Ramp start on the Stennis

xSCAR45

So I haven't played the Hornet module for a couple months and it looks like ED has changed some things, which is good and bad.

For starters, when I select "start from ramp" on the Stennis and load in it puts me somewhat in the middle of the carrier. Why? This happens no matter what ramp I start off in. And also it doesn't matter which ramp I start from since it always puts me in the same parking spot. WHY? :protest:

This is so annoying! Is there a way around this?

:captain: Modules: F/A-18C, Flaming Cliffs III, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, Nevada, Normandy :captain:

Really, nothing has changed. Where are you trying to start from?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm trying to start from where the elevators are so I can maneuver the Hornet for a catshot. I suppose I could do it where it starts me now, which is between the cat and the elevator but it kills immersion and its a very tight turn.

:captain: Modules: F/A-18C, Flaming Cliffs III, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, Nevada, Normandy :captain:

Originally, we could never start on elevators. There's a lot of manual ME editing that needs to happen in order to start on an elevator. See link below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3626642&postcount=8

Per ED, a new carrier is in the works so I'm sure these issues will be resolved.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

ACTUAL_CARRIER_TOPOLOGY.png

Spawning on the carrier has some pretty basic rules for ramp starts. It will spawn you based on where objects are at on the carrier and when you spawn.

Spawning at mission start: 4 spawns on the "street" section. After the mission has started you cannot spawn there.

Spawning at any time: Elevator 2, 3, and 4 each have two spawn points next to each other. It will always spawn on elevator 2 first, then 3/4 (I forget).

Some caveats, spawning may be different with the Tomcat due to its size. Forrestal class will probably have a different setup due to its elevator configuration. Plus ED might add/change spawns in the future, but this is how it currently works (2.5.4)

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Spawning on the carrier has some pretty basic rules for ramp starts. It will spawn you based on where objects are at on the carrier and when you spawn.

Spawning at mission start: 4 spawns on the "street" section. After the mission has started you cannot spawn there.

Spawning at any time: Elevator 2, 3, and 4 each have two spawn points next to each other. It will always spawn on elevator 2 first, then 3/4 (I forget).

Some caveats, spawning may be different with the Tomcat due to its size. Forrestal class will probably have a different setup due to its elevator configuration. Plus ED might add/change spawns in the future, but this is how it currently works (2.5.4)

Any idea on how to get the the other element(wingmen 3 & 4) in my flight to spawn? If I block the street with objects, I can spawn on elev 2 with my wingman, but if I add the other element to the flight, nobody spawns.