Multiple DCS World accounts on one computer...?

Looking for some guidance here - I have a project where I need to have a separate DCS World account (with separate purchased module serial numbers) but they will reside on the same computer. Can I just log in and out of the accounts using the same base install and DCS World will just recognize the different user - or will that cause a problem with authorizations? I did a little Googling, but I’m not sure if the advice still holds true that maybe I can have different Windows User accounts that will keep the registry/serial numbers separate? But could I still use the same install? I’m trying to avoid having two redundant installs on the same computer.

Thanks!

BeachAV8R

Looking for some guidance here - I have a project where I need to have a separate DCS World account (with separate purchased module serial numbers) but they will reside on the same computer. Can I just log in and out of the accounts using the same base install and DCS World will just recognize the different user - or will that cause a problem with authorizations? I did a little Googling, but I’m not sure if the advice still holds true that maybe I can have different Windows User accounts that will keep the registry/serial numbers separate? But could I still use the same install? I’m trying to avoid having two redundant installs on the same computer.

Thanks!

BeachAV8R

Somewhat. I just tried it. It bugs the second account about serial numbers from unpurchased, installed modules.

It did fill in serial numbers from Steam, purchases. I skipped because I was afraid they'd be transferred...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It bugs the second account about serial numbers from unpurchased, installed modules.

Yeah, that was what I thought might be concerning. I have a second DCS store account set up for my son, and have purchased some modules for him to use in the future - and I'd like for him to be able to use his modules on my laptop, but occasionally I'll need to use MY modules on that laptop as well. It would be nice if both accounts could share the same data (base install) without having to have separate installs. I will try the multiple Windows login accounts to see if that might be a workaround. As I understand it, DCS DRM uses your hardware to generate sort of a profile..so I wonder if that will still present a problem - two accounts that are running on the same hardware..

Yeah, that was what I thought might be concerning. I have a second DCS store account set up for my son, and have purchased some modules for him to use in the future - and I'd like for him to be able to use his modules on my laptop, but occasionally I'll need to use MY modules on that laptop as well. It would be nice if both accounts could share the same data (base install) without having to have separate installs. I will try the multiple Windows login accounts to see if that might be a workaround. As I understand it, DCS DRM uses your hardware to generate sort of a profile..so I wonder if that will still present a problem - two accounts that are running on the same hardware..
Hmm...

Different Windows accounts will have different Save Games folders. I can't remember what DCS stores in the registry though. I think you're on to something. I would NEVER let anybody use my Windows account anyway.

You're worried about disk space, right?

Well, you can pretty much trick DCS by using symbolic links/hard links to "share" folders/data. I have both stable and Open Beta. But they share mods, control settings, logbook, etc. That's equal for both versions anyway, like the Skyhawk.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk