GUI squished (workaround available)

Hi,

I am running a vertical dual screen setup (4K on top, 1080p touchscreen for Helios underneath) and when starting DCS, the GUI in the upper screen is squished to approx 2/3rds of the display area. The clickspots for each menu item is in the right place, just the picture is "compressed" against the upper portion of the screen.

My monitor config should be ok as it works perfectly in the game itself (even F10 map is only on the big main screen), only in the launcher GUI things are off.

Alt-tabbing out of the options menu and going back in seems to resolve the issue and is a viable workaround for now.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Do you have the resolution for the 1080p screen selected in the options? Is yes, the compression in your 4K screen,but not your 1080p screen is because your 4K monitor is showing DCS at 1/2 the resolution of the screen. I've never used a multi-monitor setup, so I don't know if you can set them to different values. I have a 4K monitor, but run the sim at 1080p because it almost doubles my FPS. Alt+Tab doesn't work for me because when I use it, i can't mouse click in the cockpit. Instead, I click on my desktop with my mouse. That expands the sim to full screen and I can use my mouse to click in the cockpit.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I have them arranged in windows as separate screens, vertically.

Inside DCS I have an overall resolution of 3840x3240, automatically calculated aspect ratio and inside my monitor config is a separate viewport for the GUI that restricts it to the upper 4K screen. It works brilliantly when already loaded into a mission, using mission editor and what have you, only when I start up DCS initially, the main menu is squished on the big upper screen and I have to alt-tab out and back in to get it to display properly.

Seems like the main menu doesn't parse the screen config when initially loading or something.

It's not a big deal overall, since I discovered the alt-tab workaround I can live with it, I just wanted to know if this little quirk is known to the devs.

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Try mouse click in the desktop (outside the DCS window). It should open the DCS window to full screen. I don't know how the system in DCS determines which is the main screen. Maybe it's seeing your lower screen as the main, starting it up as 1080p. I know I lose the selectable cockpit switches and such if I use Alt+Tab to expand the window.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

If you make your monitor config as such that is spans both screens, you can't click outside of DCS by definition. Hence the Alt-Tab workaround. Resolution etc is all fine, it just compresses the GUI on the upper screen until I Alt-Tab out and back in. My guess is that is somehow miscalculates the aspect ratio wrong initially.

I don't do windowed.