DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

Negative. Time to test BS and do some flying in LO with my squadmates ;)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peggy SU, Peggy SU, pritty pritty pritty peggy SU, oh, oh peggy, my peggy SU U U, well a won't you girl, an i need you peggy SUUUUU!!!!!!!!!:)

A wrinkle doesn't get of my face anymore!

Cheers,

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

How do you know it will never show it's head in the future? ;)

It might, but considering the present list of future aircraft to be developed then even if they get a military contract, for the aircraft I've mentioned, it will still most likely take more than 10 years to develop.. :huh:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Now imagine realizing that the 120 has almost the same range as that ER when launched high and fast as well ... things start to get scary ;)

IIRC max range for an ER shot is 66km (the max range at which the flanker's radar will lock on to anything). The AMRAAM can be launched from 80km if you really want, though I'm not terribly confident it would hit anyone who was half-competent at BVR ... the ER would more than likely end up with more energy.

Yep...ok...so it makes for a great realistic BVR fight where real tactics come into play?.....i sure hope so.

I wont get drawn into another of those missile discussions ~2-3 years in advance (by my optimistic estimation) beofre the games release;) I sure look forward to advanced missile/seeeker/countermeasure modelling though.

exciting times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

mulit-thread code??

all fine and good but

will DCS be based on multi-thread coding ???? will it support it..

we all know thats the bottleneck right there and looking to all the systems what will be implemented and then adding lots of operative units on a mission... oh oh :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great News !

1- A-10A Suite 2 (latest version of A-10A in active use)

2- A-10C Suite 3 (we now have permission from the USAF to develop an entertainment version of the simulation we developed for them. We are very happy and excited about this).

3- AH-64A Blk. 49A

4- Su-27

5- F-15C

6- Mi-24V

7- F-16C

8- MiG-29A

I believe the biggest hit will be the F-16 in the DCS series with complex A2G radar modes, but my head is cooler tonight. :cry:

First, i would like to see the DCS KA-50 DVD on the "market".

My (one & only) hope is: flyin' with that coaxial chopper...before Xmas.:( (as soon as possible)

I think people can lament about lack of their favorite aircraft so long as they do it once ...

Eg: Where's DCS: TomCat!!! :D

Other than that it looks like things have been quite positive!

Yep...BTW:Tomcat

Why there is not any carrier ops machine on DCS development list ?

The (Old Dead Cat):( TOMCAT F-14 or the MultiBUG F-18 ?

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I sure look forward to advanced missile/seeeker/countermeasure modelling though.

I'd like to see electronic warfare mirror in the sim. Modern air operations can't go without it. If USAF allowed to show us some of their fancy avionics have something changed with ECM realism in DCS? Unfortunatelly I believe there will be same shortcuts as for IFF, won't it? Also russian side should give a green light. So very slim chances.

all fine and good but

will DCS be based on multi-thread coding ???? will it support it..

we all know thats the bottleneck right there and looking to all the systems what will be implemented and then adding lots of operative units on a mission... oh oh :music_whistling:

Good Question.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team

Navy aircraft may well be part of the DCS environment at a later point; the posted list just indicates what is currently in work NOW. Also, to pursue any aircraft (like F-14 or F/A-18) we need the proper documents that we currently do not have.

Matt, I can't tell you how happy that part made me :thumbup::D:D .

Finally resources are being aimed at multiplayer with thoughts of not just how we are actually going to set up missions but what type of missions will best suit the aircraft type we're going to fly, ie coops for BS and adversarial once we get some fighters to play with. Every successful sim IMO is a result of an online environment that's very addictive e.g M$FS (Vatsim network), IL2 and hopefully we'll be able to add DCS-BS to that group too :) .

I have to say though that I'm bitterly, bitterly disappointed that the navy wont be showing it's head in any DCS release. I know the reasons why but when you see it in black and white it just adds a finality to the dream of an F18/Su33/Mig29K modeled to BS standards that just basically sucks :( . Although at least we will be getting a Su27 and Eagle to go head to head with so if we are allowed a vote then I would say to the DCS team that if it comes down to another chopper or bomber then forget them both and give us some fighters :) .. pleasssszzzee. :v:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and why infect this thread with ugly pics of Falcon!! LOL

• ED Team
Thanks for the most interesting dev update to date! :thumbup:

I wish I was 5 right now. I wouldn't have to go to scool and I could start with fighter module for DCS being about 10 ;) Seriously I think all of the past products except Flaming Cliffs and Falcon 4.0 Dynamic Campaign experience was a waste of time.

You say DCS is your first independent product. Wasn't Flaming Cliffs your first? I think you should be proud of it!

FC was an add-on for a Ubisoft published product.

Not really...

Aaaahhhh Yes - I Stand Corrected ;)

It's a tentative 'Yes'.

"We plan however to provide such features in our new simulation engine that is currently in development for later versions of DCS."

:)

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team
Man I want to see a screenie of F-16C AG radar.

Finally, high and fast CAS done right.

MI-24V? Are you serious? Totally unexpected and awesome. Always wanted to get my hands on one of these. It's just so damn mean looking....

A very advanced air-to-surface radar modeling system is being developed internally and we'll show screens and videos down the road (not soon though).

OMG! A-10C!

I know that a lot of people have said this, but I love you guys! I feel safe to know that there is a chance!

Also, BTW, not that it matters, but DCS looks like it is shaping up to just be a redo of Lockon. To me it all just seems kinda the same, but better!

It's no lockon redo. About the only similarities might be the list of aircraft, and that's where it ends ... period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Also, BTW, not that it matters, but DCS looks like it is shaping up to just be a redo of Lockon. To me it all just seems kinda the same, but better!

And that's considering lockon's one of the best sims of all time! It will be like lockon x10!

And, for you F-16 lovers... I would much rather see the Su-27 and the F-15. It's quite clear we will be getting our a2g planes (A-10A and A-10C, which will have a/g radar) and our helos (Ka-50 and Apaches). I think It would be fair to put in some strictly A2A fighters as we cannot really do A2A with the A-10s. We already have a high fidelity F-16 in Falcon 4 (OH NO! I SAID THE WORD!) so I think ED should do the Flanker and Eagle right and give them the detail they deserve!

Of course, If we do get the F-16, I will still be happy to fly a fighter again.

My 2 cents

Aero out

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

It's a "redo" only insofar as they are both combat simulations set in the same geographical region. The aircraft models are completely different--level of fidelity, etc. Essentially, DCS will be a "study" sim of multiple aircraft. Lockon is a survey sim of multiple aircraft. Big difference.

(A-10A and A-10C, which will have a/g radar)

No they don't. :)

We already have a high fidelity F-16 in Falcon 4

Probably not as hi-fi as ED's :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

And that's considering lockon's one of the best sims of all time! It will be like lockon x10!

And, for you F-16 lovers... I would much rather see the Su-27 and the F-15. It's quite clear we will be getting our a2g planes (A-10A and A-10C, which will have a/g radar) and our helos (Ka-50 and Apaches). I think It would be fair to put in some strictly A2A fighters as we cannot really do A2A with the A-10s. We already have a high fidelity F-16 in Falcon 4 (OH NO! I SAID THE WORD!) so I think ED should do the Flanker and Eagle right and give them the detail they deserve!

My 2 cents

Aero out

...A2G...but there is a bit difference between: A-10C & F-16C 8)

A-10C is fantastic but i think we really need a HOT (fastmover) SEAD plane too ;)

If U don't like Falcon... let the STRIKE Eagle fly :)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

yeah thx i found it

Q: Will DCS: Black Shark be Vista-compatible and take advantage of multi-core processors?

A: The initial release of DCS will use a heavily modified version of our TFCSE simulation engine that will run Windows XP SP2 and Vista equally well using either DirectX 9 or DirectX 10. However, DCS versions based on the TFCSE engine will not take advantage of DirectX 10 unique features or multi-core processors. We plan however to provide such features in our new simulation engine that is currently in development for later versions of DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My 2 cents

Aero out

Hi Fi Viper? Yes, but ugly as homemade sin. Not to mention a big fat dead-end. Technically Falcon is an animal that has been dead for years but has been propped up by various parties again, and again, and again. Kinda like that movie "Weekend at Bernie's". ;) Its a good sim, but saying that it takes the place of a DCS F-16C module is just silly.\

OTOH, yeah, the Viper has been done to death.

However, as someone pointed out, I'd put money on the F-16C being the most popular module. I'd rather have a Flanker or Eagle first, but my second choice would be the Viper.