P-51 Hotas Anyone?

P-51 Hotas Anyone?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. P-51 Hotas Anyone?

I am trying to determine if there is any interest in a P-51 HOTAS setup before gearing up for production. Throttle quadrant will be 100% to NAA drawings with minor material changes and additions to create a working USB controller. The control stick will be a floor mount unit with authentic grip and range of movement. Pricing is still up in the air at the moment, but would most likely be in the Warthog HOTAS range. Renders of the quadrant are shown here...the stick is still in work.

Let me know if you are interested....if there is enough interest, I will start small scale production.

1.thumb.jpg.3a2c9bce2c5069aa9972afc8b5d4753a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.a5282828ed1e9754f441de14d7f1d969.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.4905931198ced5d7e2b984c233052be3.jpg

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine many in the Il2 community would also be interested. This would be the very first WW2 throttle and stick!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

cant we get some love for a Huey Stick and collective?

would be very usefull for Black Shark allso.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

well that really looks nice....dont know whether i would buy it or not tbh....(cause im really satisfied with my TM Warthog right now)

what the market is really lacking i think, are pedals with hall sensors....there were those simpeds, but unfortunately they are not produced anymore...thats something i would buy in a second.

• ED Team
I can imagine many in the Il2 community would also be interested. This would be the very first WW2 throttle and stick!

There was these guys, but their website seems broken:

http://www.spitsim.co.uk/

Here are some images:

http://combatace.com/topic/73934-my-new-joystick/

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Happy to hear there is some interest...to be honest, I would be pushing ahead with the project in any case - as I want one for myself!

Not necessarily a throttle, as it is not very useful for jets that I fly. But I am interested at an authentic stick, what kind of gimbal system will it have?

Gimbal system will be a quad ball bearing setup using hall effect sensors. The stick is very much only at the concept stage right now, but I plan on keeping true to the actual P-51 setup... until it becomes cost prohibitive

cant we get some love for a Huey Stick and collective?

would be very usefull for Black Shark allso.

That may be a good third project (see No. 2 below)...but no promises until P-51 is complete. I don't want to turn this project into "vaporware" by not staying focused. If anyone has access to the original stick and collective, we should talk...I have access to a white light scanner and could create a 3D model for reverse engineering it.

well that really looks nice....dont know whether i would buy it or not tbh....(cause im really satisfied with my TM Warthog right now)

what the market is really lacking i think, are pedals with hall sensors....there were those simpeds, but unfortunately they are not produced anymore...thats something i would buy in a second.

Realistic P-51 Rudder is second on the priority list.... after the HOTAS

Thanks for the support guys. I will keep you all posted on the development.

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

Happy to hear there is some interest...to be honest, I would be pushing ahead with the project in any case - as I want one for myself!

Gimbal system will be a quad ball bearing setup using hall effect sensors. The stick is very much only at the concept stage right now, but I plan on keeping true to the actual P-51 setup... until it becomes cost prohibitive

That may be a good third project (see No. 2 below)...but no promises until P-51 is complete. I don't want to turn this project into "vaporware" by not staying focused. If anyone has access to the original stick and collective, we should talk...I have access to a white light scanner and could create a 3D model for reverse engineering it.

let me know when you are finished with you pedals!will you use hall effect sensors or pots?

I would be very interested in a desktop version rather then just a floor mounted one as I dont have space for a permant pit. Just to give you a ball park my price point for this kind of thing would be £250-300 (up to say $500) anything beyond that and it starts going above me. No expectations but thought it was good to give you an idea when you say about costs being prohibitive.

Maybe this is not the right place to ask. But i have a saitek x52 pro. How is it to use it with the huey.

And of course the P51

Your right this is the wrong place to ask

I would be very interested in a desktop version rather then just a floor mounted one as I dont have space for a permant pit. Just to give you a ball park my price point for this kind of thing would be £250-300 (up to say $500) anything beyond that and it starts going above me. No expectations but thought it was good to give you an idea when you say about costs being prohibitive.

Whilst a desk mount version is more practical in many cases, it kind of defeats the purpose of an accurately modelled stick.

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

Whilst a desk mount version is more practical in many cases, it kind of defeats the purpose of an accurately modelled stick.

Thats a fair point, Practicality has to come into it when you have a house the size of a tin can though :p

That said if there was an option of a floor mount or nothing I couldnt rule it out providing that storage was an option.

Food for thought :)

Pman

I'd say if you have room to store an umbrella then you should probably be able to store a floor mounted stick, as logn as you can detach the base

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I would totally buy this for the price I just bought a TM Warthog (~$400, although $500 seems reasonable)...but one condition...Force feedback integration is a must!

The market is wide open for FFB flight sticks right now with the discontinuation of the Logitech G940, btw.

let me know when you are finished with you pedals!will you use hall effect sensors or pots?

Definitely hall effect sensors...

I would totally buy this for the price I just bought a TM Warthog (~$400, although $500 seems reasonable)...but one condition...Force feedback integration is a must!

The market is wide open for FFB flight sticks right now with the discontinuation of the Logitech G940, btw.

Unfortunately, force feedback is not in the plans at the moment. I don't forsee being able to come in at the price point I'm aiming for with ffb implemented. Also, to be honest ffb is beyond my capability as far as the software/firmware goes.

I'm hoping to have a proof of concept 3d model of the stick ready to show next week. Current plan is to have a "socket" based pedestal which will allow some interchangeability to different sticks/grips in the future.

LOGICNC.COM

The Next Logical Step

Is there any idea of a price range that this would go to?

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

This looks very cool, but such a beautiful piece of hardware without ffb doesn't make sense.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Maybe a ffb version could come as an addon? If you plan on making a base pedestal you could offer a non-ffb one now and a ffb enabled one later.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.