Upuart's and nibbylot's Bell-47 Version 3.0

Presenting,

Upuart's and nibbylot's

Bell-47

Model and stretcher code, upuart.

FM, Mod structure and code, nibbylot.

Conversion Hawkeye60

I had asked upuart for the max file for this Bell to see if I could fix it after the Huey was locked.

I was able to use the KA-50 fm for a short time.

Now it is locked as well.

Then along come nibbylot with his AH6 mod with a FM!

I contacted him and asked for permission to use his FM for the Bell.

He was happy to share, and expressed interest in seeing it become flyable again.

Now he has release V .3 of his FM, It is time to get her into the battle field!

This mod has been based upon real life bell load outs. Only stretchers and guns are available.

Both may be loaded in the ME load out screen.

All the liveries are working.

Most are the work of Suntsag, ie: Naked.

His contribution is appreciated.

Testers include, Suntsag, testing and skins, The guys at the BSD with a shout out to LATEO for his assist.

Also, Admiral189, testing and gun position code, and the guys from the Vietnam/Korea Discord server.

A big thanks to all!

Please note,

The Mod uses the AH-6 FM and code.

If you try to use both at the same time in sim,

Unintended consequences will occur......

It has been a labor of love to do this mod.

One of my favorite Helo mods!

Thanks go out to upuart and nibbylot for their work and permissions.

Have fun!

Cheers!

new-bell1.jpg

new-bell2.jpg

new-bell4.jpg

new-bell5.jpg

new-bell3.jpg

new-bell6.jpg

625 mb zipped.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amrxfcnlwt122ko/Bell-47%20%202.5.6%20%20V3.0.zip?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Almost forgot......

A nod and wink to Stonehouse for keeping me on target!

Thanks Mate!

Reality wins the war!

Reserved

Edited by Hawkeye60

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Buddy, that is awesome! thanks to all involved! (long time no chat!) :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I just took this for a spin, both figuratively and literally. Was super fun. I haven't flown a chopper in DCS before. Last time I "flew" a chopper was 8 or 9 years ago playing Hind. A bit tough a first, but soon enough I was able to cruise around Batumi stable enough for sight seeing. I gotta say DCS sure does look different from down here.

• 3 weeks later...

Bell 47 ???

Hey Hawkeye, I'm a little challenged when it comes to mods, I must be doing something wrong.... I have the AH-6 mod, and it works, and I tried to load the file you gave me, but it isn't showing up...What am I doing wrong? Sorry to pester....06

• 2 months later...

This is pretty cool. However, it's max speed is too much. It over-performs. Is that because it is really an AH-6 or Hughes Model 500D or such? The instrument panel is too advanced. Is that also a straight copy from the AH-6, or have you modified it a little? Fuel weight is too much, isn't it? Doesn't the Bell 47G carry only 41 useable gallons of fuel? 100 Octane gasoline at 6 lbs per gallon, so about 246 lbs total of both tanks, I think. But then, I don't know what fuel burn rate you have. The AH-6 most likely burns fuel faster. The Bell 47's specific fuel consumption is probably in the range of about 0.45 lbs/HP/hr.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, after the announcement from GR, I learned that DCS has this helicopter. There was a link

to this topic, but there is no file on this link.( Tell me, where can I(if I can) download it?

GreyCat_SPb

On 11/27/2020 at 11:00 PM, Andrew8604 said:

This is pretty cool. However, it's max speed is too much. It over-performs. Is that because it is really an AH-6 or Hughes Model 500D or such? The instrument panel is too advanced. Is that also a straight copy from the AH-6, or have you modified it a little? Fuel weight is too much, isn't it? Doesn't the Bell 47G carry only 41 useable gallons of fuel? 100 Octane gasoline at 6 lbs per gallon, so about 246 lbs total of both tanks, I think. But then, I don't know what fuel burn rate you have. The AH-6 most likely burns fuel faster. The Bell 47's specific fuel consumption is probably in the range of about 0.45 lbs/HP/hr.

The FM is the AH-6, to the point that the FM file names are still labeled as AH-6.

• 9 months later...

@Hawkeye60

As of the last update, 2.7.11 there is no sound from the Bell 47.

All I hear is the wind.  

The Little Bird sounds just fine, but not the Bell.

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

How about the new Bell made by Dweeb?

This uses the same model.

If these sound work, they should be able to be added to the version 3.0

1 hour ago, Hawkeye60 said:

How about the new Bell made by Dweeb?

This uses the same model.

If these sound work, they should be able to be added to the version 3.0

I get the same thing. No sound.   🙁

Any other suggestions?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

@Hawkeye60

I got the sound problem sorted out, thanks, but 

I do have one other question though, Is it possible to change the "Rotor" sound to the "HelicopterFan" sound?

That one is more accurate to the a way Bell-47 is supposed to sound. It's the sound I remember from my youth

living near the Sun Helicopters Base in Miami, Fla. in the 60's. (yes I'm old) I used to watch them take off, fly over and land all day.

It is also the sound from countless TV shows and movies including M*A*S*H. Take a quick listen to the files.

The one named "Rotor" does not sound like a Bell-47 at all. The one named "HelicopterFan" does.

Thank you in advance

Helo sounds.zip

Edited by rayrayblues

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦