Official 'Share your Office/Cockpit' thread

NineLine

May I ask why you say VR cockpit ? With the goggles ON you wont see any of those MFDs !?

Or am I missing something.

BTW, it really looks great ! Damn Nice !!

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Nice Setup!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

May I ask why you say VR cockpit ? With the goggles ON you wont see any of those MFDs !?

Or am I missing something.

BTW, it really looks great ! Damn Nice !!

Well, I don't see my stick, throttle, pedals, and keyboard in VR either, yet I am somehow able to use them. So with the MFDs, their only purpose is to provide the physical buttons to match those in DCS (not sure if you assumed that they would display anything on them - they don't).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Those MFDs are only displaying printed cardboard screens, they are in place entirely for the pushbuttons.

Correct.

Nice Setup!

Thanks!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I used that stick for a long time, its a good starter for sure... and must be a tough neighbourhood with the weapon on the desk :D

Actually I have the knife out because I just got this chair and had to cut open the box.

IF I wound up having to defend my house I would be going for the 12 gauge behind me, not a buck knife ;)

I used that stick for a long time, its a good starter for sure... and must be a tough neighbourhood with the weapon on the desk :D

That's an ''Uncle Henry'' style knife. Every other person carries them here in Texas. My dad has gone through dozens of them over the years as utility knives.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

IF I wound up having to defend my house I would be going for the 12 gauge behind me, not a buck knife ;)

Ahh. I was wondering how to defend your home with a ball-pen and a cola-can.

Manual for my version of RS485-Hardware, contact: tekkx@dresi.de

Please do not PM me with DCS-BIOS-related questions. If the answer might also be useful to someone else, it belongs in a public thread where it can be discovered by everyone using the search function. Thank You.

• 3 weeks later...

Work in Progress, but I am getting where I want it to be. I'm not the worlds best carpenter, but so far so good. The idea is to have even in VR everything where its supposed to be. So the measurements are more or less from the F-16, Switches and Instruments are folloing. Instuments for Show only, oft course. Everything is getting lined out with Aluminium to have an authentic feel. So far...94c36d9a40a2d1d2c05745020f324974.jpg3d2807d029eed92a0824c262258a5cc5.jpg8441bc1d28af3b4e91020c187d68debc.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

VR Simpit ready for Viper

A surprise was to me, that with the seat physically in the right position for the F-16, the perspective in the VR cockpit felt completely right and fantastic.

Whereas with the seat in a physically up position, the perspective in the VR cockpit felt a bit off.

Bild_2_1.thumb.jpg.8dd71a59caefdaa215ff9ffe356188a9.jpg

Bild_2_2.thumb.jpg.ec73658449b400dd58ffab53ae1acd58.jpg

Bild_2_3.thumb.jpg.01c48aa6126b61261fbcb171d02b44a0.jpg

Bild_2_4.thumb.jpg.66319600bbecea4bfd7aefbf5b67cfdd.jpg

• Like 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

A surprise was to me, that with the seat physically in the right position for the F-16, the perspective in the VR cockpit felt completely right and fantastic.

Whereas with the seat in a physically up position, the perspective in the VR cockpit felt a bit off.

How did you modify the speedmaster flight this way?

I am not using the center mount anymore as it is always oscillating. The right mount is very uncomfortable.

Only the left one for the throttle is usable. But i see you did a lot of modifications...how?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The all important drink/cup holder. Love the attention to detail. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

There´s a small lever at the seat to adjust the seat position for F16C or AV8B and other jets.

Yes, the center mount of the Speedmaster Flight seat is not usable without modification -

I´ve used it with the metal base plate of the Mongoos T50-CM2 base, which fits as well for the WarBRD base and additional columns to fix it on a wooden plate to the ground.

The same oscillating problem appeared at the right stick mounted console.

It was difficult to postion the T-50-CM2 gimble in the right position for the F-16, but fits very well now. Then as well did some stabilization to wooden ground plates.

On top of the right side mount, I´ve cut out a piece of the TM Warthog metal plate to cover the screws and get a plain table surface to put the small keyboard and touchpad on to it.

The small keyboard I only use for GUI commands, like Comm-menu, refuel and rearm, map, Esc-button, kneeboard commands, F1 - F12 keys, etc. and as an exception from the concept the space bar as ejection seat.

seat_lever.jpg.af4bb4b319a9dcbf330861a2f15a7488.jpg

center_mount_stabilization.jpg.f89975486a1c1780e59efbd389001f62.jpg

F16C_seat_position.jpg.667c570f93dabebd939bd4a02f8501d1.jpg

AV8B_MiG21bis_seat_position.jpg.a30592bcfdebf2ae7f3f69536ae17292.jpg

sidemount_position_1.jpg.edc74aa038687035c88bbacb3126c7ff.jpg

sidemount_position_2.jpg.1fdf4c048fa931ccb4fc8175da81e4c8.jpg

sidemount_position_3.jpg.99df7321de35c60e3499e1378a5269fe.jpg

sidemount_stabilization.jpg.f17c5641cadac6d678fafef0161bea72.jpg

Edited by - Voight -

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

There´s a small lever at the seat to adjust the seat position for F16C or AV8B and other jets.

Yes, the center mount of the Speedmaster Flight seat is not usable without modification -

I´ve used it with the metal base plate of the Mongoos T50-CM2 base, which fits as well for the WarBRD base and additional columns to fix it on a wooden plate to the ground.

It was difficult to postion the T-50-CM2 gimble in the right position for the F-16, but fits very well now. Then as well did some stabilization to wooden ground plates.

On top of the right side mount, I´ve cut out a piece of the TM Warthog metal plate to cover the screws and get a plain table surface to put the small keyboard and touchpad on to it.

The small keyboard I only use for GUI commands, like Comm-menu, refuel and rearm, map, Esc-button, kneeboard commands, F1 - F12 keys, etc. and as an exception from the concept the space bar as ejection seat.

Hi...thanks for the details....i would like to copy your ideas.

Would you like to share where did you source the columns and its dimentions?

I have the warbrd base for center mount aircraft (fa-18/av-8b/ww2 etc) and the fssb r3 for the f16.

thanks again

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

Hi...thanks for the details....i would like to copy your ideas.

Would you like to share where did you source the columns and its dimentions?

I have the warbrd base for center mount aircraft (fa-18/av-8b/ww2 etc) and the fssb r3 for the f16.

thanks again

Most parts I got from the hardware store. You just need to be a bit creative and black paint color. The columns are metal table legs, 30cm - I used them upside down. With a wooden plate on the ground you could adjust the thickness needed to make it a solid and fit construction.

The metal base plate of the WarBRD base is too big to fit on the center mount plate of the Speedmaster Flight Seat. You maybe have to construct some extra metal wings to stabilize the WarBRD base.

In anyway there need to be drilled holes with a metal drill into the Speedmaster Flight seat.

Oh man, what a pit :clap_2:, you are a genius ! In terms of aesthetic, ergonomics, durability - it looks just right :worthy: .

Congratulations! Well done Sir.

Thank you! :-)

I was already thinking of adding some biomutant parts painted in black to turn the VR Pit into some kind of functional H.R. Giger piece of art.

Most parts I got from the hardware store. You just need to be a bit creative and black paint color. The columns are metal table legs, 30cm - I used them upside down. With a wooden plate on the ground you could adjust the thickness needed to make it a solid and fit construction.

The metal base plate of the WarBRD base is too big to fit on the center mount plate of the Speedmaster Flight Seat. You maybe have to construct some extra metal wings to stabilize the WarBRD base.

In anyway there need to be drilled holes with a metal drill into the Speedmaster Flight seat.

Thanks again...

I have found this table leg (see picture)

Should be similar to yours.

But I don't understand how you did attach it to the joystick base...I see a sort of bolt coming from the leg "top" but I cannot understand how did you build that. It is easy to screw bolts in the top leg?yours is it done of plastic?

The one I found is metal.

About the joystick base I bought the standard one from virpil

3a8397d007d768f032eb2ac42b65a3bb.jpg

Hi VirusAM,

yes, the table leg is exactly the one.

To fix it with the Virpil base, hollow wall anchors of metal do a perfect job:

DV_8_8229677_01_4c_DE_20190225084700.jpg

Just hammer the hollow wall anchor through the plastic hole in the table leg - it will fit nice and tight. Be careful when fixing it, I´ve broke one caused by screwing to tight.

Before adding the table legs, I´ve fixed the Virpil base to the Speedmaster flight seat center mount with four screws ( see picture ). Make sure that the base is perfectly aligned to your seating position straight ahead, when you drill the holes through the Speedmaster flight seat center mount plate.

Finally the wooden plate on the ground got the dimensions of 69 x 46 x 2 cm to fit into the inner frame of the Speedmaster flight seat. To be sure, please measure again the inner frame.

In result the center stick is rocksolid... not the slightest oscillation anymore.

IMG_2915.JPG.00e753d2106be0e47cd51f08c242ea32.JPG

Hi VirusAM,

yes, the table leg is exactly the one.

To fix it with the Virpil base, hollow wall anchors of metal do a perfect job:

DV_8_8229677_01_4c_DE_20190225084700.jpg

Just hammer the hollow wall anchor through the plastic hole in the table leg - it will fit nice and tight. Be careful when fixing it, I´ve broke one caused by screwing to tight.

Before adding the table legs, I´ve fixed the Virpil base to the Speedmaster flight seat center mount with four screws ( see picture ). Make sure that the base is perfectly aligned to your seating position straight ahead, when you drill the holes through the Speedmaster flight seat center mount plate.

Finally the wooden plate on the ground got the dimensions of 69 x 46 x 2 cm to fit into the inner frame of the Speedmaster flight seat. To be sure, please measure again the inner frame.

In result the center stick is rocksolid... not the slightest oscillation anymore.

thanks man, you really saved my life.

Also lowering the seat with the right lever made my position much more confortable with the right stick for the Viper.

I ordered the base plate from Virpil and will source the components from the local hardware store in the next few days.

Then in the second phase i will do the same for the left and right plates.

Edited by VirusAM

thanks man, you really saved my life.

Also lowering the seat with the right lever made my position much more confortable with the right stick for the Viper.

I ordered the base plate from Virpil and will source the components from the local hardware store in the next few days.

Then in the second phase i will do the same for the left and right plates.

You´re very welcome. The Speedmaster flight seat frame is made of steel and a very solid base.

Drilling holes into it, is the hardest thing, but looking forward with some passion for the result, makes things easier. Make sure you´re using the right drill for it.

For the sidemounted stick, I´ve spend a lot of time to place it in the right position, right heights by changing many times the view from the VR cockpit of the Viper to the simpit - the Mongoose T-50 CM2 is very good to simulate the FBW stick of the Viper as it is respectively slim to be placed closed to the right leg and also got a much more appropriate moving angle from the center than the WrBRD base to simulate fly-by-wire. In addition to that, the center force of the T-50 CM2 could be adjusted separately.

It´s pretty expensive, but not as much as the FSSB R3 Lighting base, which is obviously the best gimble to simulate the F-16.

Edited by - Voight -