Tankers

mistralol

So one of the practical reasons to have combined arms would be to control a tanker. Unfortunately the moment a tanker is controlled in multiplayer is the same moment that the tanker removes its self from the comm's menu and stops tanking.

Does anyone know of any work arounds for this problem so the tanker doesn't stop tanking?

Huh, didn't know this was a thing, but tested it and it sadly is the way it works, because when you give an order via combined arms it wipes its whole flight plan, so it no longer has the task of tanking. Same process with the AWACS and other aircraft. I guess you have to have a triggered action, which to activate, so it can do its task again.

This is such a shame... just another downing moment for the HUGE potential of Combined Arms.....

Combined Arms would be 10000000% better if there was an UI for when using the CA slots to give AI different commands. I don't really understand why there isn't one, because most commands can be dynamically given trough scripts, so why not make it native with an in-game UI.

Specific Attack Commands. New whole routes with the ability to set orbits, refuels and landings. Don't even get me started on ground vehicles

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Yup. You can see why I am trying to raise a discussion / can you fix this kinda topic for it. Cause it would be really good in a multiplayer mission to be able to drag a fuel tanker around it opens up loads of options for longer distance flying and staying airborn.

What I think would be really cool would be able to push commands like "Tanker -a" and "JTAC" like we can in the mission editor. So we could say Fly WP1 -> 2 -> Become a Tanker -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 etc... and stays a tanker though WP 3, 4, 5 etc...

If it is replacing the whole flight plan for the WP nav's like it is in the mission editor most of the stuff is probably already in the code for it.