Gunnery tips?

kengou

I really enjoy flying the MiG-15 and I can get snapshot or tracking positions on the AI Sabres pretty frequently. But I can not connect with the guns! I try to leave the gyro caged until I'm lining up a shot, then match wingspan and fire, but the gyro sight bounces all over the place. With the gyro caged, I'm still having trouble connecting, mostly because the firing rate of the Mig's cannons are somewhat slow.

Anyone got tips?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

With those old gyro sights, I think they are best for relatively stationary targets so that you can calculate lead on planes such as bombers. I don't think they are good for dogfights where they are moving all over the place due to high-G situations. Maybe someone who has been successful doing that can chime in.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

It's frustrating because I can get the Sabres in my crosshairs for seconds at a time, over and over, and I try to lead them with the fixed sight as well as I can for a deflection shot, but none of my bullets ever connect. Last 4 or 5 instant action dogfights I keep getting opportunity after opportunity but end up running out of ammo without a single hit.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

I wish it could combine the fixed and gyro site. Makes it so much easier to both the ADL and the general trend of movement from the gyro. I believe the Sabre does this?

We have it hard, which makes the inevitable success all the more rewarding.

There’s in person on line that does amazing deflection shooting with it, I’ll see if I can find them on YouTube. They almost never miss. I wonder how they got that good

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Then you need more practise. Build a quick mission for you with unlimited fuel and ammo and then do some training.

I personally always use fixed sights.

Unlimited ammo practice is a good idea, thanks.

Use fixed sights and get a feel for the range that both the 23mm and 37mm guns shell trajectory comes into play. Also keep in mind the 37mm shell is a lower velocity so it requires more time to arrive on target. Pick your shots as you don't have very much ammunition to play with.