Full Realism Settings

5. Mission Type (A2A-Co, A2A-Vs)

Info: 6 Client positions per side (Air Start) plus some random AI to interfere a little.

EDIT: If you have the Bare Metal skin you should see that for the RED side P-51, if not you will see the default green skinned US paint for Germany. Anxiously awaiting the flyable replacement for those spots.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Merlin been on the server runs well

Thanks, Taffy. I am open to suggestions for the mission if you come up with anything.

Will test this tonight! Thanks thumbup.gif

Think I might have been on this before and it was well done.

Yessir. Saw your name on the server log when I glanced at it. Thanks and feel free to send requests for content. Keep in mind it's a WIP. I'm trying to come up with stuff that could be easily interpreted as WW2-esque. Any 3D modelers out there making ground units? That would really make this amazing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

I am messing around with WW2 units... slowly... this picture is a little old... but fun none the less :)

flak_zpsad7a4395.jpeg

Thanks, Taffy. I am open to suggestions for the mission if you come up with anything.

Yessir. Saw your name on the server log when I glanced at it. Thanks and feel free to send requests for content. Keep in mind it's a WIP. I'm trying to come up with stuff that could be easily interpreted as WW2-esque. Any 3D modelers out there making ground units? That would really make this amazing.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I am messing around with WW2 units... slowly... this picture is a little old... but fun none the less :)

Dude! Very cool. I'd hate to see the range data for that big mofo. lol

We shall call it The SuperMega-Flugzeugabwehrkanone

Awesome work... please keep it up. Any progress on the flak project?

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Dude! Very cool. I'd hate to see the range data for that big mofo. lol

Awesome work... please keep it up. Any progress on the flak project?

The script one? Yeah, I just need to remember to post the mission lol... maybe tonight when I get home...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

RE-posting for changes.

2. Running now

3. 24/7 (For the Most Part)

4. Full Realism Settings

Info: 6 Client positions per side (Air Start) plus some random AI to interfere a little.

New Stuff: Air support event at bridge crossing near spawn point. Assist blue forces in eliminating the red armor preventing the crossing.

EDIT: If you have the Bare Metal skin you should see that for the RED side P-51, if not you will see the default green skinned US paint for Germany. Anxiously awaiting the flyable replacement for those spots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Merlin-27, Thanks dude I'll jump on it tonight one question I can hear the comm's for other pilots on my side can they hear my comm's? I can hear all there I really like this makes you feel like a real team and let others know what's happening.

Glad to hear it. I'm trying for a very immersive experience. Unless you are on TS you are only hearing the AI comms. I've incorporated some custom audio too... you just have to trigger it :smilewink: As far as human comms, we can hook you up with some Teamspeak access.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will look for these servers...sounds like some good fun...Is the TS3 address in the Server Description?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

"Peregrine Haunt: Shades of Raptors"

Going up now.

Duration depends on how long there are people flying in the server--generally, I leave it up until the last person leaves.

Max realism

Simple dogfight mission--two very close airfields, ground start. May change to air-start duelling mission if requested.

Ok Gents,

I have a dedicated machine running a very simple A2A mission.

Will stay running with minor interruptions to tweak it a little here and there.

Enjoy!

2. Running now

3. 24/7

4. Full Realism Settings

Managed to make it on today and had some fun with you guys...Next time I will hit TS3 too...Server ran fine...I even had a kill...Merlin I sent you a link to a couple of missions at our site if you are interested.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi Merlin,

I was flying on your server last night (European time) but (un)fortunately was on my own. :joystick: Reason was that I just got a 'new' stick from ebay, an MS FFB2. Great stick and much better than what I'd had before, but perhaps lucky for me I didn't encounter any opponent because it's all quite new.

Looking forward to flying together soon!

MAC

Managed to make it on today and had some fun with you guys...Next time I will hit TS3 too...Server ran fine...I even had a kill...Merlin I sent you a link to a couple of missions at our site if you are interested.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it! That one pair of AI 190's seemed to be a bit more challenging than I've seen before and we needed the extra help to finally knock them all down. :thumbup:

Thanks for the files. I will check them out.

We definitely saw some lag when a few people were firing at the same time last night but I'm not sure there is much we can do for that right now.

Hi Merlin,

I was flying on your server last night (European time) but (un)fortunately was on my own. :joystick: Reason was that I just got a 'new' stick from ebay, an MS FFB2. Great stick and much better than what I'd had before, but perhaps lucky for me I didn't encounter any opponent because it's all quite new.

Looking forward to flying together soon!

MAC

Sorry I missed ya, Mac. The map may have been "used up" by that point, I will make sure we have some opponents for you and the new flight stick next time. :) I'm also going to make an informative briefing map and attempt a kneeboard to help direct people to the AI action if there are no other clients flying on the server.

just found this thread, looking forward to the next gig

Excellent!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I was rolling in a ground target when another guy was engaging in a different area and getting AAA, I had to ro;; out due to the choppy frame rates,,, the smoke was also a contributer for sure. Once ground targets were out and some AI's were rolling,, seemed a bit smoother. Still amazed though how those AI's out climb you when they are smoking white and black and you have a fresh plane!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yeah I was rolling in a ground target when another guy was engaging in a different area and getting AAA, I had to ro;; out due to the choppy frame rates,,, the smoke was also a contributer for sure. Once ground targets were out and some AI's were rolling,, seemed a bit smoother. Still amazed though how those AI's out climb you when they are smoking white and black and you have a fresh plane!

I was in with Fakum, Merlin and 1 other, saw the ground attack in the distance while engaged with the 190s...Two 190s seemed to zero in on me and I was engaged with one of you guys in close quarters going after them over the top...that was pretty awesome...

I did not see any lag or FPS issues...but that could have been a different session after I left?

Edited by MegOhm_SD