Trying to find info on VOICE ATTACK and the F18

This threads provides everything you need to know. Works fine for me in DCS F/A-18

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I read something somewhere but now I search and cannot find it. Is V.A. working on the F18 and if so, what does it do?

FYI, VoiceAttack is a powerful and versatile input modality that works with any module in DCS.

The link provided by MustangSally is for Hollywood's Vaicom app which, as you'll see on the linked site, does awesome things as a pluggin for VoiceAttack. Not sure if its adapted to the F18 yet.

Anyway VoiceAttack as a stand alone app is worth a look as well.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Use your voice to control your aircraft

I read something somewhere but now I search and cannot find it. Is V.A. working on the F18 and if so, what does it do?

I use VA. If a file in the DCS control config panel is mapped to a keyboard command, you can use your voice to control it.

Ex. Gear up / gear down is controlled by the letter "G" on the keyboard.

I programmed "G" in voice attack, so that when I say "gear", the landing gear cycles up or down.

You do not need Viacom Pro to make voice attack work with the Hornet. I have the Viacom Pro, but I find it much easier just to use voice attack directly.

An example of where you CANNOT use voice attack is the autopilot. There is no way to "map" a keyboard command in DCS, to make the autopilot function. You just have to use your mouse. So you cannot use voice attack....

unless there is some way Viacom Pro can overcome this ... that I do not know.