DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This occurs with every module.

The Module Modelled is stated, and then users want specific features that are from another block/export option.

F-5E, users want AGM65s and A2A Refueling etc, Not part of USAF Block.

F/A-18C, users want items specific to export versions.

F-15C Users want items from a newer block,

Same with Flankers and A-10C.

The difference is the Exact era of F16C block 50 isnt known. as pointed out a F16C block 50 on its own is still somewhat vague, as could be anything from the initial model introduced in 1991 which didnt have SEAD capability ( such upgrade followed shortly with unofficial nomenclature for said program; BLock 50/52 CJ) , or the last production F16C block 50 from 2001, or perhaps even with Some Post Production Upgrades in the manner the F/A18C Lot 20 has

Actually from my perspective there has very little wish-listing for additional F/A18C feature not beloning to the USN version because ED has modeled nearly as modern Iteration as they could that will have all the features that everyone would have wanted, like JHMCS , Aim9X , and various additional more sohphiscated longer range Standoff Weapons that the A10 never had.

As such its not hard to understand why people would want a feature contemporary, if not at least similar timeframe comparable Viper to its Hornet sibling

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As such its not hard to understand why people would want a feature, if not at least similar time frame comparable Viper to its Hornet sibling

Exactly, or

At least I hope they bring to life a comparable or better module of the F-16 to that of one in nameless*cough cough* Bird sim. and in turn brings over more people to DCS and growing the player base.

Since excluding the DCS features and Increased Resolution, this Module will be compared to every sim that has depicted the F-16 that came before it.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

MVSGAS, you seem quite knowledgeable on the F-16, is there a substantial difference between Export Block 50's and USAF ones other than the use of this equipment?

I know some stuff, but I am no expert. To try to answer your question; Short answer: depends what you consider substantial.

Long winded Answer:

Every F-16 is different, I don't mean this batch or that one. I mean every single F-16. I have been in units that with different equipment because the ongoing upgrades. For example I was on the 8 FW, 8 Maintenance Squadron, 80th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) when it was converting from block 30 to Block 40 that had undergone the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP), so on base we had Block 30, Block 40 without CCIP and Block 40 with CCIP. So that is one base. Think about that when you think of the scale of how many Countries use the F-16. So there are 27 countries that fly it, some like Trukey that produce their own. Israel with their own specific avionics and all with different updates/upgrades schedules. Some get upgrades from SABCA, or Elbit, or Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, Northrop, BAE systems , GE, PW or even TAI. Different HUDs, radars, radars mode MFD etc, etc. Another thing to consider is the small updates/upgrades. After CCIP, you still got software upgrades (on some F-16 call OFP), things like new flame holder for the engine ( this is the part where the flame of the AB sits for lack of better words) SAT comms added, etc. To add more, the weapons updates: like GBU-39, laser guided rockets, etc.

I never worked on F-16 with chutes but IIRC, they use hydraulics to deploy the chute, so some hydraulic components will be different. The RWR antennas are reposition so structurally that will be different. I would imagine they would have to strengthen the tail where the cute attaches but that just me guessing.

For the conformals: again never saw them in the USAF, so completely guessing. The structure will be different so you can attach the tanks to the top of the jets. Fuel tanks piping would be different. Not sure if installing the tanks changes the weight and balance of the aircraft.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To all the responses thinking I'm being insensitive, that's not the case.

In the case of the J-11A, The Team added Lights, and a few small things added a missile to the pylon data, the PFM and Cockpit Systems are still the same as the Su-27.

So it's not really the same as making a Variant, then an export version w/ entirely different radar systems etc.

I'm not trying to be insensitive, just making sure users are aware that export options arent usually planned for USAF/USN Aircraft.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

besides.. as pointed out the MLU/CCIP versions are basically a quick-fix for vipers to get to the block 40 level and beyond without having to buy new aircraft, meaning that some leftover features from the initial F16A/B spec are bound to be on board. The cockpit layout will be a little different (different RWR, ECM panel, backup comms, etc. etc. due to this legacy effect and varying (european) contractors, but the functionality remains (about) the same in the end, trying to mimic a USAF block type. With exception of the parachute of course, but that is only a trifle compared to all the other features of the plane. This detail I would argue, is a nice to have for F-16 enthusiasts from country X but doesn't bring anything to the table tactically. And I don't think this enthusiast would avoid the Viper in DCS altogether because of to the absence of his/her beloved parachute too. IMHO the benefit of going for the block50/52 (post '93?) is that the cockpit layout and jet configuration is simply more optimised and coherent. And HTS compatible questionmark wink.

Edited by TwanV

• 1 month later...
Exactly, or

At least I hope they bring to life a comparable or better module of the F-16 to that of one in nameless*cough cough* Bird sim. and in turn brings over more people to DCS and growing the player base.

Since excluding the DCS features and Increased Resolution, this Module will be compared to every sim that has depicted the F-16 that came before it.

No matter how much time I spend on DCS, I end back up on a nameless sim. Because it is just plain more enjoyable and stutter free. :thumbup:

-SnakeShit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Peace through Superior Firepower

EVERYTHING YOU'LL EVER NEED FOR LOMAC:

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/news.html

I know this has probably already been asked but is there provisions for attaching CFT's to the Block 50?

Having that capability would add a lot to the simulation of foreign F-16 users ie Greece, Turkey, UAE, etc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I know this has probably already been asked but is there provisions for attaching CFT's to the Block 50?

Having that capability would add a lot to the simulation of foreign F-16 users ie Greece, Turkey, UAE, etc

I hope they do, but I have doubts.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3568597&postcount=302

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3568825&postcount=304

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3599514&postcount=335

Keep in mine that CFT are just one of the many differences when talking about "simulation of foreign F-16 ". Different weapons, radars, radar versions, radar software, flight control software (some call OFP) Different landing gears, lighting, cockpit arrangement, weight, limitation, etc.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Thanks but that is just a render sobek, I was hoping to see something like this USAF F-16D Block 50 from Shaw AFB. 91-0480

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3389368&postcount=939

This was back in Feb this year, so fairly recent I would say. Shaw AFB being part of ACC and units deploy frequently, they tent to be one of the first in line for updates/upgrades, but it still has only two MFDs.

:music_whistling: Had eyes on a USAF 90 F-16C (block 42 though) very recently that has the third MFD. So it is there, just not sure how far operational wide it is considering what this particular jets mission is. Sorry no pictures, as well it's not allowed.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

See if you can get a hold of the 00GV, it should have the TCTO number for the center MFD/screen. That might help us know when it started.

To whom it may concern,

• 3 weeks later...
so what is the current status of DCS: F-16? unknown, confirmed, in progress?

It's confirmed that it is beeing developed but the actual state of development is unkown.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Confirmed officially by ED and they’ve said numerous times “Completing the F/A-18C is our priority at this time”, they’d also said not to expect to hear much more on the F-16C until that is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 1 month later...

Yes, was confirmed a while ago. Still a very long way off though.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Yea there's this thread... the official info is in the thread title.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3443636#post3443636

Though no-one has posted in a while because Wags posted that there will be no further information until 2019 and until the F/A-18 is closer to been completed.

It is created by the same team building the F/A-18, so that's why...

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron