DCS: A-7E Corsair II by FlyingIron Simulations

fl0w

That was pretty cool . Thanks !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So you don't want new developers joining the DCS community?

My feelings share with many in this community is that we have more modules than we can master in years, however we would pay to third parties providing a proper "context" to use them (e.g. terrain and AI assers). This is a business still to be explored

A-7 certainly is a prolific airframe that has proven very capable. But it's honestly a really ugly plane to me, and we already have lots of aircraft that can drop bombs, and one (F-14) with the same era of avionics. Can somebody "sell" me on why the A-7 is going to be worth getting into? What makes it cool?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

F-16 certainly is a prolific airframe that has proven very capable. But it's honestly a really ugly plane to me, and we already have lots of aircraft that can employ advanced weapons, and one (F-18 ) with the same era of avionics. Can somebody "sell" me on why the F-16 is going to be worth getting into? What makes it cool?

See what I did there?

See what I did there?

While both planes are awesome (F-16 and F/A-18) I would have agreed that instead of the F-16, I would have preferred a different aircraft be developed that was a little more unique to DCS, since Viper and Hornet have such overlapping capabilities and similarities.

I have no doubt many people love the A-7, more power to them. I'm asking for those of us without any connection to this airframe already, what can you tell me about it that would get me excited about trying it out?

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

While both planes are awesome (F-16 and F/A-18) I would have agreed that instead of the F-16, I would have preferred a different aircraft be developed that was a little more unique to DCS, since Viper and Hornet have such overlapping capabilities and similarities.

I have no doubt many people love the A-7, more power to them. I'm asking for those of us without any connection to this airframe already, what can you tell me about it that would get me excited about trying it out?

The problem with that question is that it's too subjective to answer. Some might want it because they love doing A2G or naval ops, or because they like older airframes that bridge the gap between 4th and 3rd gen jets like the Tomcat and Viggen do, or because they are from countries that flew it, or all of the above.

How about that: (citation from wikipedia)

It was the first U.S. aircraft to have a modern head-up display, (made by Marconi-Elliott),[12] now a standard instrument which displayed information such as dive angle, airspeed, altitude, drift and aiming reticle.

A-7 certainly is a prolific airframe that has proven very capable. But it's honestly a really ugly plane to me, and we already have lots of aircraft that can drop bombs, and one (F-14) with the same era of avionics. Can somebody "sell" me on why the A-7 is going to be worth getting into? What makes it cool?

First off, as you pointed out, it is ugly, which is why they lovingly refer to it as the SLUF!

Secondly, you don't need to be sold on this plane at all.

And last but most importantly, IT HAS A TAIL HOOK!! What more is there to know??!! :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm worried that they will be learning making that plane for DCS and even experienced 3rd-party struggle with their planes. Don't get me wrong but i just don't want another Alpha plane for years, so for me its a NO GO until it has hi-fidelity flight model and all other stuff. Lessons learned thanks to other dev's, vote with your wallet.

• ED Team
Where is official announcement from the developer?

It's a moody plane.

Hi

license agreement was just signed late last week. We'll make the official announcement in the newsletter this week.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Very cool, this will flesh out the nav-air infrastructure very nicely!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I don't have any connection to this airframe so i would say:

-Carier landing with old manual jet is demanding, landing on a boat with Hornet is easy.

-Maneuvering and flying classic non-FBW jest is demanding, flying FBW Hornet is easy.

-Self defence against old MiGs maneuvering and shooting guns and rear aspect Sidewinders is a quintesence of combat flight simulators, shooting AMRAAM from 10-15 miles and run away is ... different.

-Delivering manually iron bombs dodging AAA with old jet is exciting, delivering Hornet's GPS guided stealth cruise missiles from outside of air defence by typing lines of coordinates on a keyboard is ... let's say, less exciting :music_whistling:

I like the Hornet but to be objective - it's completely different. It's 1960s era jet, that's why it's different.

cheers

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

oh no!

thats another aircraft poor razbam wont be able to do :megalol:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Wow, FlyingIron is also developing a F-117 Nighthawk! :thumbup: But probably just for X-Plane... :cry:

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

The 117 is on hold according to their facebook page.

Would make a lot more sense to have that one in DCS instead of X-Plane anyway... that was literally the first time ever I've seen the cockpit from inside when I checked their page. Thought it was still totally classified, even though out of service.

Looking forward to the A-7E however. Was doing so to the RAZBAM one already, but I guess another dev simply would make it possible to have it earlier at least and we'll see how good these guys are at systems modeling. Their only available X-Plane planes to date are two warbirds and a powered glider. So this is a completely new step for them in literally all aspects except for basic aerodynamics and steam gauges.

And last but most importantly, IT HAS A TAIL HOOK!! What more is there to know??!! megalol.gif

I'll throw the A/G radar and a TFR in the bowl as well. And this thing has a bloody good TWR for something that's not having AB. She's pretty capabale when not carrying a truckload of ordnance.

Oh, and it's another Corsair. We'll eventually have the Corsair and the Corsair II flying in formation... I mean, how cool is that? dealwithit.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The problem with that question is that it's too subjective to answer. Some might want it because they love doing A2G or naval ops, or because they like older airframes that bridge the gap between 4th and 3rd gen jets like the Tomcat and Viggen do, or because they are from countries that flew it, or all of the above.

For my part I just want to share a flattop with all the aircraft that populated carrier air wings when I was ten years old and dreaming of being a Tomcat driver, back in 1983. F-14, A-7, A/KA/EA-6, C/E-2, and SH-3.

I want the complete set. ^_^

And if someone ever does Zeros for the Marianas map, then maybe we could re-enact The Final Countdown. Only without the cop-out ending. :pilotfly:

So in the end, RAZBAM will not do it ?

Well, there are the A,B,C,D versions, not just the E so who knows. But at a guess they will move on to other stuff.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

oh no!

thats another aircraft poor razbam wont be able to do :megalol:

IKR... :music_whistling:

Wow, FlyingIron is also developing a F-117 Nighthawk! :thumbup: But probably just for X-Plane... :cry:

I think there is enough out there for (the other sim), plus they probably don't have to document where they got the info as well as for DCS. Plus no detailed weapon systems modeling needed for other sims or RCS/radar etc. I mean there is some info about IRADS but probably not enough to a great job.

Edited by Harlikwin