Add 3D ground ogject

_Heater_

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at "RULESOOKT.DOC"

(Google translate from Russian)

Smoke Separate object that is drawn from the point of occurrence of smoke. Construction: in 3ds max set point emits smoke using Helpers> Point. And call it "smoke" (without the quotes). It can be outside Object Bounding Box.V structtable.sht in the parameters of your object, set classname = "LSmoker";

This smoke from the chimney, but I think the type of this have to do and you can write the appropriate script

Or you can try the water to make translucent objects and animate them in the argument like a radar antenna

• 10 months later...

For at least simple model insertions, you don't actually need to edit the game databases - If you search the Scripts/Database luas you can find the source for 'add_surface_unit', which goes and adds the unit to all existing countries. With a simple directory structure in DCS World\Mods\tech\YourModel:

\entry.lua
\Shapes\YourModel.edm
\Textures\someTexture.jpg

And with entry.lua as:

mount_vfs_model_path    (current_mod_path.."/Shapes/");
mount_vfs_texture_path  (current_mod_path.."/Textures/");

res = {};

GT_t.ws = 0;
set_recursive_metatable(res, GT_t.generic_stationary)
set_recursive_metatable(res.chassis, GT_t.CH_t.STATIC);
res.chassis.life = 10

res.Name = "YourModelName";
res.DisplayName = _("YourModelName");
res.Rate = 1;

res.visual.shape = "YourModel";

res.DetectionRange  = 0;
res.ThreatRange = 0;
res.mapclasskey = "P0091000076";
res.attribute = {wsType_Ground,wsType_Tank,wsType_Gun,wsType_GenericFort,
               "Fortifications",
               };
res.category = "Fortification";

add_surface_unit(res)

I've found that I can add static models in under any country, under the "Structures" category in the mission editor.

This is from an amalgamation of posts I've found, and I can't yet explain the significance of much of it, but it seems to work. After working this out I found Joey45's post https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2654760&postcount=4 but that also seems to have some plugin-definition code, and I'm not sure where/what that affects (I've never seen a plugin management screen in game?). So haven't included it here.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Is there a written tutorial for creating a static object? Maybe a written and YouTube that. Go hand in hand

• Like 1

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.