D2M usage IRL

Pr0metheus

Hi Razbam,

we started a discussion on one of the servers over D2M usage on M-2000C because as one of the admins stated: because it's not used IRL therefore it's not implemented on server. Can you confirm this? And if not, why it was implemented in DCS in first place? I'm guessing that the best answer can be given by the developers that are currently in France as guests of Île-de-France squadron.

Best regards!

It is indeed not used by the french air force on their Mirage 2000C, but is in use on the fighter-bomber D variant. The C variant has all the related switches installed though.

See here for some general information from the RAZBAM devs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177756

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

to sum up:

1) it is used on the Mirage2000D

2) it can be used on the Mirage 2000C, as it is a pylon attachment on the Magic 2 IR missle pylon;

3) it is not used on the Mirage 2000C because of the role the 2000C plays in the french air force at present and the lack of a threat of IR SAM missiles to the 2000C

4) It was incldued in DCS world for players who like to use the Mirage 2000C in a ground attack role;

5) it is highly likely that it would be deployed by ingenious french airmen and technicians should the risk of SAM IR missles increase in a wartime theatre.

The DDM was also used on Mirage 2000N, and there is an article explaining that the ECM system needed am upgrade to use the system.

So even if there was a provision for the DDM on the ECM command box, it wasn’t plug & play.

The system has been planned from the beginning on the Mirage 2000 family, but since it was optional, it suffered from short funding.

It was back on track after the loss of a Mirage 2000N to a MANPAD in Bosnia.

Some other French planes were touched by MANPAD without being shot down.

A Mirage IVP had an impact without détonation between the 2 engines.

An Etendard IVP was damaged but managed to trap on the aircraft carrier.

DDM was procured only for Mirage 2000N & D.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

why it was implemented in DCS in first place?

IIRC, is because people kept asking for it, so RAZBAM added the D2M. Same with the 4 Magic, I think this version ( the RDI) could only carry two and people kept asking about carrying 4.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hi Razbam,

we started a discussion on one of the servers over D2M usage on M-2000C because as one of the admins stated:

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Are they flying FC3 planes on this server?;)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Hi,

Everything is flying, with the several weapon restriction. I believe this is only system restriction that they enforced. I fly with M-2000C and just yesterday, in a single flight I was fired upon 13 times on different occasion, ranging from Hawk (SAM), Stingers, Sparrows and Sidewinders (I was dancing with the devil around highly defended Sochi airfield but managed to shoot down F/A-18 and P-51D). Very often I use popup tactics with mountain cover and those mountains sometimes are hiding real threats with AAA, shoulder launched SAMs etc, not to mention when you break into the valley. Heck, with that tactics and configuration I don't velieve that any reasonable pilot would take off the D2M. Caucauss mountain range is pretty high.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Are they flying FC3 planes on this server?;)