Digital MFD Cards - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
Mudflymax

Default Digital MFD Cards

Hey there,

I wonder if it would be possible to make a script, wich allows you to show mappings of TM MFDs on second monitor. Like "digital MFD Cards" (The most simple one would probably be a window showing a png or jpg). I´m no native english speaker and it is difficult for me to explain Can anybody unterstand what I´m talking about? Are there any talented Coders out there how can do that ?

Thanks
Mudflymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Home Fries

https://github.com/ScottyMac52/MFDisplay
It's still very much a work in progress, but it does exactly what you're looking for.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #3
Mudflymax

Yes, that is exactly what i was looking for...amazing tool!
Thank you very much for sharing Home Fries!!!
Mudflymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
hansangb
Veteran

Hmmm, I wonder, is it just a static image? Even with VR, I'd love to be able to see the MFDs. I peek through the bridge of my nose. I'll have to give it a shot if USB Lilliput drivers play nice with Rift. They haven't for three years so I"m not holding out hope. LOL. Although if it works, I could go with a VGA/HDMI small monitors. Hmm, another thing to check out. Thank you HomeFries.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
Home Fries

It is just a static image, though you can tweak the XML config to position the individual MFDs across your monitors. They don't need to be part of the monitors covered by DCS (in fact, they should be separate).

And thank mmcintosh; he's the author. FWIW, we're trying to get it so we can launch the appropriate overlays from within my TARGET profile.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs

Last edited by Home Fries; 01-16-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:52 AM   #6
hansangb
Veteran

Are you trying to make the static images be context aware? So if you drill down, the static image would change? Or just aircraft aware at the main MFD "page"
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is online now   Reply With Quote