Please Help w/ extracting DDI to 2 USB monitors

No joy searching for a solution to extract Hornet's DDI to 2

external USB monitors ( Lilliput 8" 4:3 Um-80/c Mini USB Monitor(non-touch Screen) ) to pair with 2 Thrustmaster MFD.

running WIN 10, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, Acer 34 Predator main display 3440x1440. 2T SSD. TM Hotas Cougar.

thank you in advance!:thumbup:

Edited by tsohg2701

See https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

And the center one is: CENTER_MFCD

Oh, and you need the DisplayLink drivers installed.

And this thread as well: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3537988&postcount=1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 1 year later...

lua.file name saved :            TaylorMFD1.lua

in lua.file                  :             /_ =function (p) return p; end

name = ( ' TaylorMFD1 ' )

correct? thx 

Should be no spaces Between the ( and the ' and the name.  so ('TaylorMFD1')  instead of ( ' TaylorMFD1 ' ).  At least thats how mine are and they are working.  However Im not that proficient at luas, so not sure if im right that it has to be that way. 

The last 2 lines are superfluous, although they might not cause a problem.

But you have set the width of the Center view to 8560. That looks wrong. If your main monitor has a width of 3440 as you write, and you want the main view to have the full surface of the main monitor then the width of Center should be 3440.

The x value for LEFT_MFCD looks wrong too, as it is the same as the x value for Center. The y values for the 2 MFCD's look too big but I cannot say what they should be, as you have not shown how the 3 monitors are arranged in Windows, nor how you have set the screen size in Options/System.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

6 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

The last 2 lines are superfluous, although they might not cause a problem.

But you have set the width of the Center view to 8560. That looks wrong. If your main monitor has a width of 3440 as you write, and you want the main view to have the full surface of the main monitor then the width of Center should be 3440.

The x value for LEFT_MFCD looks wrong too, as it is the same as the x value for Center. The y values for the 2 MFCD's look too big but I cannot say what they should be, as you have not shown how the 3 monitors are arranged in Windows, nor how you have set the screen size in Options/System.

LeCuvier, sorry I failed to mentioned my setup upgraded to a 5 monitors thus the changed in values. My bad ! 🙂 

ok,  so your overall screen size in DCS World Options/Systems should be 8560 wide by 2040 high and you use the 3 big monitors combined for the DCS World main window..

In that configuration the y values for your MFCD's make sense. But their x values would put them underneath the leftmost big monitor (#3) if my understanding is right.

I don't have the luxury of 3 big screens so I cannot validate what I'm saying.

But, as I said, the last 2 lines in your LUA file are useless. See my file below.

Comparing with my files and ED stock files, I see a possibly significant difference. This is one of the ED stock files:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD');
Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = screen.width / 3;
          y = 0;
          width = screen.width / 3;
          height = screen.height;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.aspect / 3;
     }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 0;
     y = 0;
     height = screen.height;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = screen.width *(2 / 3);
     y = 0;
     height = screen.height;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

1. Look at the curly braces, they are positioned differently!

2. The stock file has no commas after the closing curly braces.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

1. Your .lua file starts with a "/" which doesn' seem right. I think that's a syntax error which would prevent the file from showing in the dropdown list. Sorry I didn't spot that earlier.

2. The Y value for "RIGHT_MFCD" is = 2040. If your total screen height is 2040 then this Viewport would be invisible as its upper edge is at the bottom of the overall screen.
Your file is otherwise almost the same as what I posted and my display exports all work fine.

Note: Your custom monitor setup files can be saved under "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup\". But they also work in the game folder.

LeCuvier

The Y values of the MFCD viewports would place them outside the available Y space. The Y coordinate has the zero point at the top of the overall screen.

The viewport CENTER starts at Y = 0 ( = top) and stretches down to Y = 1440. If you want the MFCD viewports underneath, their Y values should be something like 1500, so they stretch down from Y = 1500 to Y = 2025. Not sure if this issue makes the file fail though.

Next point wouldn't cause a technical issue:
Your two MFCD's, with X = 0 and X = 1075, would appear underneath the leftmost big monitor. If you want them underneath the center monitor, the X values should be somewhere between 2560 and (2560 + 3440 - 525).

There are things I don't know and cannot try, for example: Is a total screen width of 8560 allowed?

LeCuvier

• 1 month later...

LeCuvier :

Adjusted x and y values as per your advice... thank you so much for taking the time to assist me with DDI extractions .

You're the man Lecuvier !!

Questions:

1) how to adjust the F18, it is now off center ( to the left) as you can see in the picture.

2) on my 3rd main monitor, there a black bar going down on far right,3  inches wide  ( tried to adjust the total resolutions of the 3 main monitors in Sim setting, but unable to expand )

3) HUD symbology , lines and numbers thicker and not as defined as in the DDI 

otherwise, its all good .

Once again Thank you  for your help !

IMG_4263.jpg

Edited by tsohg2701
clarification

Glad to see you made it work. But you are a big step ahead of me - how did you extract the cat?

Your questions:

1. Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that the F/A-18 cockpit is off-center to the left?

2. I cannot make out where that black bar is. But I could not help you with that as I don't have the same set-up. It's trial and error 😞

3. You are saying that the lines on the HUD are too thick and blurry. I can see that. Are they the same as what you would see on a single-monitor set-up?
   I think I've seen a mod for that, will try to find it.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Re question 3, it seems that this is a common issue for people with high-resolution displays.
There is a user mod on the download site that you might want to try: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301897/

LeCuvier

• 2 weeks later...